Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 04:44 PM

19,021 posts, read 14,198,297 times

Advertisements

Remember, endowed rights exist regardless of government.
Bestowed privileges, mistakenly called rights, only exist because of government.

If you have to ask for permission from government, it's probably not an endowed right.

As to the belief that one must participate in FICA :
“The Social Security Act does not require an individual to have a Social Security Number (SSN) to live and work within the United States, nor does it require an SSN simply for the purpose of having one...”
- - - The Social Security Administration
http://home.hiwaay.net/~becraft/ScottSSNLetter.pdf

You may stand on your religious beliefs and refuse participation in FICA.

FICA was and is a vile "tax and bribe" scam. It is the foundation of "voluntary" servitude to the collective State. If you believe it is a "good thing" for government to TAKE from one to GIVE to another, you're advocating compulsory charity and slavery.
Very unAmerican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 05:00 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
Form SSA 521 is for stopping SS benefits once they have began, not for removing one from the SS system.

That, my friend, is not something the government would allow. The only people in American granted freedom from not paying into SS are priests (if they opt out), and Amish. Other than these religious annomalties, everyone is forced to pay in this "free" country. To do otherwise is a fast trip to a federal cell...

So either join the Amish, or become a priest and opt out...do it legally, if you want to avoid a prison cell...

May I add that all US citizens are national citizens but not all national citizens are US citizens.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:44 AM

335 posts, read 421,229 times
US nationals are people from American Samoa and the like. You don't get to become one just because you want to.

If you don't want to pay into SSA, I recommend you earn your income through investments.

Feel free to renounce your citizenship, though you have to be tax compliant before they'll honor it.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:26 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
LOL!

Self employed pay 15.3 percent SS/med...trust me when I say the first thing I did once I started making great money was check into how to lessen the huge SS tax. Other than religion...there are no loopholes. The only one that comes to mind, and it is less of a loophole than a way to eliminate windfalls from getting SS taxed, is to Incorporate your business and pay yourself an average salary for what you do for a living. Yet it is a red flag for audit...legal, but not worth the hassle IMO...
And the Left say that "corporations are not people?"

Quote:
Simply put, pay SS/med or go to jail...or move to another country...or start a church or new religion....or join the amish.

Easier to just pay it and pray the money is going to someone who deserves it for working, and not some lazzy arse that has played the welfare system for their entire life...
The money collected from SS taxes was supposed to be held for SS benefits, until politicians decided they could raid that "trust fund" (which never really existed) to pay for other government programs.

Quote:
I only wish SS tax was tax deductible...as those under the age of 45 will never see a dime of their money, so the loss should be a write-off...LOL...I'd take that instead of nothing!
You don't know that, and that would only exacerbate the problem.

It's ironic that SS was a "progressive" idea, yet even liberals hate it now, because they realize they are just tossing their money into a black hole, when they would be better off investing it privately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies