Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 12:59 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,454,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
Those are fake churches.
You mean like these>>>>>>>
http://www.*****ty.com/gay-marriage-...ches-20090127/ .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 12:59 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,585,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
Those are fake churches.
So only your type of religion is valid? Who are you to decide which churches and religions matter?

Old 02-10-2011, 03:59 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,327,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
I've had lots of gay friends, worked with gay people and fully appreciate their life cultures.

Understand, I haven't voted for a major party candidate since Gerald Ford and am socially fully liberal.

As far as I'm concerned if they want to share legal statutes they should get a 'civil union'. If they want marraige they should get a pope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
Why a Pope?
What "life cultures"?

Old 02-10-2011, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
There is also the financial angle. Legal marriage means spousal benefits for insurance, SS spousal benefits, survivor benefits and so on. Two guys or gals who aren't even gay could do that just to game the system for benefits. Big can of worms.
A guy and a gal who are straight and just friends can do that right now. Big can of worms? I don't think so.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purger View Post
No, but they certainly seem to be in the majority here. I have probably already put around a 1000 of them on my ignore list.
You seem to have some serious paranoia about gay people. Are they under your bed too?

Old 02-10-2011, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
I'd like to know how anyone would be 'forced to associate with gays' just because same sex marriage was legalized.
Paranoia causes irrational thinking. Or is it the irrational thinking that causes the paranoia?

Old 02-10-2011, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Gays are on the wrong side of history. History has proven throughout time that people are repulsed by such devient abnormal lifestyles. If the Republicans start siding with homosexual marriage they will only make more people leave the party.
Sorry to upset your usual little hate-fest on gay people, but...

Where do you think the concept of democracy originated in history?

Without Alexander the Great several thousand years ago, would there even BE a United States or Republican and Democratic parties now?

Old 02-10-2011, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
There is nothing abnormal about race or skin color. Stop trying to ride on the backs of blacks and others to excuse devient behavior.
Perhaps you could stop trying to ride on the backs of gay people to indulge in your deviant behaviour?

Old 02-10-2011, 01:00 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,632,208 times
as one who originally posted in here i will repeat what i said (and what has been said again by others)
if Civil unions afforded the same rights as marraige then there would be no problem. but why not call it a marraige?
marriage is a contract.
go to the church, get married, without the court sanctioned piece of paper, your union is only valid in that church. you can say that you are married. but legally you arent.
thats the difference.
we arent talking about the fabricated idea of religious "marriage", we are talking about the social/legal concept.

gay marriage, will happen. its a matter of time.
for those who think inter racial marraiges were always accepted - read a book. anti miscegenation laws were on the books in OUR time. it has not been that long that is was illegal for people of different races to marry. it was ALL based on religious principles. X's 10. a cute little argument was: god put the races in different continents for a reason!

trust, the bigots are on the wrong side of history with this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
This whole "ISSUE" would largely go away if gays would accept the fact that there is a difference between marriage and a "union" as there should be. If two gay people want to have a union together, great. But its not marriage and never will be. Marriage is between a man and woman. WIFE AND HUSBAND. PERIOD.

Let's not act like there isnt a difference and being gay is normal. Yes, its accepted more so today but it doesnt make it any more normal. Except civil unions and lets move on.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:41 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,740,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purger View Post
No, but they certainly seem to be in the majority here. I have probably already put around a 1000 of them on my ignore list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
You seem to have some serious paranoia about gay people. Are they under your bed too?
I'd be willing to bet he put on "ignore" anyone who argues for same sex marriage, simply assuming they're gay. Too many of those who are against "all things gay" simply cannot believe that there are quite a few of us heterosexuals who are for equality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies