Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 01:29 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,587,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
I think people can have neighborhoods with a sense of community without everyone having the same color skin.

There are a lot of things that have isolated people in the past few decades. TV. Central air. Cars. (I'm not kidding.) I think that people CAN find other things in common besides race and culture. I've seen it happen. I see it happen all the time.
Like the current Presidential campaigns, it's all about race and ethnicity. Like it or not, people live and die by the color of their skin, language and place of origin. I was in the moving business for over 25 years and was a long haul (over-the-road) owner-operator for 12 of those years, I saw the segmenting of neighborhoods, patches, developments etc., by race, color, language, origins and money from coast-to-coast and border-to-border. There are over 300 million persons in the US and the population in fractionated along many lines, this was not the situation up until the mid-point of the 20th century, diversity and dilution has produced a sharply divided "us against them" mentality in the US which will lead to the eventual destruction of the republic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
Woooooooooooo, did you seriously just say...about race....wooooo
You betcha I did and more persons need to pay attention to the "diversification" of America and the destructive effects it will have on ALL races and ethnicities, now and into the future. Fortunately, at 61 years of age, I won't be around for the real "throw downs" of the coming decades, but my children and grandchildren will be present for the breakup of the greatest country on the face of the Earth! "From dust thou art, and to dust thou shalt return"!

Old 08-25-2008, 01:41 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
Like the current Presidential campaigns, it's all about race and ethnicity. Like it or not, people live and die by the color of their skin, language and place of origin. I was in the moving business for over 25 years and was a long haul (over-the-road) owner-operator for 12 of those years, I saw the segmenting of neighborhoods, patches, developments etc., by race, color, language, origins and money from coast-to-coast and border-to-border. There are over 300 million persons in the US and the population in fractionated along many lines, this was not the situation up until the mid-point of the 20th century, diversity and dilution has produced a sharply divided "us against them" mentality in the US which will lead to the eventual destruction of the republic.
I disagree. Furthermore, I think the cries of "realists" like yourself perpetuate the pattern. I've seen people cross ethnic and racial boundaries and have it work just fine. It's not impossible.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:42 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
There are a lot of things that have isolated people in the past few decades. TV. Central air. Cars. (I'm not kidding.)
Stands up to scrutiny better than the "mongrelization" theory, especially seeing as the share of the population comprised by immigrants is just about the same today as it was 100 years ago.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:58 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Stands up to scrutiny better than the "mongrelization" theory, especially seeing as the share of the population comprised by immigrants is just about the same today as it was 100 years ago.
Immigrants today are far more disrespectful, demanding and violent than they were 100 years ago, we didn't have all these lax laws and compassion for these migrating people as we do now. Not too mention immigration was much more beneficial to the US economy back then compared to now, industries got up and running because of those individuals, now immigrants simply are replacing people, not starting up new companies.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:51 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Immigrants today are far more disrespectful, demanding and violent than they were 100 years ago, we didn't have all these lax laws and compassion for these migrating people as we do now. Not too mention immigration was much more beneficial to the US economy back then compared to now, industries got up and running because of those individuals, now immigrants simply are replacing people, not starting up new companies.
Ever hear of the Jewish, Italian, and Irish street gangs of the turn of the century? Ever hear about all the Italian anarchist groups that assassinated politicians and planted bombs in public places? Ever hear of all the old world conflicts being brought over to America?

I think you might be ignorant of history.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:01 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
Thanks! Frank_Carbonni seems to have taken issue with my post, imagine that! What really befuddles me is what does Janet Jackson's nipple have to do with a woman being murdered in NYC? Oh I know, Frank was just ranting and needed something really obtuse to end his rant! Good one Frank, the nipple thing was really a rant kicker!
My mock rant made about as much sense as your actual rant.

What does "mongralization" or whatever term you are using to say that you don't like people of different races having kids have to do with a woman getting stabbed in New York? I'm serious. Does it have anything to do with it or whenever you are not on Stormfront, you like to bring it up whenever possible?

Old 08-26-2008, 11:30 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Ever hear of the Jewish, Italian, and Irish street gangs of the turn of the century? Ever hear about all the Italian anarchist groups that assassinated politicians and planted bombs in public places? Ever hear of all the old world conflicts being brought over to America?

Ha! I will take organized crime over thug violence any day buddy!

I think you might be ignorant of present ghetto life.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
My mock rant made about as much sense as your actual rant.

What does "mongralization" or whatever term you are using to say that you don't like people of different races having kids have to do with a woman getting stabbed in New York? I'm serious. Does it have anything to do with it or whenever you are not on Stormfront, you like to bring it up whenever possible?
Any comment would authenticate your fractionated post.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:58 AM

Quote:

Some of my relatives were "made men" in the Scarfo Crime Family in Philadelphia, PA and Scranton/Pittston, PA (Buffalino Crime Family) during the 50's, 60's and early 70's. I remember when I was about 10 years old meeting Russel Buffalino, the "capo" of the Northeast crime family, he gave me $20 and told me to "keep my nose clean"! That was over 50 years ago, and I remember that incident like it happened today! Mr. Buffalino and the three "guardie del corpo" all wore dark suits and were heavily armed. It was a once in a lifetime experience, especially for a 10 year old kid!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies