Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2009, 08:02 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Maybe when "some" people grow enough to recognize that the Black community has diverse beliefs, values and opinions these same people will open their own eyes to the possiblity that they have so much more to learn...ignorance isn't bliss.
No calipoppy, I have no definition of what the black community is until people like yourself educate me with abusive presumptions about 'whiteness' and accusations leveled at me that I had no active participation in.
I cannot change your mind or anyone elses mind. I can only share what I know to be true. When I share it and you throw it on the ground to smash it or in any other way de-value that gift, you have become the active architect of your own world.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
No offense but a person who has been priviledged simply due the color of there skin (as if it is a birth right) can not "educate" me (or any other person of colr) about how to overcome racial prejudice....how patronizing!

The last thing that I am is anyone's victim....although that is the only possible way that you could see a person of color who expresses themselves freely. In addition, I have NEVER viewed White people as my enemies(how absurd) but I do not need to have them to "show me the way" (which is once again...patronizing) But, I'm guessing, some "people" don't know any better.
I assure you I have had no privileges, but the argument you're using insists I have my whole life. You're simply wrong and you simply don't want to believe that unfair practices happen to everyone, of every color, every single day.

When I offer people-- gays, minorities, anyone-- an opportunity to look inside and get stronger, to take stock of their own boundaries and use the power of their own mind to define their lives... this is viewed by yourself as "patronizing".

If you can't handle considering any word I say, put me on ignore.
If you don't care to see this thread, don't participate in it.
If you don't care for the advice offered, don't use it.
If you don't care to have anyone else use the advice offered because you can't bear to hear that anyone could make it work for themselves, I've got to ask you just how full of yourself are you?
If it's a bad idea, surely it would fail. We are at all times paying for our choices with our very lives. Every single choice.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:22 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Default Maiden, Mother, Crone

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Excellent point salukifan. So race, or ethnicity, really does have equal contribution in the larger picture of Eons + humanity as a whole. Thing is some have more value in the eyes of folks, and other things, like native american philosophy for instance, are deemed not valuable. Odd how that works, huh?

Odd, indeed. Just don't get me started on worship of the Great Mother Goddess! Globally, women have been suffering since any recognition of a feminine aspect of divinity was subsumed by male gods. And according to archaeology, Goddess worship existed in every culture until about 8,000
years-ago; after that, they became the wives or mothers of male gods.
Sorry...I got myself started!

Old 04-04-2009, 08:27 PM

952 posts, read 3,706,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne007 View Post
Why are white people not offended by slurs like kracker, honky or white trash?

Racist/ Nazi, is probaly the most offensive slur to a white person
None of those names offend me. I am proud to be who I am and happy I was born white. Why on earth would name calling offend me when I thank "god" everyday I was born white?

Last edited by redwine; 04-04-2009 at 08:39 PM..

Old 04-04-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post
Odd, indeed. Just don't get me started on worship of the Great Mother Goddess! Globally, women have been suffering since any recognition of a feminine aspect of divinity was subsumed by male gods. And according to archaeology, Goddess worship existed in every culture until about 8,000
years-ago; after that, they became the wives or mothers of male gods.
Sorry...I got myself started!
LOL Yuppers, women deserve better than they get from the outside value system but should that prevent me from properly valuing myself? That's what I control. I'm a weed that grew from a rock. Nobody can believe it's possible, some kind of a miracle that defies nature, but here I am just the same; a proud weed. Or what others would call an orchid, unimpressed with a rose. Iyam what Iyam.

Back to the real point of these types of arguments... these divisions are pretty foolish ultimately. Genius is birthed in every culture, gender, creed, whatnot. These lines that are arbitrarily drawn around people as groups or sub groups create an illusion in their minds that they are now apart from or for/against other groups.

Global example: Have you ever watched Cspan coverage of UN? You'd swear you were listening to sibling rivalry vying for esteem by taking pot shots at whole other nations. Looks like SOME countries need a time out. ( when it's my own country)

The great leveler that is built into american constitution is the central belief in preserving individual rights as much as possible while still maintaining order in service to the greater good. There is much debate over 'the general welfare' clause, and extremes take issue that there is not enough protection, while another extreme claims there is too much general welfare being managed. Hopefully we'll all find a way to maximize personal responsibility and at the same time have a system that facilitates healthy opportunities for all.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:31 PM

380 posts, read 1,058,918 times
I am offended by such terms, those Whites who are not-are the modern day "Uncle Tom's", a term once used by Blacks toward Blacks who acted subservient to Whites.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:05 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Why are white people not offended by slurs like kracker, ****** or white trash?

Because it is STUPID to be offended by what other people think of you.....as long as you are proud of who you are.

I have a white boxer named Cracker. He's proud of his own self too.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:50 PM

lol glory NICE DOGGIE!

Old 04-05-2009, 12:32 AM

9 posts, read 14,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne007 View Post
Why are white people not offended by slurs like kracker, honky or white trash?

Racist/ Nazi, is probaly the most offensive slur to a white person

because white folks are beyond that. Black people need to follow suit. I understand that black people suffered, but black people should get over it and move on into the future and not stay drunk in the past.

"Look at the past to gain insight of history at the same time look into the future to achieve great history so the next generation can make the world better"-

-Gullyjuice187

Old 04-05-2009, 06:51 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,790,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpotater58 View Post
I am offended by such terms, those Whites who are not-are the modern day "Uncle Tom's", a term once used by Blacks toward Blacks who acted subservient to Whites.
Nah, I'm not an Uncle Tom White. I just don't care what they call me. I've stood up to power on occasion and paid a high $$$ for it in my life.

Calling me a "******" or whatever just gets the internal response of "yeah so what, darn straight I'm a ******", LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies