Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 08:36 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
That's different than the proxy services I was referring to. There are companies that sell calling cards that allow you manually input the caller ID you want to show up. But even if those get shut down, it's trivial to do if one is competent enough to set up an asterisk system.
Cool.

Quote:
Same difference. Even if you're just eavesdropping and they don't even know you're there, they're not protecting the information they're supposed to be protecting.
The level of indirection is much greater than you're giving me credit for. Still, technically, you're right in that it's illegal. Then again, so is smoking pot and we helped each other on that one. C'mon, seriously, it's not that unheard of to have a network "in the know".

Quote:
Again, these clearances aren't given out lightly. It doesn't matter if they don't like the job - as long as they sign the NDA, the information they're provided access to is not to be revealed to another party. Depending on the NDA, they may not even be permitted to disclose that they're doing work for the agency.
You're right, they're not given out lightly. However, mistakes are made. I've had secret and top secret before, but if the gubmint knew about my uncle...let's just say the top secret might have been jeopardized. You have WAY too much faith in the government dotting their i's and crossing their t's. They're also not applying for field work in MI5 or CIA.

Quote:
I know one very well, and I've met a few others (same circle of friends). My friend has a Master's from MIT, one from USC and a PhD from UC Berkeley, and is quite a math geek. His current day job is writing compression algorithms for an ISP, and he does contract work on the side for one of the big investment firms.

We've had discussions about positions that require clearances, and I've drilled him pretty good on it - there were a couple of 'help wanted' ads that I was considering applying for at the time. The jobs he's had (that I know of) that required security clearances were in aerospace, but I don't know what company he was working for or exactly what he was doing for them - all I know is that while he was working for them, he was a true "rocket scientist".
Very good. I won't talk too much about my credentials, but they deal mostly in artificial intelligence, with a specialization in natural language and data mining areas. My network is very tight and we have common research interests, plus two of these guys were really good friends in my undergraduate years and they had enough sense NOT to have me on their "interview list", and apparently the omnipotent powers that be missed our link. 'Nuff said.
Quote:
Anyhow, I know that he took his clearance and his job very seriously, and I have no reason to suspect that anyone else in the same position wouldn't do the same. If one passes all the background checks, including the psych evaluations, then it's just not likely that they're going to let anything be leaked.
You have one or a couple of examples. I have 5, and you're right to a point. 2 are in defense and won't say a word, but the other 3 are much closer, although it's really 2 that I find "interesting".

Quote:
What steps would those be?
Yeah right.

But I was pleasantly surprised that they are using an algorithm for NLU/spoken dialgoue in their analytics work I published some time ago, although my algorithm was a derviative of yet another piece of work.

Don't worry about it though. I'm a patriot and just prefer to stay "one step ahead". The information I come by isn't a threat to anyone, it just provides me a little more peace of mind.

I'm probably saying too much and I'll just shut up now. You didn't hear anything .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 08:41 PM

31 posts, read 55,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Yeah, it will be even funnier when one of those ghetto trash *****z gets gunned down by one of his "homiez" in da hood over a gang thang!
Nah their more like to be shot by cracker bastard cops trying to oppress them of their freedoms

Old 08-24-2008, 09:02 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,324,912 times
Here's a video of the song. East Coast Avengers- Kill Bill O'Reilly

Old 08-24-2008, 09:06 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,514,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyofAgesGone View Post
Nah their more like to be shot by cracker bastard cops trying to oppress them of their freedoms
Yeah, their freedoms of gangbanging, selling drugs and raping white girls! To the cops that shoot those kinds of people, HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-24-2008, 09:13 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,606,184 times
Though no one advocates for O'Reilly's death, it isn't surprising that the song was made. Many black folks [and white folks for that matter] consider O'Reilly a dangerous fanatic who epitomizes what Republicans have done to our nation under the leadership[?] of Bush.

So goes Bush, so goes O Reilly & all the other hate-heads despised by the rest of America & the world.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:37 PM

564 posts, read 892,319 times
A couple of guys at work listen to this___ early in the morning in the parking lot at work. I've never heard one line from this music that I could call "spirited", it is filled with hate, violence, drugs, alcohol, rape and on and on. It is worthless garbage that is detrimental to a fragile mind, meaning it is not helping the listener one bit. Actually it is more destructive and might even cause the listener to "miss out" because no where in this junk does it promote any rational thinking of dealing with most of society. Just a very limited sick view of the world that most of society abhors. If I had kids in no way would this rap crap be tolerated. To each his own, just not in my house.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:08 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Though no one advocates for O'Reilly's death, it isn't surprising that the song was made. Many black folks [and white folks for that matter] consider O'Reilly a dangerous fanatic who epitomizes what Republicans have done to our nation under the leadership[?] of Bush.

So goes Bush, so goes O Reilly & all the other hate-heads despised by the rest of America & the world.
A "fanatic" on what side? Some of his views and beliefs are on the conservative side and some are on the liberal side.

Considering that O'Reilly's TV show has been the #1 cable new show for the last 7 years, I doubt that the "rest of America" despise him.
On the contrary, I along with millions of Americans, praise O'Reilly for pushing to get Jessica's law passed in many states and for revealing when money donated to the Red Cross after 9/11 was not going where is was supposed to.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:00 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,898,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
A "fanatic" on what side? Some of his views and beliefs are on the conservative side and some are on the liberal side.

Considering that O'Reilly's TV show has been the #1 cable new show for the last 7 years, I doubt that the "rest of America" despise him.
On the contrary, I along with millions of Americans, praise O'Reilly for pushing to get Jessica's law passed in many states and for revealing when money donated to the Red Cross after 9/11 was not going where is was supposed to.
And since the rap genre has out sold any other for many years, I guess no one looks down on it, or disagrees with it too

And you are right to good that rap has done out weighs the bad too. Just like O'Reilly. They both just got a bum rap (no pun intended).

Old 08-25-2008, 12:02 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
And since the rap genre has out sold any other for many years, I guess no one looks down on it, or disagrees with it too

And you are right to good that rap has done out weighs the bad too. Just like O'Reilly. They both just got a bum rap (no pun intended).
Can't really make a comparison like that. Besides I was challenging the claim happ made ("O'Reilly despised by the rest of America and the world").

Are you sure rap is outselling other types of music?

Old 08-25-2008, 01:22 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,606,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Can't really make a comparison like that. Besides I was challenging the claim happ made ("O'Reilly despised by the rest of America and the world").

Are you sure rap is outselling other types of music?
OK, so maybe O'Reilly isn't despised by some Americans & yes I agree he has some fairly sane points on rare occasions. But Reilly's personality is nothing more than bravado. He has foxy woman on only to worship him & loses his temper as soon as Hilary's name is mentioned. There's a great video of O'Reilly totally spasming out w/ profanity beeped out a hundred times [I never laughed so hard Once O'Reilly was debating Al Franken at UCLA & got so pissed off that he started calling Franken names while the audience roared in laughter [which made O'Reilly more mad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies