Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: RUSSIA Threatens POLAND With A Military Strike. Should The United States Defend Poland Even If It M
Yes 45 51.14%
No 33 37.50%
Not Sure 10 11.36%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 10:51 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,805,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Thank God many Americans and the Polish still believe in fighting for freedom.

The Polish know what it is like to live under Russia's foot.
You are drinking so much Bushie kool-aide my friend. Get off the freedom bandwagon - America can only use that excuse to defending itself, not for invading and spreading its influence in other parts of the world. If we cared so much about freedom of other nations then we would have troops/missiles in Taiwan, Tibet, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Sudan, Pakistan/India.....the list goes on and on. It has never been about freedom or democracy, its propaganda/agenda.

Last edited by Luke29; 08-26-2008 at 11:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 10:59 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,952,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
You are drinking so much Bushie kool-aide my friend. Get off the freedom bandwagon - America can only use that excuse to defending itself, not for invading and spreading its influence in other parts of the world. If we cared so much about freedom of other nations then we would have troops/missiles in Taiwan, Tibet, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Sudan, Pakistan/India.....the list goes on and on. It has never been about freedom or democracy, its propaganda/aganda.
Freedom for Poland...yeah, that's the ticket. Those evil commie Russians (sorry, I'm caught in an 80's time warp) are out to get us

The liberal RINO neo-con spokesperson put it best:

"Military men are poor dumb animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy"

-Henry Kissinger

http://themoderatevoice.com/wordpress-engine/files/2007-october/Kool_AidMan.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-26-2008, 11:12 AM

13,584 posts, read 21,356,616 times
IN all seriousness I think we should be involved in relations with former communist Iron curtain nations but how we involve ourselves should be careful.

A rather defeated Russia didn't justify expanding the NATO pact after they were no longer the USSR.We could promote these countries just as well without drawing lines.

I am a proud American who has always been Republican leaning but learning the views of some Repubs in recent years I have to part with them on a level,I see too much ultra patriotism that is clouding judgement to think we are invincible and we under estimate rivals and that we are righteous to spread our influence wherever and use Democracy and freedom as the cloak of reason.

Some Republicans are being hypocrites quick to criticize a Democrat president for nation building yet change their tune when a Republican president engages in nation building.Same with Democrats who supported Clinton's regime that went around the world yet protest Bush.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:56 PM

862 posts, read 1,046,693 times
How would the US defend anyone against a major power like Russians?The Army and Marines are exausted,the carriers would be gone in 15 minutes against a power with
tracking sattelites,Air Force planes falling apart from over a decade of non-stop ops...Do you want to nuke from the git-go-?Europeans aren't dumb enough to see any future in getting fried-MAN some folks are just plain dumb.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:37 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,279,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Dach View Post
How would the US defend anyone against a major power like Russians?The Army and Marines are exausted,the carriers would be gone in 15 minutes against a power with
tracking sattelites,Air Force planes falling apart from over a decade of non-stop ops...Do you want to nuke from the git-go-?Europeans aren't dumb enough to see any future in getting fried-MAN some folks are just plain dumb.
Right now it would be a bad idea to get into a fight with anyone else. That said you compare our military to Russia's we'd win. I am in the military, hoorah, and we have better training, better equipment, and better soldiers, sailors, and Marines. Air Force planes falling apart? If you have seen what our aircraft go through just to take off I think this statement is wrong. Wasn't Russia the country who military was so demoralized they would sell off their weapons? Make no mistake while we are tired and could use a break, the US military is still the meanest dog on the block.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:48 PM

All I got to say is that with an anthem this powerful, it's little wonder why their economy is leaving ours in the dust. Next to Himnusz, it's probably the best anthem in the world. Star Spangled banner (without the lyrics) is probably among the top 5.

YouTube - Russian Anthem

Old 08-28-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankarol View Post
Completely agree. Nothing can be done against drunk russian soldiers:

YouTube - drunk russian soldier drives tank
Nice one. I got some knucklehead trying this though:

YouTube - Dual Weilding M249 Machine Guns

Old 08-28-2008, 10:27 PM

24,623 posts, read 19,105,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
That said you compare our military to Russia's we'd win.
No, you wouldn't.

The fact that the US defeated a couple of platoons of old toothless Cubans at Grenade, two hapless civilian defense brigades in Panama and twice beaten a poorly trained and badly led 3rd world army in Iraq is not proof of military superiority.

US surveillance satellites give the US a distinct advantage, because it always knows the location of enemy units, allowing it to act swiftly with surprise. That is an advantage that will not exist when fighting Russia. Not only will the US not have use of surveillance satellites, the US will not have use of its GPS systems either, degrading the performance of its missiles and artillery systems. And unless the US trebles the size of the army or starts the draft, it would be fighting with a numerical disadvantage.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:28 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,078,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Dach View Post
While you state that the American military is exhausted, you seem to automatically imply that it equals Russian superiority. Russia would certainly know our carrier fleet locations but what are they going to DO about it?

Old 08-29-2008, 08:34 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,078,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
No, you wouldn't.

The fact that the US defeated a couple of platoons of old toothless Cubans at Grenade, two hapless civilian defense brigades in Panama and twice beaten a poorly trained and badly led 3rd world army in Iraq is not proof of military superiority.

US surveillance satellites give the US a distinct advantage, because it always knows the location of enemy units, allowing it to act swiftly with surprise. That is an advantage that will not exist when fighting Russia. Not only will the US not have use of surveillance satellites, the US will not have use of its GPS systems either, degrading the performance of its missiles and artillery systems. And unless the US trebles the size of the army or starts the draft, it would be fighting with a numerical disadvantage.

So you undermine US victories the last two decades, okay I'll work with that. So now with that, I ask: while the US only defeated 'petty' enemies, what have the Russians done since?

Additionally, since when did superior numbers automatically mean victory?

What does Russia have in its arsenal to track F-22 or B-1s in the event a Russia-Poland conflict ever involved us?

Last edited by 66nexus; 08-29-2008 at 08:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies