Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 10:41 AM

2,308 posts, read 2,586,196 times

Advertisements

[quote=jtur88;5165179]Drunkenness is completely unknown in those "culturally reatarded" countries, where alcohol is prohibited by their religion. Those "culturally retarded" people never leave their children, even for a few minutes, in a yellow-pages day-care center to be parked in front of a TV to watch cartoons that focus on violence. Nor do those "culturally retarded" ship grandma off to slowly die alone in a nursing home.[/quote]

No, they just stone, decapitate and shoot persons (usually women, they're just a "throw away" non-person!), who dare to break the bonds of their "culturally retarded" honor and caste (India) systems and theocratic "traditions"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 10:42 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,634,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Drunkenness is completely unknown in those "culturally reatarded" countries, where alcohol is prohibited by their religion. Those "culturally retarded" people never leave their children, even for a few minutes, in a yellow-pages day-care center to be parked in front of a TV to watch cartoons that focus on violence. Nor do those "culturally retarded" ship grandma off to slowly die alone in a nursing home.

1. No alcohol, BUT they love their hashish!

2. No need to park kids passively in front of the TV. That won't do. The kiddies are out in the fields learning Assault Weapons 101 and how to shoot to kill the "infidel".

3. Right again. Grandma and other "castoff" females regularly abused, neglected and disregarded in their "loving" family home. They will do their own killing. No doubt cheaper too.

Get educated.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:44 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,936,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
I do not have much interest in reading any kind of fiction about Islam or the culture. It is task enough just staying abreast of the facts on Islamism, and being ever watchful of their attempts at increasing spread of sharia law worldwide.
Over the past 500 yeasrs, during which Christian nations spread their Christian empire over virtually the entire earth, what country or region on the planet has had sharia law expanded into it, where it had not already been the dominant faith of the people?

There are so many Muslims in Detroit, that the state of Michigan publishes official documents in Arabic. Yet, there has not been a single instance of two Muslims in shirts and ties riding up on bicycles and knocking on front doors in Detroit trying to convert anybody to Islam.

Just where do get the "facts" that it is so hard to stay abreasf of, that you can't be bothered paying any attentilon to the people that those "facts" are about.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:51 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,936,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post

Get educated.
Lilypad, I lived for two years in Jordan, where all my friends and social acquaintances were these people that you just told me about. I was a full-time student for a year at the University of Jordan, and I taught English to literally hundreds of Jordanians. My wife was a supervising nurse, and treated thousands of Jordanian patients.

I have also been an invited guest in the private homes of people in Syria, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Iran. Not rich, westernized, foreign-educated people---just regular folks.

I have visited Mauritania, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Sudan, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Iraq, Iran, Pakisran, Bangladesh, Malaysia and Indonesia.

I can hadly wait for you to "educate" me about these people whom you know so intimately. Before you undertake to educate me, I suggest you get over your abject refusal to read anything that relates to their culture.

Last edited by jtur88; 09-07-2008 at 11:03 AM..

Old 09-07-2008, 11:05 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,635,558 times
Quote:
Drunkenness is completely unknown in those "culturally reatarded" countries, where alcohol is prohibited by their religion. Those "culturally retarded" people never leave their children, even for a few minutes, in a yellow-pages day-care center to be parked in front of a TV to watch cartoons that focus on violence. Nor do those "culturally retarded" ship grandma off to slowly die alone in a nursing home.
No, but they will bury grandma up to her neck and then throw rocks at her because she defied her husband and culture by asking for a divorce.

Noone is saying our culture is perfect...no way. But our imperfections do not justify turning a blind eye to another cultures systemic murder of women.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:10 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,635,558 times
Quote:
Lilypad, I lived for two years in Jordan, where all my friends and social acquaintances were these people that you just told me about. I was a full-time student for a year at the University of Jordan, and I taught English to literally hundreds of Jordanians. My wife was a supervising nurse, and treated thousands of Jordanian patients.

I have also been an invited guest in the private homes of people in Syria, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Iran. Not rich, westernized, foreign-educated people---just regular folks.

I have visited Mauritania, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Sudan, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Iraq, Iran, Pakisran, Bangladesh, Malaysia and Indonesia.

I can hadly wait for you to "educate" me about these people whom you know so intimately. Before you undertake to educate me, I suggest you get over your abject refusal to read anything that relates to their culture.
Regular folks? I would think that would mean modern or progressive thinkers in those societies. But then, you are male so perhaps not.

In any case, having friends in these societies, having visited and been employed in these societies do you think the subjagation of women (which inlcudes the whole sale murder of 'misbehaving' women') is justified, honorable or simply just 'different' and should be respected as such?
If your answer is 'yes'.....what if you substituted the words black person for women? Would it still be OK? How about handicapped? Hell, how about a dog?

Old 09-07-2008, 11:12 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,101,668 times
ALL of the Muslim countries have EVERY right to live their lives as they wish....what EVER the culture may dictate....so long as, when they come to this country, they leave behind those practices that conflict with the culture of THIS country.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:14 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
I always ask what's the motivation for such stories? I think if most of what we read of Middle Eastern countries are the stories that would tend to shock us, then something is wrong. It must be deliberate. I would counter that we not forget the stories THEY could read about us: the Columbines, the mass murderers, the rampant drug use, etc. Heck, all they have to do is watch "Saw" to get some semblance of our own insanity since it was so popular we made 3 sequels! What does that say about our culture?

While this story is indeed sad, it should not be used to make blanket judgments about all of the Middle East or its customs.
mhouse,

Have you been so thoroughly politically corrected that you can't see the tremendous disparity between honor killings (which are to this day common throughout Islam), and a movie (Saw)?

Even if you throw in the Columbine's and other things you may call mass-murders- they are isolated incidents by nut cases.

Honor killings are fully supported by Sharia law - and that I think is the point you fail to grasp. Do you know that muslim women who have been raped have been subsequently killed in honor killings? Didn't you read about the recent incident where a muslim teenager went out with someone from the wrong sect, and was raped, tortured and murdered by her own father????

These incidents are not isolated - they are common and systematic - and the logical end result of a religion that is extremely violent, extremely male dominated and which even has vestigages of child abuse in their forced marriages on girls as young as 8 or 9. Just this morning I read about a girl who was forced to marry at 9 was killed when she tried to have the marriage annulled...

If you think Islam is so great, put your money where your mouth is and move to one of those countries and live there for a few years - you'll be begging for a ticket home!!!

Old 09-07-2008, 11:18 AM

2,308 posts, read 2,586,196 times
Quote:

WOW! I'm impressed! Where you on some sort of a "tour" of Muslim/Islamic counties? Are you a Muslim/Islamic? Did the "tour" visit an old fashioned stoning or any other culturally related "honor" traditions?

Last edited by Steve Hazzard; 09-07-2008 at 12:23 PM.. Reason: Correct typos.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:22 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,543 times
Quote:

jtur,

Since you are so well travelled, maybe you can enlighten us??

Why is Islam such a violent and repressive religion and form of government?

Why is there such a huge level of terrorism perpetrated by muslims today?

Why don't we hear an outcry from the more moderate muslims against the direction that their religion has been taken in?

I'd really be interested in your answer...

I began to get one hell of an education on 9/11, and it has been expended upon almost daily by the things that I hear muslims do around the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies