Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2008, 07:50 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times

Advertisements

Sitting here tonight watching the hot babes in their skimpy gear play beach volleyball it hit me that we'll probably not see Muslim women play many sports due to lack of acceptable dress.

I wonder if Muslim countries are blocking viewing of the Olympics for the skimpy clothing of the men & women? Are our soldiers in Iraq able to receive the broadcasts ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 08:04 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Sitting here tonight watching the hot babes in their skimpy gear play beach volleyball it hit me that we'll probably not see Muslim women play many sports due to lack of acceptable dress.

I wonder if Muslim countries are blocking viewing of the Olympics for the skimpy clothing of the men & women? Are our soldiers in Iraq able to receive the broadcasts ?
I was thinking something similar the other day while I watched the opening ceremonies. A few middle-eastern countries (don't remember exactly which ones) had women walking out with the rest of their country's athletes, wearing head scarves. I wondered what they do during their respective Olympic events, in terms of dress? I mean, surely they don't compete with their head scarves on, regardless of what sport they participate in, right? Are there special rules for these female athletes, or what?

Old 08-13-2008, 08:07 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,766,041 times
Goofy nuts. Islam wasn't radicalized like it is now just 30 years ago. We are definately headed down the wrong road.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:21 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
I can visualize those hot Saudi girls wearing their skimpy beach volleyball wear with a veil covering their head & face.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:32 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
Quote:
I can visualize those hot Saudi girls wearing their skimpy beach volleyball wear with a veil covering their head & face.
I didn't need to visualize that thought, I see hairy legs and such

Old 08-13-2008, 09:47 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,746 times
Quote:

I wouldn't give them much chance of living long once they returned home were they to do that.

They'd probably be killed in an honor killing - there are thousands of them each year in the Muslim world. I even read the other day that a girl who went out with someone from the wrong sect of Islam was raped, tortured and murderd by HER FATHER in an honor killing (how come these stories don't get much mainstream media attention - yet the things they called 'torture' in Abu Graib were front line news 24/7 for a year????) - forget if it was Saudi Arabia, Iran or Iraq, but if that isn't a completely hypocritcal, evil and vile belief system, can someone please tell me why I'm wrong to think this way???

And these are NOT isolated incidents in the Muslim world - not by a long shot.

All those women reading this forum - if you aren't worried about the growth of Islam in this country - then my advice to you is start thinking about what color Burka you want to wear each and every time you go out in public - white or black???

HubbleRules
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies