Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 05:20 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times

Advertisements

FOXNews.com - Prince Harry Desperate to Return to Front Line in Afghanistan - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

"A Blues and Royals source said Thursday night: “Harry has made no secret of the fact he wants to be there when the regiment returns to the front line next year."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 08:26 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,338,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
FOXNews.com - Prince Harry Desperate to Return to Front Line in Afghanistan - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

"A Blues and Royals source said Thursday night: “Harry has made no secret of the fact he wants to be there when the regiment returns to the front line next year."
------------

Prince Harry should be next in line for the Crown to bad it's his father. Wish the Queen would break with protocol and Crown Harry .

Old 08-31-2008, 08:41 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,459,731 times
At least the guy isn't a coward. Got to respect him for his service.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:48 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
That's what most would think right?

Old 09-01-2008, 08:36 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,078,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
------------

Prince Harry should be next in line for the Crown to bad it's his father. Wish the Queen would break with protocol and Crown Harry .
HIs older brother might object too!

Old 09-01-2008, 10:02 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Luison, do you really want war mongers as leaders in all countries? Isn't the fact that the US has one enough?

Oh well, what another country does is really none of the business of the US. Look to what we did by interfering in Iraq if you want an example.

Do you really think Harry is going to be put in harms way?

Old 09-01-2008, 10:12 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Luison, do you really want war mongers as leaders in all countries? Isn't the fact that the US has one enough?

Oh well, what another country does is really none of the business of the US. Look to what we did by interfering in Iraq if you want an example.

I'll be damned it has happened! You have taken the words right out of my mouth chielgirl! Do you really think he will be put in harms way? Hell no!! I admire the boy for wanting to serve his country, but he also knows as well as we do that he will never see any real action. In his heart he may actually want to fight, but royal blood is like an invisible shield that guards you from all but natural events. I remember footage a while back when one of the boys(can't remember which but I think it was Harry) was serving in Iraq/Afghanistan. They showed him walking the streets like he was on patrol. But I have read several accounts afterward that suggest those streets were so thoroughly gone over by soldiers before the footage was shot that the only danger to him would have been like a sea to air missle. There was no danger at all to him when that footage was shot. Its just good PR and I thank you for pointing that out.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:30 PM

715 posts, read 2,086,576 times
Just wanting some media coverage is al i see

Old 09-01-2008, 01:55 PM

109 posts, read 388,095 times
Quote:
Factually incorrect. If Prince Henry were crowned King, He would be the British Head of State and Head of the Armed Forces, however, the decision to go to war in practice would lie with His government. Likewise, in other countries such as Canada and Australia where He would be Head of State there too, war is strictly a decision made by the elected ruling party.

Besides, Henry has done nothing to warrant being termed a 'war monger' or be referenced as such in any way. By making that decision he is enforcing his entitlements as a member of the British Armed Forces and as a human being with His own choices to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I'll be damned it has happened! You have taken the words right out of my mouth chielgirl! Do you really think he will be put in harms way? Hell no!! I admire the boy for wanting to serve his country, but he also knows as well as we do that he will never see any real action. In his heart he may actually want to fight, but royal blood is like an invisible shield that guards you from all but natural events. I remember footage a while back when one of the boys(can't remember which but I think it was Harry) was serving in Iraq/Afghanistan. They showed him walking the streets like he was on patrol. But I have read several accounts afterward that suggest those streets were so thoroughly gone over by soldiers before the footage was shot that the only danger to him would have been like a sea to air missle. There was no danger at all to him when that footage was shot. Its just good PR and I thank you for pointing that out.
I think this a tragic case of excess waffle. You speak of PR, yet you fail to give any reasons to support why the Palace would need to engineer any. Prince Henry is already handsome and wealthy and a member of the most exclusive and prosperous Western Royal Family in the world. In this day and age of 'celebrity focus,' do you really mean to suggest that He or His family are attempting to garner any more attention or need to? Your first sentence is very definite but the 'evidence' that follows after relies on idle inferences and spurious claims that cannot be supported except by the fictions in other people's minds.

Be it your aim or not this is in fact slander. There is nothing at all to suggest that His concerns and request are anything but legitimate. Did you consider, for example, that He choses to act within the constraints of His inherited position to the best of His ability yet to continue to push the boundaries to exact a level of autonomy He has a right to by virtue of his membership of the Armed Forces and as a human being?

I think many people are too swift to judge these things and ascribe to them a deceitful character. These are not politicians in role or by choice, but honest people. Neither Prince Henry nor Prince William have ever sought the attention of the media except in their role as representatives of this nation and I think you do them all a great disservice by spreading such scurrilous and unsubstantiated rumours.

By all accounts the Armed Forces is an occupation that seems to suit his character and fulfil him as a person. You would deny him that by branding it a PR excersise? I fail to see the benefits of any such campaign.

Last edited by A Blue Window; 09-01-2008 at 02:28 PM..

Old 09-01-2008, 03:30 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,338,840 times
Quote:

Harry was there before did one tour before the media found out.
From what I understand his platoon was in the area that UK patrol's and did not receive any special consideration.

He is no war monger .

He has never shown the slightest inclination of a war monger . His country is there and he serves again unheard of and I respect him for it.

A person who serves doesn't mean your a war monger it mean's your not a hypocrite like Rush Limbaugh who IS A WAR MONGER .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies