Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 11:29 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,156,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC
Probably a group of liberals.
Haha! Probably. People need to lighten the hell up, its getting ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 01:01 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
I bet the retards came up with the protest idea and organized it all by themselves, after sitting through the movie. They're so thin-skinned. How come all the a$$holes don't organize a protest if somebody in a movie script calls somebody an a$$hole? Because they're too busy posting on this board?

Old 09-02-2008, 09:05 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC
Probably a group of liberals.
so it begins.....

Old 09-02-2008, 09:19 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
so it begins.....

Don't worry, the Paullys have posted exactly this same comment on every thread that has ever been started here, and will ad nauseam continue to do so forever. Iginore them, as if they would go away, even though they will not. They have used the miracle of technology to preprogram their computer to automatically spam every message board in the world with exactly the same message. The Paullys are bots, and there is nothing available except workarounds. Luckily, they limit themselves to "It's the Liberals", which doesn't waste enugh bandwidth to slow down your download speed.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:21 AM

7 posts, read 15,715 times
Default Tropic Thunder

You have to admit the movies great..

Old 09-02-2008, 09:36 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,262,001 times
i saw the movie last night. it SUCKED! i expected alot better from Ben Stiller. the movie should have been called "War Movie."

Old 09-02-2008, 12:02 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,409,159 times
1. I've never seen more "retard" references than in "There's Something About Mary" which was...HILARIOUS!

2. My next most favorite movie was "See No Evil, Hear No Evil" with Gene Wilder and...was it Richard Pryor?

See, now, my uncle is blind, and hence, don't you think blind people should protest that movie? (The rest of you, enjoy--it's a good one!)

The fact is, nobody's perfect. We all get made fun of. We have to either take our lumps or stand up and defend ourselves on a daily basis.

Having activist groups speaking for certain "types of people" is counterproductive and does nothing but feed the victim mentality.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:20 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,663,530 times
using the word retarded in a defamatory way is the same as using the word gay in a defamatory way. its unacceptable and should not be glorified in a movie. how many more kids will go on thinking it is ok to call people retarded.
reatrded just like those funny lil down syndrome kids. ha ha, retarded.

having special needs family i hate that people always use the word retarded to insult. its not nice. as bad as using gay to insult.

i think it shows a lack of intelligence when someone cant think of another word to show disdain for something.

"o thats retarded!"
"o thats gay"
"o thats n/qqerish !"

either way i wouldnt go PAY to see this movie. comedies arent what they used to be. the whole black face thing has me a lil uneasy as well.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:24 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
[quote=the one;5095659]using the word retarded in a defamatory way is the same as using the word gay in a defamatory way. its unacceptable and should not be glorified in a movie. how many more kids will go on thinking it is ok to call people retarded.

having special needs family i hate that people always use the word retarded to insult. its not nice. as bad as using gay to insult.

i think it shows a lack of intelligence when someone cant think of another word to show disdain for something.

"o thats retarded!"
"o thats gay"
"o thats n/qqerish !"

I agree with you 100%. I'm not paying $ to see that hollywood trash either.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:40 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,848,785 times
comedies aren't what they used to be? you're right. I recommend that you go get a politically correct classic like blazing saddles. that one is sure to put a smile on your face. simple fact is, WHO CARES. retarded people can picket, I have no problems. they can protest, but in the end, the movie is going to make a lot of money because people are fed up with the overly PC bullcrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
using the word retarded in a defamatory way is the same as using the word gay in a defamatory way. its unacceptable and should not be glorified in a movie. how many more kids will go on thinking it is ok to call people retarded.

"o thats retarded!"
"o thats gay"
"o thats n/qqerish !"

either way i wouldnt go PAY to see this movie. comedies arent what they used to be. the whole black face thing has me a lil uneasy as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies