Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 06:53 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,433,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Q: What do Todd Palin, Pat Robertson, Ronald Reagan and Jesse Jackson, Sr. all have in common?

A: They all had their first child born less than 8 months after they were married. You can look it up.

In the fifties and sixties many of the brides went to the altar with a bun in the oven. Sixties brought changes in abortion attitudes | CJOnline.com
Courtship, Sex, and the Single Colonist : The Colonial Williamsburg Official History & Citizenship Site

Can we get to the political issues now?
wrong, Reagan's first child was born almost 1 year to the day after his marriage to Jayne Wyman. look it up! yes, Pat Robinson made this public knowledge years ago, people make mistakes and still believe in family values. No one is clueless enough not to know people do get pregnant out of wedlock and have since the biblical times.

Last edited by nmnita; 08-25-2014 at 07:04 PM..

Old 08-26-2014, 08:33 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,828,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
wrong, Reagan's first child was born almost 1 year to the day after his marriage to Jayne Wyman. look it up! yes, Pat Robinson made this public knowledge years ago, people make mistakes and still believe in family values. No one is clueless enough not to know people do get pregnant out of wedlock and have since the biblical times.
Yes. Happens all the time.

But those that married did the right thing, so the child was born to parents who were married to each other at the time of the birth. There are other options besides marriage, such as giving the child up to a married couple.

That's not anything like the 70% out-of-wedlock birth rate that some groups in the US today have.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,992,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
Not Republicans! How dare you impugn their good reputation and family values. They never have sex until they are married nor do they lie, commit adultery, have divorces, steal, murder, have impure thoughts, etc. If only the world were all Republican, there would be no sinners.
If marrying someone you just got pregnant, and raising the child together isnt a definition of family values, then I'm curious what you think would.

Old 08-26-2014, 02:28 PM

29,458 posts, read 16,443,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If marrying someone you just got pregnant, and raising the child together isnt a definition of family values, then I'm curious what you think would.
To a lot of people, the phrase is interchangeable with Christian values because to many they go hand and hand.

So to many, if you are not going by Christian values, then you arent going by family values ( pregnant/having sex before marriage.).

Old 08-26-2014, 05:36 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,389,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
Where are the Palin supporters?

no counter?
You want a counter, sure.

I was born in a German army hospital in 1964, TEN WEEKS EARLY!!, was under 4 pounds, and almost did not make it, so the fact that you assumed that a 8 month carry time automatically indicated pre marital sex. I find very offensive.

Maybe there are some remedial 6th grade biology lessons available in your area. I know when I was in school they taught that 1st borns were likely to be early.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:10 PM

29,198 posts, read 22,263,933 times
I"m a liberal, and I don't care a hoot what Sarah Palin's private life is. Not one bit.

FFFFT. Out of wedlock births are so common these days, I doubt very many people of any political persuasion care about her private life either.

It's time the OP moved into the 21st century and joined the rest of us.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Yes. Happens all the time.

But those that married did the right thing, so the child was born to parents who were married to each other at the time of the birth. There are other options besides marriage, such as giving the child up to a married couple.

That's not anything like the 70% out-of-wedlock birth rate that some groups in the US today have.
you wouldn't get an argument out of me on that. Actually the trend toward single moms started about the time the pill became a household word. We have 2 adopted children: one we adopted in 1963 and the other in 1964. By the 70s it became much harder to adopt. We had the pill, abortion and single moms. our foster daughter is one that was not put up for adoption, but raised for a short period of time by her mother and grandmother. I think her life would have been much better had she been adopted. The positive part of her story, we love her, she loves us and we learned so much from her love. The unfortunately part, many of her childhood, teen and young adult years were anything but happy. Let me add, I don't think all single mothers are not capable of raising their children, just many of them.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
To a lot of people, the phrase is interchangeable with Christian values because to many they go hand and hand.

So to many, if you are not going by Christian values, then you arent going by family values ( pregnant/having sex before marriage.).
man is that a naive idea. Christian values in fantasy land would still like to lump Christian life with virginity until marriage; in the real world most Christians as well as non Christians except for Muslims do not expect this to be the case.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:31 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,828,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you wouldn't get an argument out of me on that. Actually the trend toward single moms started about the time the pill became a household word. We have 2 adopted children: one we adopted in 1963 and the other in 1964. By the 70s it became much harder to adopt. We had the pill, abortion and single moms. our foster daughter is one that was not put up for adoption, but raised for a short period of time by her mother and grandmother. I think her life would have been much better had she been adopted. The positive part of her story, we love her, she loves us and we learned so much from her love. The unfortunately part, many of her childhood, teen and young adult years were anything but happy. Let me add, I don't think all single mothers are not capable of raising their children, just many of them.
Single mothers have it really tough, and I wouldn't have ever wanted to have been in their shoes.

It's great that you were able to adopt--and it's too bad that it's so much harder today to do so. Single unmarried mothers who keep their child face all sorts of things that a married couple don't.

We have "The Great Society" to thank for much of this.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:02 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,992,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

Ok so even if she had sex before marriage, this means what? That left wing kooks think somehow this opens them up to judge and claim superiority while then defending things like abortion and justifying massive amounts of a welfare state?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.