Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 09:27 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
I did. In the majority of abortions, you literally cannot tell the fetus from the other tissue that comes from the procedure.
To the naked eye perhaps, especially after having been pureed.
Look at an u/s at seven, eight and nine weeks. Definately a body, albeit small.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
The Constitutional right that Roe defends is a woman's right not to be pregnant. Other people cannot come along and compel women to bear children against their wishes.

By what right does some random uninvited fetus invade and occupy the personal domain of one's uterus? By having a door to it, do I imply the right of random univited robbers and burglars to invade and occupy the personal domain of my home? Or may I use up to lethal force in defending that personal domain against such invasions and occupations?
I could understand that if a woman was raped, but when a woman consentually has sex, she gives up that right. (ex. I want to go rock climbing, but I want the right to be completely free of any negative consequence that may occur because of my free choice to go rock climing). It's a lunacy. It's against natural law.

How can you say the fetus is uninvited when you consentually had sex? Is a fetus not a natural product of sexual reproduction? Would you have the right to use lethal force against some one entering your home if you gave them a key to your house? By having sex, you are giving that fetus a key to your home.

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
most....but still...a lot of abortions are performed when the development has occured where we can see that it is a human and not a pig
Very few. In most states, abortion is illegal after the second trimester unless it's a medical emergency anyways. (As in, fetal death or mother dying because of fetus.)

Old 08-22-2008, 09:28 AM

1,459 posts, read 3,298,528 times
Quote:
And yet the "baby" cannot live on its own for the 16-20 week period. Until the fetus can live on its own, I cannot see any anti-abortion arguments that hold water.
but they have lived.....

so I guess when a guy goes out and decides to shoot his gf in the stomach because he doesn't want kids, its only one count of murder if she dies and Charles Manson shouldn't have been charged with Sharon Tates babies murders

Old 08-22-2008, 09:28 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
This paragraph clearly states that it's not simply medical records. "The clinic, WomanCare, was under investigation by police and state officials since the spring after an anti-abortion group found biomedical waste, fetal remains and medical documents in garbage receptacles outside of the facility."
Contradicted in part by the subsequent paragraph...

Her group prompted the official investigation after a monthlong search allegedly uncovered biomedical waste including blood-soaked gauze and about 300 medical documents in dumpsters outside of the Lathrup Village office and two other WomanCare facilities in Metro Detroit.

Note particularly use of the word "allegedly". Did authorities proceed on the basis of anything more than what was reported by an anti-choice group? Results of the recent official investigation appear to be limited to warrants for improper disposal of medical records. This follows notice last March for improperly mixing medical and other waste.

Charges of dumping babies in the trash have apparently not been filed.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
The Constitutional right that Roe defends is a woman's right not to be pregnant. Other people cannot come along and compel women to bear children against their wishes.

By what right does some random uninvited fetus invade and occupy the personal domain of one's uterus? By having a door to it, do I imply the right of random univited robbers and burglars to invade and occupy the personal domain of my home? Or may I use up to lethal force in defending that personal domain against such invasions and occupations?
Ah, the Rampaging Fetal Hordes theory, I see.

Look out, saganista! I see a fetus behind you! Quick, close your (or your female paramours) legs!!!

Old 08-22-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I could understand that if a woman was raped, but when a woman consentually has sex, she gives up that right. (ex. I want to go rock climbing, but I want the right to be completely free of any negative consequence that may occur because of my free choice to go rock climing). It's a lunacy. It's against natural law.

How can you say the fetus is uninvited when you consentually had sex? Is a fetus not a natural product of sexual reproduction? Would you have the right to use lethal force against some one entering your home if you gave them a key to your house? By having sex, you are giving that fetus a key to your home.
If one is using protection and still gets pregnant, you can most certainly say that the fetus is uninvited. Even so, there are some couples out there who never, ever want to have children. Search up the term "Childfree". Are they to never have sex because a child might happen? Abortion is a responsible action when one does not/cannot have the child.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:31 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Ah, the Rampaging Fetal Hordes theory, I see.

Look out, saganista! I see a fetus behind you! Quick, close your (or your female paramours) legs!!!
It's a sad state for our society when human fetuses are looked at as parasites. And if you really wanted to, you make the argument that we are all just parasites living off of the earth and what's been provided to us by God.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:32 AM

Quote:
If one is using protection and still gets pregnant, you can most certainly say that the fetus is uninvited. Even so, there are some couples out there who never, ever want to have children. Search up the term "Childfree". Are they to never have sex because a child might happen? Abortion is a responsible action when one does not/cannot have the child.
Even more responsible would be sterilization in the case of those wanting to be childfree.
For those that just want to avoid pregnancy at the time, there are a lot of different types of birth control. Not all will work all the time, but it is better then using abortion as birth control.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
but they have lived.....

so I guess when a guy goes out and decides to shoot his gf in the stomach because he doesn't want kids, its only one count of murder if she dies and Charles Manson shouldn't have been charged with Sharon Tates babies murders
They have lived as much as my skin cells have lived or the bacteria in my intestines have lived.

Those laws have strict requirements. A fetus has to be beyond a certain point of development to apply for that situation. Not to mention, those children were wanted, which does make the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies