Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 01:22 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times

Advertisements

This is kind of funny in a tragic way. Palin gets picked to be VP candidate and the increased scrutiny could now ruin her.

Be careful what you wish for, I guess.

Glad I am not running for office. Can't imagine what they would dig up from my Navy days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 01:32 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
And her drop is NOT due to the scandal, but because some Alaskans felt that she is just abandoning them and their needs.
Imagine that.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:37 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,289,450 times
I remember another politician who had a 90% approval rating at one point.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:45 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
The dems got Congress and look what happened...TRAINWRECK! They have not done ANYTHING.
So how EXACTLY did not doing anything cause the current trainwreck?

And what makes you think we were not already on a trainwreck course from the previous Congress and current Administration?

Don't give a flip answer, it's a serious question. What EXACTLY did Congress do that led to the current mess we're in? Just so you know, I agree that they've not done anything - though I'm of the opinion that blame is shared because the numbers in Congress are so close as to render it ineffective for EITHER PARTY. I can't remotely see however how that situation is responsible for issues that have been festering and developing for years.

So, again, how EXACTLY did doing nothing cause the current mess?
What would the Republicans have done?
What did they TRY to do that would have made things go differently?

These are serious questions, and they deserve serious answers.

Ken

Old 10-02-2008, 04:56 AM

2 posts, read 4,531 times
Default Wake Up My Fellow Americans

Nancy Pelosi, george bush, Tom Delay, Jefferson from Louisiana, Larry Craig, Mark Foley, and on and on.

We have the Govt we deserve folks. Dems and Reps - we have all lost sight of what this is about. Stop being cheerleaders for your TEAM for God's sake - this is serious!!!!

Look at what's happening around you!!!!

The Southeasterners have no gasoline!!! The Republicans are failing them.

Galveston/Houston, etc are begging for help and receiving none. The Republicans are failing them.

The Banking Committe, Chiared by a Dem that includes Reps as well, is failing all of us.

New Orleans is still on its knees from Katrina in 2005!!! The Dems are failing them.

Read up on the Great Depression. The only element that makes today's economy different from TGD is the unemployment rate - 25% then - 6% and climbing now. And if our elected officials dont get it right, we'll have the same within 24 months.

Not a single elected official, not one, Dem or Rep, articulated the credit problem to us. Most of them dont understand it themselves.

This is not acceptable to me and I hope it's not to you!

We have to demand more from these people or our future is grim at best.

-The US economy is in peril
-Our Energy Policy is strangling us
-We have lost our ability to recover from disasters
-We are losing our ability to influence the rest of the world
-We are losing our position of strength and leadership globally

So, which party is blowing it??? Neither!!! We are. We expect nothing, we dont hold the politicians accountable, we dont pay attention, we dont monitor them...it's us...the American People who are to blame because we allow it to be acceptable. We cheer for one team or the other.

Folks, get serious!

There are some good politicians out there - people who really care about their country. We need to hold them up, stay close to them and keep corruption away, and expect more from them.

Please do your part.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:29 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,142 times
Its funny how the McCain people keep lying and saying she has 80% approval rating even though its fallen to the 60s.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:42 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Other then one Blog stating the 67% I have not been able to corroborate it.
It's out there now. Couple of sources and polls verify.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:09 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
This is kind of funny in a tragic way. Palin gets picked to be VP candidate and the increased scrutiny could now ruin her.

Yes indeed - depending on how she does tonight, her political future COULD be toast.

If she performs well however....

Ken

Old 10-02-2008, 08:01 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,261,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post

Glad I am not running for office. Can't imagine what they would dig up from my Navy days.
If ONLY this stuff was from her youth! It is all too current.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,060 times
This "abuse of power scandal" is crap. Public Safetey Commissioner Walt Monegan was let go for insubordination over budget issues. Palin gave him the choice to move jobs and he flat out walked. Even if she had fired him, that's her prerogative as governor. Bill Clinton fired all 93 US Attorneys appointed by Reagan or Bush Sr. Where was the crowing over that "abuse of power?" Mike Wooten, the trooper in question (and direct subordinate of Monegan) used a taser on his 11 year old stepson, drank beer in his patrol car and threatened the life of Palin's dad. Anyone with an iota of common sense can see he needed to be out of that job. Incidentally, let's not forget Palin was ultimately cleared of any wrongdoing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies