Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2008, 10:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,754 times

Advertisements

i also wonder why this is even a topic of the "superior" person's conversation! ha!
i agree also, that if, just like mark 9989 and some others, laugh when someone is obviously putting you down, many blacks had just laughed when being called the n word, that word would never had gotten sensationalized.... white people would be just spinning their hatred wheels....
if its funny to be called trash of any sort, chances are you probably act like it and there is obviously a reason someone has wasted breath to call you that..... sheesh!
And even in this country cut-downs and racial humor is what (we're) very good at??? this country is a mess in terms of unification! all other countries adore the family unit, and for religion and creed's sake, stick together!!!!! and look out for one another.. NOT THIS COUNTRY. no race sticks together here too many people step on each other to get what they want from wall street to your street! frankly no one can point the finger or call any race better. we are all lacking and somewhere in ohio, a white family is teaching their preschoolers about color AND hatred. i feel sorry for those pea- brained people who will have to struggle with their own racial issues and hatred and pass it along to innocent children and force everyone else to put up with them and that crap for the next 40 years.........................im tired of unintelligent people who wake up and go to sleep with the same low class mentality every day!

Old 04-03-2009, 09:25 AM

2 posts, read 4,900 times
Default racism only hurts the racist.

I could care less if someone calls me cracker, in fact, I would be more likely to pray for them. I lived in white and black areas, and have lived my life no differently in relation to where I am or who I am around. I have been yelled to from down the street, i have had people accuse me of using the n word, even though I hadn't said it. Why should I let others and their opinions get me down. Things that actually matter to me come from within, so what someone would call me in regards to the color of my skin is irrelevant. If the whole world felt like that, it would be so much easier. Just be a good person and no one can ever take that from you. Who cares if you are called anything, just knowing who you are on the inside is what matters. In general, people who name call are missing something inside themselves, and that is sadder than anything they can call me.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:27 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,323,601 times
Why is the term "cracker" considered an insult?

Old 04-03-2009, 09:27 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne007 View Post
Why are white people not offended by slurs like kracker, honky or white trash?

Racist/ Nazi, is probaly the most offensive slur to a white person
I find nothing offensive and often funny especially when it is an attempt to provoke people. I do always consider the source though.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:45 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,922,186 times
because we don't look for excuses to complain

Old 04-03-2009, 10:13 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times
Quote:

I don't mind to be called any of that since I know that I'm not any of that...anti semitic things bother me....

btw I'm white!

Old 04-03-2009, 10:59 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,827,960 times
The only White People who would be offended by being called Honky, Cracker, Nazi, or Racist.

Would be Honkys, Crackers, Nazis, or Racists.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:34 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,850,387 times
We are offended but no one else cares. The media has made racist comments newsworthy but they do not consider these racists. A candidate can call someone a "typical white person" and not a peep. Imagine the outcry if a white candidate calling someone a "typical black person"?

Old 04-03-2009, 11:53 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,640,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Why is the term "cracker" considered an insult?

In some ways, this question answers the original one.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:04 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,869 times
Quote:

Kracker is a term of endearment between me and my cracker friends. Outside of my friends, I've never been called kracker, honky or white trash.

And even if someone called me white trash, it wouldn't offend me.
I don't fit that term - the name-caller clearly has no clue what it means so I have no problem ignoring the moron.

Honky (isn't it ******?) isn't something I've heard used in a long time.
By the way, looks like honk-ey (without the dash) is edited out by the language filter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies