Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 04:02 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,401,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
This thread is WAY off topic. I'm sure liberals and republicans alike, in general, believe in a God. Can we get back to bashing the liberals with wacked out republican spin?

If you just change how many post show up at one time it will only be about 20 pages....

Old 09-07-2008, 04:05 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,258,541 times
Quote:
This thread is WAY off topic. I'm sure liberals and republicans alike, in general, believe in a God. Can we get back to bashing the liberals with wacked out republican spin?
I think this thread proves evolution is true. At least on Internet Forum threads!

One thing always leads to another.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:53 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,002,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Lie? What lie? I haven't lied about anything. Show me where I have lied. Sheesh! And since when is responding to posts with cogent arguments "whining"?
There are no "mounds of evidence, and not one of you have shown me any as yet. You just keep saying that there is evidence, and further that evolution has been proved!
First and foremost, evolution is not a religion but christianity is and if you can't accept that small fact then there's no hope for you at all. Cogent arguments? Responses like "please " are not exactly "cogent"
Quote:
Believe me, if evolution had been proven to be fact, and not fiction, the whole world would know it, and we wouldn't be having an argument. But the whole world does not know it, much less agree that evolution is even valid as a science. It has to be accepted on faith alone. That's why I say it is a religion.
But you're willing to accept creationism as fact with no basis for it?
Quote:
Personal attack. Typical. And it isn't any of your business where, when, or IF I attend a church.
Yes you have made a lot of personal attacks, very typical of a fundie who wants to shove his RELIGION in other people's faces.
Frankly I don't give a rip where you spend your sundays or any day for that matter all I know is you spend most your day hiding behind your computer spewing out the same nonsense day after day.
Go out and actually learn something about science and with it evolution (hint look in an actual peer reviewed book with evident and not some fairytale story like the bible) or else change your username.

I am done with these fundie idiots.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:31 PM

37 posts, read 64,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
No, I said Jesus was a carpenter. However, you might have a point just the same, since Christ was God incarnate, but that doesn't make God the Father, eternal God, a man. God came to Man in the person of Jesus Christ only. But God is not a man. God is God.
Uh NO! You said & in fact I quote you word for word on this that he (Jesus) was a carpenter's son & also a carpenter himself. So therefore you DID say God was a carpenter because was it not God who planted his seed in the virgin Mary's womb?

Quote:
So, you pick and choose what you wish to believe, even so far as the teachings of your chosen (if I may be so presumptuous) church?
Uh yeah that was just a little presumptuous! I in fact am not Catholic nor are my children Catholic. I simply chose to put them in the Catholic school in my area as I did not wish to have them in public school (for personal reasons) & my only option to get them in the paid education system that was convenient in location was to enroll them in the Catholic School. I don't pick & choose what I wish to believe in. I have at all times maintained my beliefs whether my children's (who also are not Catholic & in fact not any religion) class are leading a sermon or they have some other function at the church which requires them to attend & I attend to support them (not the teachings of the church) or whether I work for a church. As for working for a Christian group I was employed through another job I had where I took care of the Pastors of the church children & because they liked the values I possessed when dealing with children in my profession & who I was as a person (even if my faith/ belief is different to theirs) they offered myself & my best friend (who in fact is an atheist) a job & we accepted. They still to this day offer me work at seminars or invite me to attend social outings through the church, they do not however insist I follow their beliefs/ faith.

Quote:
I can see that you have good reasons to feel the way that you do. But don't blame all of Christianity, and other Christians, because of one jerk.
I don't blame all of Christianity or other Christians because of one Jerk. I associate myself with many religious & faith following people through my work, my children's school & even friends. As I believe everyone has a right to choose what they believe in. However I have encountered quite a few of these "jerks" who bash, bash, bash & try & force their beliefs down your throat , but fail to practice what they preach. They are full of contradiction & hypocrisy especially when it comes to trying to make somebody follow their beliefs or prove that they are good Christian folk.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Ah yes cause the conservatives have such valid non conforming points of view. Must believe in anti abortion... Must believe in anti gay rights...... Must believe in Pro war.... Must believe or be condemned to death & life in hell. Must accept freedom of choice & speech but only as long as it complies with every other conservatives opinions, values, beliefs, ideas & ideals.

WHATEVER!

I hope you're prepared to meet your match if you want to have a real debate & discussion with real & valid responses not just text book written quotes & practiced lines that you are given when you all gather together & try & come up with a way to convert us "evil liberals".

Old 09-07-2008, 05:59 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,703,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potstirrer View Post
Ah yes cause the conservatives have such valid non conforming points of view. Must believe in anti abortion... Must believe in anti gay rights...... Must believe in Pro war.... Must believe or be condemned to death & life in hell. Must accept freedom of choice & speech but only as long as it complies with every other conservatives opinions, values, beliefs, ideas & ideals.

WHATEVER!

I hope you're prepared to meet your match if you want to have a real debate & discussion with real & valid responses not just text book written quotes & practiced lines that you are given when you all gather together & try & come up with a way to convert us "evil liberals".
"Can we get back to bashing the liberals with wacked out republican spin" sounded like they were being facetious.

Last edited by creepsinc; 09-07-2008 at 06:33 PM..

Old 09-07-2008, 06:22 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,252,394 times
Thanks, Creepsinc for understanding it was a joke. Calm down Potstirrer.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:25 PM

Ok for nononsense guy & any other conservative who wishes to participate in this debate.

Anti abortion vs Pro Choice:

How would you feel if your wife, sister or mother was pregnant & during the late stages of that pregnancy you discovered that the child had severe mental & physical deformities & would lead a life of intense suffering & you/ they had to give up your whole life to care for this child who would be better of dead then living because of the torture that would be inflicted on him/ her throughout his/ her life which may be a year may be 10 yrs or maybe well in to adulthood?

How would you feel if your wife, sister or mother was brutally raped & beaten & left for dead yet survived this dreadful event only to discover she has fallen pregnant to this monster? Lets add on to this because I am guessing your answer would be adoption (& lets hope major counseling due to the fact she has a constant reminder in her womb growing everyday). She carries it for 9months gives birth to the monsters child & hands it over for adoption. Firstly who is to say that this child will not commit the same repulsive act when it is older because their was a medical condition that caused his father to commit that act & it is now in his child's genetic make up. Secondly when that child turns 18 & decides to track his mother or even his father down how is that child going to feel knowing their mother was a victim of rape & he/she was the outcome or discovers their father is in maximum security prison for what he did to the child's mother.

Now third outcome your wife, sister or mother has just discovered they are pregnant. The pregnancy progress & they start getting ill. They go to the Dr to discover should they carry this pregnancy to term they will not survive & there is no guarantee the child will survive either. So you need to make a choice the woman's life or the babies life that might not survive anyway? However if you decide to choose your life over the babies subsequent pregnancies have 90% success rate

I am pro choice however for myself I am anti abortion except in special circumstances such as the above. I was 16 when I fell pregnant & 17 when I had my first child. I was offered $3000 by the father of my child's family to abort the child plus pay for any schooling from there on in for myself. I had Doctor's tell me I should abort because I would be just another barefoot & knocked up young single mother with no job prospects & all the other bad names certain people have thrust upon women like myself. 7yrs later I fell pregnant again & the father of my child told me that I said I would abort if I fell pregnant (this is after we planned to fall pregnant). I said to him where in your right mind did you come to that conclusion. I refused an abortion when I was 16 what makes you think I am going to have one when I am 24?

However 1 of my friends who is from a strict Catholic family fell pregnant to her ex boyfriend who was spaced out on drugs 99% of the time was unmarried & still young & he had taken steps to ensure she got pregnant against her will. She chose to have an abortion (without her families knowledge & I found out many years later) & is now happily married with 3 beautiful children. I support her decision as it was the right choice for her.

My cousin go herself mixed up in the wrong crowd at a young age & found herself pregnant to a highly abusive boyfriend & after witnessing myself go through the process of carry & giving birth to a beautiful child who was an exceptional baby still chose to have an abortion because she felt she was not mentally capable of raising a child nor go through the pregnancy to give it up at the end. She was also from a strict catholic family & also went through the Catholic education system. Her mother took her for the abortion. They even did an ultra sound to show her her unborn baby to try & make her change her mind she still chose to abort. She is now 31 & very career orientated & is still childless. However absolutely adores her new nephew her which is the first child of her 42yr old brother.

I have many other cases like this where I know of women who have chosen to abort fr many reasons & although I don't agree with it as a self choice I support them & their decision because it is what is right for them.

I have also heard of young girls using it as a form of birth control which I think is disgusting & steps should be put in place to prevent misuse of the option however the option should still be there as a personal choice.

I would like to touch on other topics but time prevents me from doing so for now & I will leave you with that topic to debate & then I will continue with my next topic of anti gay rights to debate.

I look forward to your valid points of view. I want a real debate. Not just a because the bible says it is wrong response.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Thanks, Creepsinc for understanding it was a joke. Calm down Potstirrer.
My apologies Foreverking. It is sometimes hard to tell the conserves with a cross stuck up their ass from a liberal making a harmless joke at a conserves expense.

It actually took a few posts from creepsinc before I knew which side of the fence he was on. Then I too responded in jest.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:11 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,586,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Pro abortion but anti death penalty

Anti cigarette but support pot smoking

Hates America but refuses to leave

Hates racial profilling but loves affermative action

Michael Savage was right...liberalism is a mental disorder!
The most twisted logic is in this post.

I am a liberal and don't have beliefs anything like these.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.