Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 03:30 PM

271 posts, read 934,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I'm an ordained minister of the church of liberty.

LOL!

Self employed pay 15.3 percent SS/med...trust me when I say the first thing I did once I started making great money was check into how to lessen the huge SS tax. Other than religion...there are no loopholes. The only one that comes to mind, and it is less of a loophole than a way to eliminate windfalls from getting SS taxed, is to Incorporate your business and pay yourself an average salary for what you do for a living. Yet it is a red flag for audit...legal, but not worth the hassle IMO...

Simply put, pay SS/med or go to jail...or move to another country...or start a church or new religion....or join the amish.

Easier to just pay it and pray the money is going to someone who deserves it for working, and not some lazzy arse that has played the welfare system for their entire life...

I only wish SS tax was tax deductible...as those under the age of 45 will never see a dime of their money, so the loss should be a write-off...LOL...I'd take that instead of nothing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 03:42 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,871,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
LOL!

Self employed pay 15.3 percent SS/med...trust me when I say the first thing I did once I started making great money was check into how to lessen the huge SS tax. Other than religion...there are no loopholes. The only one that comes to mind, and it is less of a loophole than a way to eliminate windfalls from getting SS taxed, is to Incorporate your business and pay yourself an average salary for what you do for a living. Yet it is a red flag for audit...legal, but not worth the hassle IMO...

Simply put, pay SS/med or go to jail...or move to another country...or start a church or new religion....or join the amish.

Easier to just pay it and pray the money is going to someone who deserves it for working, and not some lazzy arse that has played the welfare system for their entire life...

I only wish SS tax was tax deductible...as those under the age of 45 will never see a dime of their money, so the loss should be a write-off...LOL...I'd take that instead of nothing!
Nothing a good off shore banking establishment couldn't help you launder.

Old 08-22-2008, 03:49 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,948,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
I don't know. I suggest you call the State Department and the Social Security Administration.
Are you kidding? "Your call is important to us. It will be answered in the order it was reeived. Your approximate wait time is 2.984,732,907 minutes." And then, after the appropriate wait, you will be switched to somebody' whose voice mail will say "I'm sorry, I'm either away from my desk or out of the office. Please leave a message and I will return your call."

Old 08-22-2008, 03:57 PM

160 posts, read 638,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberia
Well, if TexianPatriot starts the Church of Liberty Triumphant in Eastern Texas, and I were to start the Church of Liberty Triumphant in Southern Coastal Bend Texas, then we are both ministers, are we not? After all, a church is defined not by having a building. I am definately under your heading of a "Religious Anomaly".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberia
The only one that comes to mind, and it is less of a loophole than a way to eliminate windfalls from getting SS taxed, is to Incorporate your business and pay yourself an average salary for what you do for a living. Yet it is a red flag for audit...legal, but not worth the hassle IMO...
Karl Dahlstrom's Triple Trust principal comes to my mind in that catagory. I never found out what happened with him after the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals case, though. I believe they ruled in favor of him, and then the IRS tried to take it to the Supreme Court. Did they ever hear the case? What was the outcome of it if they did?

In any event, I am not after the Dahlstrom solution to tax avoidance. I am after getting what I feel is right and fair and within context of the law. Hence changing status to a national and not a citizen. After all, I never personally signed up for Social Security, nor have I collected from Social Security, and I will never be able to collect from it. I feel the Social Security Number I am issued is against my beliefs, even though I am not a Christian.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:01 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,339,676 times
Quote:
Nothing a good off shore banking establishment couldn't help you launder.

Are you sure your not a South Florida politician?

Old 08-22-2008, 04:08 PM

160 posts, read 638,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
Are you sure your not a South Florida politician?
No, he sounds like he is more South Texan than me, even though I am further South geographically than he is.

Once more, I am curious on how to go about it legally.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:39 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,871,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingHome2TX View Post
No, he sounds like he is more South Texan than me, even though I am further South geographically than he is.

Once more, I am curious on how to go about it legally.
With enough money, the laws don't apply.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:46 PM

7,183 posts, read 4,765,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Are you kidding? "Your call is important to us. It will be answered in the order it was reeived. Your approximate wait time is 2.984,732,907 minutes." And then, after the appropriate wait, you will be switched to somebody' whose voice mail will say "I'm sorry, I'm either away from my desk or out of the office. Please leave a message and I will return your call."
I hate to tell you this, but if the OP wishes to relinquish his US citizenship and avoid paying SS taxes, he WILL have to deal with the federal government sooner or later. So he might as well start now.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:49 PM

7,183 posts, read 4,765,000 times
Quote:
With enough money, the laws don't apply.
Yes they do. You just have to have "mucho dinero" to hire an outstanding lawyer to keep all those pesky laws rolling off your back.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:29 PM

564 posts, read 892,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingHome2TX View Post
Has anyone on here changed their US Citizenship status to that of a US National?

I am curious as to what hassle it entails.

My main reasons for entertaining the concept are to opt out of supporting the programs that I believe are fundamentally flawed. Namely, the Social Security Administration.

I do understand that one must complete a SSA 521 form, but what else is required for full national status?

It is my understanding that taxes are filed using a W-8BEN instead of a W-4 form when national status is declared. Is this correct, and can anyone provide further insight on this aspect?
This guy seems to know the way, more than 1 part though. Been thinking of it myself. good luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYYiv0w9Vk0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies