Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 03:27 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,571,500 times

Advertisements

Former head of Israel's intelligence service tells Portuguese newspaper it would take at least 25 years before battle against fundamentalist terrorism is won; says nuclear strike by Muslim terrorists 'very likely'

A third World War is already underway between Islamic militancy and the West but most people do not realize it, the former head of Israel’s intelligence service Mossad said in an interview published Saturday in Portugal.

‘We are in the midst of a third World War,’ former Mossad chief Efraim Halevy told weekly newspaper Expresso.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0%2...7552%2C00.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2007, 07:52 AM

986 posts, read 2,807,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Former head of Israel's intelligence service tells Portuguese newspaper it would take at least 25 years before battle against fundamentalist terrorism is won; says nuclear strike by Muslim terrorists 'very likely'

A third World War is already underway between Islamic militancy and the West but most people do not realize it, the former head of Israel’s intelligence service Mossad said in an interview published Saturday in Portugal.

‘We are in the midst of a third World War,’ former Mossad chief Efraim Halevy told weekly newspaper Expresso.

I truly believe this! Why is it the most people do not get this??

Old 01-28-2007, 09:17 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
I truly believe this! Why is it the most people do not get this??
Because its all Bush's fault. Because Bush made gas prices go up. Because Bush didn't fix healthcare, because Bush didn't rebuild New Orleans in one year, because Bush refuses to cut and run (or as dems call it, redeploy).

People don't get it because the only thing they get right now is when something is blamed on Bush.

Old 01-28-2007, 09:19 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,474,427 times
NO it will take longer. But aside from that he is correct.

Old 01-28-2007, 09:37 AM

753 posts, read 758,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post

Mr. Halevy probably knows alot more than any of us do. So let's agree for sake of argument that it is WWIII.

So ask yourself, do you feel good about funding this fight with Chinese-sponsored debt while your president tells you to "Go shopping"?

Do you feel good about the fact that only volunteers are being asked to fight? Shouldn't every swinging blankety-blank have to take up arms if the threat is there?

Do you feel good about the fact that the public at large aren't being asked to sacrifice? Higher taxes, rationing, sending your kids to battle, that's what it takes to win a world war.

Do you feel good about the fact that you haven't enlisted yet?

If it's WWIII, why don't we fight like it is?

Last edited by FistFightingHairdresser; 01-28-2007 at 10:38 AM..

Old 01-28-2007, 11:00 AM

603 posts, read 1,994,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
Mr. Halevy probably knows alot more than any of us do. So let's agree for sake of argument that it is WWIII.

So ask yourself, do you feel good about funding this fight with Chinese-sponsored debt while your president tells you to "Go shopping"?

Do you feel good about the fact that only volunteers are being asked to fight? Shouldn't every swinging blankety-blank have to take up arms if the threat is there?

Do you feel good about the fact that the public at large aren't being asked to sacrifice? Higher taxes, rationing, sending your kids to battle, that's what it takes to win a world war.

Do you feel good about the fact that you haven't enlisted yet?

If it's WWIII, why don't we fight like it is?
I don't think our current predicament today classifies as WWIII just yet. It's a little too abstract, unless you want to reclassify what counts as a world war, but maybe something more along the lines of a new Cold War. From Isreal's perspective, being in the hot zone all the time, it probably looks much more like WWIII to them, since their situation is a little more dire than ours. Now, that said, if these civil wars in Iraq, Lebanon, and Palestine begin spilling over into one another and the region, then people it may just be the beginning. I'm afraid we've already opened pandora's box in the middle east. Now we've got to find a way to get out of there without fueling a new world war.

PS--did anybody see the special on CNN about radical Islam in Britain? I'm surprised that they're willing to put up with that garbage without throwing those wackos in jail. That is are problem in the west, they exploit our freedoms, and we're too timid when faced with these enemies that want us dead to do anything about it. Their population is 10% muslim due to an idiotic immigration policy, so why wouldn't they just stop immigration from muslim countries? It's crazy and it's happening all over europe (remember the French riots?). Pray that it never happens in this country.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:07 AM

753 posts, read 758,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdizzle View Post
I don't think our current predicament today classifies as WWIII just yet. It's a little too abstract, unless you want to reclassify what counts as a world war, but maybe something more along the lines of a new Cold War. From Isreal's perspective, being in the hot zone all the time, it probably looks much more like WWIII to them, since their situation is a little more dire than ours. Now, that said, if these civil wars in Iraq, Lebanon, and Palestine begin spilling over into one another and the region, then people it may just be the beginning. I'm afraid we've already opened pandora's box in the middle east. Now we've got to find a way to get out of there without fueling a new world war.

PS--did anybody see the special on CNN about radical Islam in Britain? I'm surprised that they're willing to put up with that garbage without throwing those wackos in jail. That is are problem in the west, they exploit our freedoms, and we're too timid when faced with these enemies that want us dead to do anything about it. Their population is 10% muslim due to an idiotic immigration policy, so why wouldn't they just stop immigration from muslim countries? It's crazy and it's happening all over europe (remember the French riots?). Pray that it never happens in this country.
We don't put up with radical Islam in Britain. They are being put in jail and/or deported, the remainder enjoy heavy surveillance. Remember this country has many decades more experience dealing with terrorists than America does. Controlling the problem takes a steady hand. Watch and learn.

And as for immigration, most of the newcomers working in restaurants and washing dishes are from Poland instead of Pakistan. And our only concern is that they'll go home when things back home improve.

If you want facts on the ground, ask me before you listen to John Gibson. I'll give you the real scoop.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:18 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,983,135 times
I think to call it WWIII is too much. I can certainly see from Israel's perspective that being threatened with obliteration from Iran which is building a nuclear capacity for nuclear weaponry would be frightening. Israel couldn't really absorb such an attack and survive I don't think. Then again, the Iranians are retards for provoking Israel with such an overwhelming threat. My guess is that Tehran will be a smoking ruin before Tel Aviv.
I think a problem with the Muslim world is that it's too primitive and locked in a Dark Ages radical mindset with access to modern technologies. The Islamic religion means "submission" and it's their belief that if you can't pursuade people to convert then you make them "convert" by the sword. There's a problem here.
The situation in Europe and now developing in Canada is a good example of what America should avoid. The Europeans have brought it upon themselves and Britain has become a hotbed of Islamic militants and radical theology. The French are 10% Moslem immigrants now who will not assimilate. The Netherlands has finally become hard-edged as the population of indigenous Dutch has rebelled against the Muslim immigrants who try to change the country into a Muslim Caliph, instead of joining the democracy and society. After two spectacular political murders by radical Muslims against Dutch Politicians, the Dutch are finally clamping down.
I think there is a huge problem with the Muslims and the Muslim world. I don't give a flying F about the Middle East or whether they have democracy or not. They can't live in democratic societies as they aren't mature enough. They depend on bloodthirsty tyrants to keep order. They are a primitive civilization whose bright lights move to the West. The Muslim world produces nothing besides raw materials like oil. Name a brand from the Muslim world that is world-renowned? Name a famous book (no, the Koran doesn't count) or piece of literature that comes from the Muslim world? Name a device or item of technological significance that originated or was invented or is or was produced in the Muslim world? I can't think of one. It's a failed civilization that is struggling with its failure and blaming the West for its inability to cope with, adjust to, and contribute to modernity. It's much easier to claim victimhood and blame others than accept responsibility for one's own failures and lack of skills. Put nuclear weapons in the hands of people from this mindset with the added fanaticism of perverted religious fervor and you've got calculating and incredibly dangerous enemies with no limits to their barbarity to deal with.
If things do descend into a 'war', they will lose. There's no question about it. The first nuke that goes off in an American or European city due to Islamic terrorists will cause Muslims to be expelled from Europe and North America in droves.
I think the Muslim world does indeed pose a terrible threat, but it isn't enough to extinguish the West or Western life.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
We don't put up with radical Islam in Britain. They are being put in jail and/or deported, the remainder enjoy heavy surveillance. Remember this country has many decades more experience dealing with terrorists than America does. Controlling the problem takes a steady hand. Watch and learn.

And as for immigration, most of the newcomers working in restaurants and washing dishes are from Poland instead of Pakistan. And our only concern is that they'll go home when things back home improve.

If you want facts on the ground, ask me before you listen to John Gibson. I'll give you the real scoop.
Well, they already have Big Brother in Britian to the extreme and it has worked about as well as it has here with stopping Islamic radicals. You catch some, you miss some. The West has still proven itself to be impotent when it comes to radical Islam and instead decides to throw money at Iraq and Afghanistan. I feel sorry for Europeans, because their governments are either incredibly naive or too scared of backlash to halt immigration from the Islamic world (ex: French riots, Danish cartoons). This is not to say that all muslims are radical, but even if it is only 5-10% of those immigrants, that is still too much to risk IMO. With current projections, Germany is expected to have a Muslim majority in only 30 years, according to its own government study. The implications that this has on the entire West is quite dramatic. We can all sit around and pretend that we're fighting terrorists and ignore the fact that we are fighting an ideology of radical Islam.

PS--I don't watch John Gibson . Fox News is too slanted.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
...The situation in Europe and now developing in Canada is a good example of what America should avoid. The Europeans have brought it upon themselves and Britain has become a hotbed of Islamic militants and radical theology. The French are 10% Moslem immigrants now who will not assimilate. The Netherlands has finally become hard-edged as the population of indigenous Dutch has rebelled against the Muslim immigrants who try to change the country into a Muslim Caliph, instead of joining the democracy and society. After two spectacular political murders by radical Muslims against Dutch Politicians, the Dutch are finally clamping down. I think there is a huge problem with the Muslims and the Muslim world. I don't give a flying F about the Middle East or whether they have democracy or not. ...If things do descend into a 'war', they will lose. There's no question about it. The first nuke that goes off in an American or European city due to Islamic terrorists will cause Muslims to be expelled from Europe and North America in droves.
I think the Muslim world does indeed pose a terrible threat, but it isn't enough to extinguish the West or Western life.
You are quite correct. The Dutch now have the toughest immigration policy in Europe. This is the most liberal society on Earth, so that should really be saying something! I have friends that live in Paris and they were absolutely mortified by the rioting that has occurred there on more than 1 occasion and is expected to again. But, as I was just noting, Germany is going to be a Muslim majority in 30 years, and some of these other countries may follow and then conflict with the middle east will have a whole different dynamic and we could even see a radical Islamic leader over there in the distant future. This is definitely a lesson that Americans, and the West, need to take to heart. Why give them democracy? Has anybody been paying attention to the palestinian territories? They voted in Hamas, a terrorist organization, and now their is civil war breaking out. Is that what we want for the middle east? I say we get as far away from they mess as we can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies