Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 03:41 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,332,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
Do you not realize that most recruits are kids just out of highschool? They oft make poor, spur of the moment decisions and don't realize the gravity of their actions until too late. Also there is the whole "believing what authority figures tell you" aspect of the situation, especially if it's someone in uniform...

As you know good percentage in combat jobs are from broken homes no dad's.
Some seem to trust the recruiters and they play it well.

They arent wrong for doing it but we will agree not the most ethical thing to do.

I think the military is great ONLY when the son's and daughter's of the rich serve in front line troops next to the poor cannon fodder who come back to low income housing, trailor parks,etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 03:45 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,018,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Then do it. Find your own cause and do something more than fighting in the 101st Chairborne Commandos.
LMAO Amen. Well spoken, Sir.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:47 PM

Default yeah right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
I AM doing it, except I don't "fight" in the classic sense since it is unproductive. One can best accomplish by example and through empowerment.
Uh huh..I smell bull$h!+.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:55 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,500,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
-------
Well said they may not lie (though many do) but they "play" with words,phrases and distort facts .

In my case I wasn't lied to but met MANY who were (facts distorted) .
Yes they do distort like crazy I mean look at all the commercials they have. Become an army of one do cool stuff, travel the world, pay for college, get a great job afterwards.

Don't look at this as a "Oh he was 21 he should of known better" . Understand that a lot of people who join have absolutely nothing going for them at all and feel like its their only option. So they are gullible to believe the stuff that is being told to them.

Oh and I have a quick ? aren't they really lying because I have been told by a some vets in my class that GI bill has ran out in a few months and some have said it only works for 3 years. A major reason why people join is for the free college so whats the deal with that?

Old 08-14-2008, 04:05 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,050,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Uh huh..I smell bull$h!+.
is it Bull or chicken??????????

Old 08-14-2008, 04:09 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,050,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
I' m surprised an 06 which I imagine is same as E6 gets that money . He must be impt /good at what he does .

In artillery even an E8 wouldnt get that type money to reup.

Thanks for finding out
If memory serves, an O-6 is a full Colonel whereas an E-6 is a Tech Sgt.....a WORLD of differance

Old 08-14-2008, 04:10 PM

Default hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
is it Bull or chicken??????????
I stand corrected! 'tis Chicken!

Old 08-14-2008, 04:44 PM

958 posts, read 2,129,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
Do you not realize that most recruits are kids just out of highschool? They oft make poor, spur of the moment decisions and don't realize the gravity of their actions until too late. Also there is the whole "believing what authority figures tell you" aspect of the situation, especially if it's someone in uniform...
Kinda like Audie Murphy (http://www.medalofhonor.com/MedalOfHonorAudieLMurphy.htm - broken link)huh?

Last edited by turkeytrot; 08-14-2008 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: incomplete

Old 08-14-2008, 07:37 PM

251 posts, read 879,358 times
Well my bad luck made it to where i was born in this nation, i did not choose to be here, i do not have the money to leave and probably never will i want to see the imperialist u.s taken down and a new form of government actually for the people and by the people put in place, not a government that forces young people to fight wars on false pretenses, actual lies in fact, and a war for israel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
May I ask - why are you here??

Old 08-14-2008, 07:38 PM

251 posts, read 879,358 times
But we are not at war, ole jug ears never got congress to declare war, therefore its still a conflict or a skirmish whatever you like to call it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeytrot View Post
He was not forced to go into the military like so many other countries do, he volunteered. He DID NOT have the "right to flee". He signed a legal and binding contract to serve so many years in the military and he broke that contract. There is a penalty for that and in time of war it can be a steep one.
After he has serves his time and receives his dishonorable discharge he can go freeload off some other government.
Who knows, maybe you could help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies