Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2008, 07:44 AM

932 posts, read 1,677,205 times

Advertisements

Because no one pays any attention to that mess. When I'm on the train to school in philly there are plenty of people who say dumb things like that...

generally I just tune them out with my ipod.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:06 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,827,673 times
man this thread still going,

cracker, honk3y are words created by white people themselves, some people call themselves rednecks and others who arent rednecks call whites rednecks in a bad way, but it dont phase them

Old 10-15-2008, 09:45 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,612,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
The other day there was a guy on the subway who was yelling "Another month and it's all over for whitey in America! One more month and you goin' DOWN! OBAMA IS HERE!", etc, etc. He was just yelling it for anyone to hear since nobody even appeared to be talking to him.

I don't give a damn about him or what he was saying. He's an idiot.

You know what I DIDN'T like? The black lady sitting with her child a few feet away who pumped her fist and said "THAT'S RIGHT!" That's some example she's setting for her child.

And if the races were reversed in that situation it wouldn't have ended there. If a white person was the one doing the yelling the front page of the next day's local papers would say something like Krazy Kracker Krusades Against Minority Riders, complete with a super-imposed picture of a klansman or Hitler. Somehow when black people do this kind of stuff it's just business as usual. And again, nobody was bothering this guy or even talking to him. He just decided that every white person on the train needed to hear his commentary.

My Uncle, who does have issues with certain "ethnicities", actually said something quite eye-opening as to why white people are not affected by words:

They can scream and holler all they want. In the end, they come to our [white] nations, date our women/men, patornize our buisnesses, and generally foucs their lives around "us". When someone talks about "being black", in reality, they wish they can be white. Why else do you see people of color chasing after us as neighbors, lovers and associates? They could go back to their "homelands", but they won't, becuase silently, they know that they are incapable of creating a society as functioning as ours. Like sheep that lose their herder, when they become a majority in any one place, they simply flock to where whites can still be found.

White people don't hate Black people, Black people hate themselves.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:02 PM

24,401 posts, read 23,053,611 times
I use those terms ( okay not ******, that word never made sense and gladly has fallen out of use, cracker is also a term that I don't find offensive).
If somebody does something particuarly bad, you can believe I use the term white trash but generally just any expletive or particuarly derogatory term will do. If the person is black, then yes I use that bomb word. That just describes them. I don't use it casually since its use is a sign of ignorance. I wish there was an equally suitable word for white people that I could use when they do something offensive. Or a word that covered everybody. I like the term "knuckle dragger" to describe any stupid or ignorant person who can't function in society, but it doesn't hit hard enough sometimes.
I'm talking about folks that mug elderly people, rob and kill people, shoot cops,steal from the elderly, hurt kids, etc.

Losers focus on race or hatred of others in different circumstances to compensate for their own failings as human beings.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:03 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,453,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne007 View Post
Why are white people not offended by slurs like kracker, honky or white trash?

Racist/ Nazi, is probaly the most offensive slur to a white person
So I suppose that "krackers", "honkies", "white trash", "racists", and "Nazis" are "Victims" now...?

Besides, the "N-word" is really just about color, while those other words are cultural value judgements, which is pretty fair game.

Personally, I prefer the terms "Redneck", "Trailer Trash", or "Inbred Hillbilly" myself.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:13 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,643,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
My Uncle, who does have issues with certain "ethnicities", actually said something quite eye-opening as to why white people are not affected by words:

They can scream and holler all they want. In the end, they come to our [white] nations, date our women/men, patornize our buisnesses, and generally foucs their lives around "us". When someone talks about "being black", in reality, they wish they can be white. Why else do you see people of color chasing after us as neighbors, lovers and associates? They could go back to their "homelands", but they won't, becuase silently, they know that they are incapable of creating a society as functioning as ours. Like sheep that lose their herder, when they become a majority in any one place, they simply flock to where whites can still be found.

White people don't hate Black people, Black people hate themselves.

He's right..........and he's wrong. White people shouldn't be affected by these slurs. They have no power or danger behind them.

Im some ways, I blame whites for the horrible state in which blacks find themselves in America and abroad. In America, slavery, Jim Crow and terrorism in the South, as well as cultural and attempted literal genocide, have taken an immeasurable toll. Blacks have been conditioned to think of themselves as lesser beings, and even while they lash out against this conditioning and fight to overcome it, they also have internalized it. Racist redneck uncle is wrong to infer that whites don't hate blacks, because there are some who do; many of those have been in positions to enforce this hatred, and they have done so with devastating efficiency.

In many ways, yes, Black people do hate themselves. But I also blame black people for our problems. No matter what this person's racist, sick-minded uncle says, whites are not superior to anyone else. We seek you as friends, associates and lovers, because, believe it or not, even though you think you are the "oppressor," you do have smart, intelligent, kind, and, yes, sexually attractive members of your race. Just as your men sought out our women in slavery, and as your women were attracted to ours then and now, the reverse was true then and is true now. Human beings of different colors have mixed since the beginning of time, and this will continue until the end of time. Obama isn't the only biracial black person walking around.

Also, I really don't wish I were white. Sure, more than a few of my ancestors were white people, and I speak more than one of Europe's languages. But I look in the mirror every day, and read this, and other forums every day, and look at my life, and am convinced, now more than ever, that there is no white person on this Earth or any other planet who is superior to me. God (who is not a white man) created me to be just as smart, strong and stouthearted as any other human being, and I think he did a good job. So please get off yourself and learn to coexist with all of humanity. It will save you lots of agita in the future.

And, by the way, my homeland is the same as yours. We actually can create a society as functioning as "yours." We helped create this one. Of course, if this is dysfunctional, the onus is on your butt. Don't white folks control most of the wealth here?????? Haven't we had 43 white Presidents?

Finally, If there were any place I needed to go back to, chances are it would be in a neighborhood that is vastly superior in terms of socioeconomic indicators to yours. Sorry I had to disappoint you there.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
So I suppose that "krackers", "honkies", "white trash", "racists", and "Nazis" are "Victims" now...?

Besides, the "N-word" is really just about color, while those other words are cultural value judgements, which is pretty fair game.

Personally, I prefer the terms "Redneck", "Trailer Trash", or "Inbred Hillbilly" myself.
What about "huddled masses" or "wretched refuse?"

Old 10-16-2008, 12:37 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,453,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
What about "huddled masses" or "wretched refuse?"
Hey, now you're gettin' personal!

Old 10-16-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Hey, now you're gettin' personal!
lol. I once read an article in the newspaper about anti-white racial slurs. I gotta say, I was actually surprised to hear that there were so many of them........

Old 10-16-2008, 12:55 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,412,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne007 View Post
Why are white people not offended by slurs like kracker, honky or white trash?
I think white men are typically raised to be rational about feelings. As we're growing up, if we go to the men in our lives with a complaint, the response is "so what?" In order for our offense to be taken seriously, we have to be able to explain it rationally. Being upset over those names doesn't cut the rational mustard, whereas, blacks and women are generally permitted and encouraged to be romantic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMecca View Post
I was actually having this EXACT conversation with a friend who said looters (in New Orleans) were primary 'poor white trash, blacks, and hispanics'

He's white...Im black -- i was slightly offended because he didnt (to your point) segment blacks and hispanics out

He never saw my point.

At least some do

Great Message board
The "n word" used to cover that. It's actually nuanced amongst whites (who'd actually use it these days) consistent with the description Chris Rock gives it. However, society chose to suppress criticism of blacks. Here's your reward: You, a good black person, are no better than a bad black person because blacks have suppressed criticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Because it doesn't promote a just society to use those words. I am white, but if I were a minority, I wouldn't care for people using such words about my ethnic group.
Since when is suppressing thought justice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies