Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 11:17 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,397,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLL98 View Post
...As long as our fellow Americans embrace the laws and values of the American culture....
This is the problem I see. First off, many are not fellow Americans (nor Americans at all), and second, they're not embracing America and its values.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 11:22 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,756,832 times
I wonder why diversity is so great for the USA and Europe but..
Noone is screaming that China,India,Etc is not diverse!

Old 08-14-2008, 11:22 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,805,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
This is the problem I see. First off, many are not fellow Americans (nor Americans at all), and second, they're not embracing America and its values.
I'm sorry, what seems to be the problem? White people being outnumbered or having fewer or no plastic bags of sandwiches and cheese in corporate fridge[s] by the year 2050?

Old 08-14-2008, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
I'm sorry, what seems to be the problem? White people being outnumbered or having fewer or no plastic bags of sandwiches and cheese in corporate fridge[s] by the year 2050?
I don't know how to answer this.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:48 AM

1,044 posts, read 1,951,430 times
Quote:
Well, I am all for immigration laws being enforced, but I don't know that the growth in minorities is due mainly to illegal immigration. Aside from that, I live in an area with a very large immigrant population and I see very little in the way of people not embracing the American way of life and laws. It's usually just the opposite, most people who choose to come to America (by legal means) are so happy to be here and live the American way of life, they love this country and appreciate more than many Americans who have been here for generations.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLL98 View Post
...most people who choose to come to America (by legal means) are so happy to be here and live the American way of life, they love this country and appreciate more than many Americans who have been here for generations.
I utterly swear I have no problem with the people you mention here. That's what immigration should be about--people who want to be Americans, not people who want to take advantage and demand America's benefits in order to make a "Little [wherever they came from]" and ignore our culture.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:59 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,805,042 times
Somebody please help me here....What is the American way of life?

Old 08-14-2008, 12:00 PM

Exactly.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:03 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,634,706 times
Really, what do you consider the end all, be all "American Way of Life"?

Old 08-14-2008, 12:08 PM

5,523 posts, read 13,918,457 times
Quote:
I utterly swear I have no problem with the people you mention here. That's what immigration should be about--people who want to be Americans, not people who want to take advantage and demand America's benefits in order to make a "Little [wherever they came from]" and ignore our culture.
Do you have a problem with Little Italies too? Your lack of knowledge of our history is evident. It's like you don't realize that immigrants have ALWAYS formed their own enclaves where they could speak their own language, read newspapers in their native language, worship in their own churches, etc. If it was okay for the Germans, the Poles, the Greeks, the Jews, the Czechs, and the Irish, why can't the Mexicans, the Haitians, and the Nigerians do the same?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies