Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 02:10 PM

1,845 posts, read 4,228,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumumba View Post
I do not want to persuade whoever in whatever. I'm not the US future president.
I just wanted to know what they think as it is. They might have ignored that but who would ignore it if one has been called a sheep?
But what makes different between wisdom and foolishness is their reaction on this. There are much more stupidity and stupid people in Russia than in the US. And if someone would cry loudly "F-ing Bears go home" in Russia or Russian site like this he may well end up badly.
But I sincerely believed that US people were not like we are. I've always looked up to them. And I hope I was not wrong...
Here you said "I do not want to persuade whoever in whatever."

But in the earlier post you asked " Who would tell me the way how to make them react positively on this point…"

Which is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 02:21 PM

133 posts, read 338,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Builder View Post
Here you said "I do not want to persuade whoever in whatever."

But in the earlier post you asked " Who would tell me the way how to make them react positively on this point…"

Which is it?
What makes you wonder mate?
What do you mean?

Okay, then

I do not want to persuade whoever in whatever. - that means that
I do not want to persuadewhoever in whatever.Who would tell me the way how to make them react positively on this point… - I want to know the way how to make people react

Make yourself clear

Old 08-19-2008, 02:36 PM

1,845 posts, read 4,228,551 times
Quote:
What makes you wonder mate?
What do you mean?

Okay, then

I do not want to persuade whoever in whatever. - that means that
I do not want to persuadewhoever in whatever.Who would tell me the way how to make them react positively on this point… - I want to know the way how to make people react

Make yourself clear
Persuation = make them react positively on this point…

Old 08-19-2008, 02:48 PM

Yes you are right.

But the fact that I want to know something doesn't necessarily mean that I'm going to use it, does it?

Moreover I can change my mind as a result of getting some new knowledge about the case, can't I. Look, I wouldn't keep on talking here if I knew I was wrong for example.

So what exactly you are trying to bring to me?

Old 08-19-2008, 02:54 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
[quote=lumumba;4919178]Look, I wouldn't be keep on talking here if I knew I was wrong for example. QUOTE]

Why not? We see lots of people here do exactly that.

Sometimes people feel more comfortable with a wrong decision if they can convince others to think the way they do.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:01 PM

I talked about only this thread

Anyway, thise linguistic problems aren't connected with US-Russia international tension and with my own moral problems either..

Old 08-19-2008, 03:17 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,416,361 times
Quote:
So are we...

Japan were pointing a rocket at you?

Why did they fly jetliners to your city? Because they were crazy? Yep. Something else?

Sorry, mate, but you seem to be in yours country favuor only. It makes sense of course.

America was invaded in the fist place. I think all this stems from that...
Japan attacked with many airplanes, destroyed a US military base, and started a war with the U.S. so yea, they provoked, we retaliated. Vietnam and Korea were different situations brought about with treaties that were signed. Afghanistan was knowingly harboring the person responsible for 9/11, yes it was an invasion and so was Iraq.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:30 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,416,361 times
Quote:
Yes, I agree up to the points.
But simply, than I asked about Cosovo, Japan, Irak I didn't mean to make it clear why US had gone there.
I just wanted to find out why you think your country has a right to make peace and quiet on the Earth and why others doesn't have this right?
Have you ever started thinking that maybe those Islamic countries are not so crazy? They are surely the same people as you are and we are and may well want the same things. Why not they just come to US and make some rules? Because they are weak and US strong? Is this fair?
One boy here said that US were teaching all others how to live and this was good. But, who knows maybe others do not think so. They didn't ask you to teach them, did they?
I do not know, if our politics are not able to agree how can we?
I can't accept that US armed actions all other the World are worth doing. And my feelings are not because I'm different or I live in other country.
I guess this is different inside each person, accept killing people, wars, tricky politic etc or keep on arguing and find new reasons for that or not.
my father used to have a saying, when I would tell him that something was unfair, he would say "life is unfair"

as for the Iraq issue, it is a very sore subject here in the United states. Many believe it was warranted due to the unwillingness of Saddam to follow the terms of the U.N. cease fire signed in 1991, others state that it was just an attack for oil.

I can tell you that the U.S. does not want to be the world police, but other countries are the first to cry when we do help, and the first to cry when we do not help. It truly is a damned if you do, and damned if you don't situation.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:44 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Guess who? US citizens. I really feel sorry for that. Writing all your topics about how bad Russian behavior is you prove this saddest fact.

You've been treated like obedient sheep by your government!

Open your eyes!

Right now you are divided on who doesn't encourage your government and who thinks that Russia has started the war against liberate country Georgia. Guys you really stuck in the past. You talk about USSR but modern Russia doesn’t have any in common with USSR.
Except Putin, and I'm sure there are others.
Quote:
On the other hand, Georgia, who had survived from Turkish occupation many years ago by Russia, chewing its ties and hiding from UFOs is just using you and your money for its crazy action!!!

And I've seen what is really being shown on your TVs. Photoshop and other great software are your best friends.

You don't even try to get to know what is really happening there. And I'm sure that the same is about other places where US military is 'making peace'.

The purpose of that message isn't to offense you. I'd like to say that you and your future might turn out badly. Thanks to your government you have got lots of enemies all around the world.
Wrong. This is a myth, promulgated largely by the "left" in our country, but it really isn't true. The French President, Sarkozy, recently praised the US.

Quote:
And I don't really want your great nation to and up like Georgia, because of some not as smart authorities as you deserve.

Good luck!
Thanks. We will take it under advisement.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:10 PM

Location: I am from Russian province, from Orenburg. It is in the south, bordering with Kazakhstan
30 posts, read 21,320 times
I would never call anybody sheep or herd, but you are really have been brainwashed for a long time. And it is going on and on.
How can you comment

YouTube - CNN use footage of Tskhinvali ruins to cover Georgian report
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies