Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 02:22 PM
PPG

509 posts, read 1,423,342 times

Advertisements

Yet another thread displaying the massive ignorance of whites.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:40 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
According to Wikipedia, in the 2000 census 69% of the people in the USA were white (if you exclude Hispanics) -- and that number is shrinking every year.
I think the point he is trying to make is that it is overdone, and it is. There is far too much "rainbow casting" on television. It's completely unrealistic now. There's even a black guy on "Men in trees" which is in ALASKA!! Quite possibly one of the lowest black populations in the world.

That's not bigotted (although we've seen plenty of that through this thread), that's an observation.

As for the white population shrinking.... We're being outnumbered by immigrants, and minority breeding. White people continually go through life without having children, or only one child, while blacks and hispanics have a much higher average. We're going to be the minority within 150 years. It's a mathematical certainty. The question that remains is will they treat us as nice as we are treating them?

-TT

Old 02-03-2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsgangtasandhustlas View Post

lol, and your username does what? Enhances the image of the black community? lmao.

I don't mean to personally attack you with that comment, but you're not going to change the minds of bigots by embracing exactly what they hate.

-TT

Old 02-03-2007, 02:52 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Exactly! You get it... we all say the same thing when we see the carefully placed rainbow in a commerical. How about the peanut butter commercial with the little black girl and little white girl having a sleep over (yeah, right..). Or how about the truck commercial where they stop to eat and the black guy is with a group of white guys. That's a likely scene... there are so many like that it's sickening. I've never watched Grey's Anatomy, but I do see that happen in other shows and it drives me nuts!
Are you suggesting that black & white people don't hang out?! My best childhood friend was black, so we had TONS of "mixed-race" sleepovers... it really sad you have such a narrow view of the world.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
I think the point he is trying to make is that it is overdone, and it is. There is far too much "rainbow casting" on television. It's completely unrealistic now. There's even a black guy on "Men in trees" which is in ALASKA!! Quite possibly one of the lowest black populations in the world.

That's not bigotted (although we've seen plenty of that through this thread), that's an observation.

As for the white population shrinking.... We're being outnumbered by immigrants, and minority breeding. White people continually go through life without having children, or only one child, while blacks and hispanics have a much higher average. We're going to be the minority within 150 years. It's a mathematical certainty. The question that remains is will they treat us as nice as we are treating them?

-TT
LOL... yeah, we've been wonderful to the minority community. Anyway, who cares if white people become outnumbered? Who died and made us the "chosen people of the world?"

Old 02-03-2007, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsgangtasandhustlas View Post
Luckily, they aren't representative of the entire white community... I for one am ashamed at the behavior from some people here.

Old 02-03-2007, 03:06 PM

184 posts, read 902,021 times
Thumbs down affirmative action is for wimps

No Thanks... I don't want any kind of affirmative action... where do you stop? imagine having a few of our polynesian friends jumping about under the rim. (Not to say that there can't be Hawaiian or Samoan who aces basketball). I have no problem with no whites in basketball...

as long as we pay attention to race like that, there will always be some form of segragation...

sure I would love to see more of the agility of my fellow african-american citizens applied in ice hockey, for example, but that's just not how things should work (putting a few minorities just to have representation).

If you good at any sport to play it top level, you deserve your place and your salary. How p.o'd would you be sitting on the bench of a lower league team, because some white guy had to take your job up top to make up some numbers?

Old 02-03-2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I take it that you don't have any friends who are a different race than you and you don't work with anyone a different race. Commercials show those things because they ARE representative of real life -- maybe just not YOUR real life.
Exactly!! Let's see.... my friends consist of a Mexican/Scottish, Irish/Jewish, Jewish/English, Black, Mexican/Native-American, a few Chinese, Spanish/Aztec, and Anglo mutts. So if we all get together for dinner, it would look like a beautiful rainbow! (speaking of which, the Black friend is also gay - LOL). In the real world, many people do "mix" with people of other races... and thank goodness for that.

Old 02-03-2007, 03:37 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Okay.... so should we put a bunch of short, non-talented white guys in the NBA? Fine with me, but I'm sure a lot of fans would be ticked off!!
Yeah, that's the ticket... Danny DiVito in the NBA... I'd go see that... he'd weave and bob way down low... go right UNDER those towering tall guys. Call it the Irkle League

s/Mike

Old 02-03-2007, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Exactly!! Let's see.... my friends consist of a Mexican/Scottish, Irish/Jewish, Jewish/English, Black, Mexican/Native-American, a few Chinese, Spanish/Aztec, and Anglo mutts. So if we all get together for dinner, it would look like a beautiful rainbow! (speaking of which, the Black friend is also gay - LOL). In the real world, many people do "mix" with people of other races... and thank goodness for that.
Yeah, but does that represent the entire country? No, it doesn't. The POINT was, there is too much "load balancing" of the races on TV and in movies. It's out of control. They are GROSSLY overcompensating. Sure I associate with plenty of different races, but I also know that is NOT the norm for most Americans. I guess what I am trying to say is it would be nice to watch a television show these days that didn't have a hidden agenda. It's annoying, and when I sense it I refuse to watch the show. The same way I would refuse to watch the Robert Townsend show if they started adding token white people that didn't add to the story. It's silly, and a poor attempt to manipulate the viewing public.

...and I'm glad you built up so many points on the libby-meter. Maybe you'll get a free set of steak knives if you befriend an Eskimo, lol. I myself don't seek out minorities to be friends with. We don't consider them a status symbol like you may in your neck of the woods. I just associate with people naturally. Their color or their race is not a factor that influences my decision to say "hello".

-TT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies