Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 02:23 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
9-11 was an inside job. the boogie man was contracted by a leprechaun. it was after that time when an army of unicorns flew flying saucers into the world trade center. when bigfoot saw what had happened, he contacted the lochness monster for a meeting with the cyclops. we are still awaiting the results of the cyclops sessions, aka the cyclops papers, to determine once and for all, that it was indeed an inside job.
911 was an inside job, face it. Watch "Zeitgeist the movie" on youtube. I dare you--I double dare you!! I used to think that 911 conspiracy theories were by crackpots and tinfoilers, until one night I watched a movie called "Loose Change" on youtube. The arguments for a conspiracy about 911 are actually well thought out and thoroughly researched, therefore making a compelling argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 02:29 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times
I didn't say anything. I told you exactly how it went down. if you deny the cyclops papers, that's your own business. 1-87 bloggers on the internet know for a fact that it was an inside job. can't argue with those numbers. plus 1-50 of those 1-87, wear star trek pajamas. spock was never wrong, how could these bloggers be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
911 was an inside job, face it. Watch "Zeitgeist the movie" on youtube. I dare you--I double dare you!! I used to think that 911 conspiracy theories were by crackpots and tinfoilers, until one night I watched a movie called "Loose Change" on youtube. The arguments for a conspiracy about 911 are actually well thought out and thoroughly researched, therefore making a compelling argument.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:01 PM

2,255 posts, read 5,398,233 times
Here's a bit of interesting news out of Germany.

Almost one-fourth of Germans believe the US was behind 9/11 - The Local

Old 09-11-2008, 04:07 PM

214 posts, read 288,044 times
Larry Silverstein got a bailout by Swiss Re et al. when his levered-up-asbestos- contaminated real estate crashed. I wonder if the shorts on American and United Airlines were levered and by whom? Why were the shorts not traced? Oh! That's right; I forgot...it was all thoroughly investigated by Philip D. Zelikow and Co. Now we KNOW we're no longer in Kansas!

Old 09-11-2008, 04:07 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Here's a bit of interesting news out of Germany.

Almost one-fourth of Germans believe the US was behind 9/11 - The Local

This raises an interesting perspective. Public opinion varies widely, on almost every topic, from one country to another. How do you suppose that happens? Is it because people are fundamantally gullible, and they will often believe what they are told by their national media?

If so, are you sure that what YOU are being told by your national media is leading you to correct opinions, or simply the opinions that you are being led to by your national media?

Perhaps relevant to this discussion is the fact that the US is almost the only country in the world in which there is zero penetration of foreign media through cable. (China, though, is another one. We keep good company.) For example, people in Germany, on regular cable, can watch news broadcasts from UK, France, Austria, Switzerland, USA, Australia and probably others, besides Germany. Which means they hear different viewpoints. Do you?

Even in Vietnam, when I was sick for a few days and confined to my room, I surfed thorugh TV from UK, Russia, Germany, France, USA, Australia, Thailand, India, China. The Vietnamese are not afraid of "foreign" ideas, and do not feel that their people need to be "protected" from them.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:25 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Face it people, 911 was an inside job. Check this out, if you dare:
YouTube - Zeitgeist - The Movie: World Trade Center (Part 1 of 4)
I dared. That was more than half an hour that I'll never get back.

I can appreciate some healthy suspicion, but the "inside job" theory is just plain bonkers.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:27 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
911 was an inside job, face it. Watch "Zeitgeist the movie" on youtube. I dare you--I double dare you!! I used to think that 911 conspiracy theories were by crackpots and tinfoilers, until one night I watched a movie called "Loose Change" on youtube. The arguments for a conspiracy about 911 are actually well thought out and thoroughly researched, therefore making a compelling argument using Michael Moore style editing, selective quoting and lying by omission.
There. I finished it for you.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:38 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
I'm sick and tired of all these liberals jumping into everything and telling everybody what's going on while they sit in their A/C office all day at work. It seems that the people with the most common sense are Republicans. Republicans are mainly service men and women such as police officers, firefighters, and people serving in the military along with construction workers, etc. Take the 9/11 conspiracy for example... "Oh, uh, bombs were placed in the WTC before they collapsed, uh, Bush was in on the attacks, uh, Bush is stupid for starting a war, etc." I know people who served in the military under Clinton and they said he was a "jerkoff." Anyway, listen to this FDNY firefighter and you'll understand what he's talking about... He's 100% right... And he's a Republican.

YouTube - Pissed-off fireman at Ground Zero (9/11/06)
Being from Scarsdale, I expected better. Forget the conspiracy theory, I agree. What is quite sad though is the response to 9/11 by the Republican/Conservatives. 'War on Terror"? My God, what lunacy. Even with the 20/20 hindsight, it was lunacy. A pathetic concept by Republicans, lied to justify military action, trillions of dollars wasted and millions of lives needlessly ruined because of a failed war effort, an attempt to pull the wool over people's eyes by a "surge", and an attempt to repackage a representative of this sad party in the form of McCain and Palin. You do not fight ideologies with guns. Stupid Republican/Conservative concept that obviously hasn't worked.

Frankly, Republicans should sit this election out. They have disqualified themselves having demonstrated that they don't have a clue and don't know what the hell they're doing in running this country.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:42 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
9/11/2001, Morning. President Bush sits in a Florida classroom. This is his only scheduled appearance that day.
(If it were any other day it would be odd, but this sole appearance on this day seems contrived.)
Bush is already aware that a plane has hit one of the WTC towers. While being videotaped, White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card is seen leaning over to tell Bush that a second plane has crashed into the WTC which means the country is under attack.

At this point, I want to stop the film. Let's conjecture what would be the most logical human response in this scenario. The President, upon learning his country is under attack would have turned to Mr. Card and offered some vocal response. He would visibly show some sign of constrained disbelief, a WTF, to use the vernacular. A shaking of the head to mean "No" is much more logical than a nod saying "Yes". Since he's surrounded by children, he would know his response should not express alarm, but under these circumstances, a lack of consideration is excusable. In turn, Mr. Card would have expected the President to have some kind of response, after all, he's being told the country is under fire. Mr. Card would naturally stay long enough to get the President's response. Both people would have graciously excused themselves from the event and been whisked away to the waiting Secret Service.

Back to the film...
Andrew Card whispers in the President's ear, the President nods his head, and then Mr. Card LEAVES! He leaves the President alone to sit for another seven minutes looking like a child with ADD, eyes darting about the room.

This small bit of videotaped history speaks volumes to me. If we didn't know the context, we'd assume the President was told something that he was already expecting to be told. There was no shock, no disbelief, nothing to suggest the importance of what had just been whispered to him. And even more telling is the fact that his Chief of Staff didn't stay to get a response. Obviously, they had either rehearsed this small charade enough times that all they could muster was indifference or their moral backbones, wilted by the guilt of the crime just committed, robbed them of the expected response.

There are too many small moments from 9/11 that tell one's gut that something's wrong, too many unanswered questions to ever allow one to fully conclude the official story has merit.

Last edited by mhouse2001; 09-11-2008 at 04:52 PM..

Old 09-11-2008, 04:42 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times
wrong. the most conservative member of congress, ron paul, actually opposed the war from the beginning. he didn't oppose it when it became unpopular, like 95% of democrats. you need to learn to recognize the difference between republicans and democrats. lots of democrats voted for the war as well, so they should sit out as well. sweet, looks like it will be a libertarian landslide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Being from Scarsdale, I expected better. Forget the conspiracy theory, I agree. What is quite sad though is the response to 9/11 by the Republican/Conservatives. 'War on Terror"? My God, what lunacy. Even with the 20/20 hindsight, it was lunacy. A pathetic concept by Republicans, lied to justify military action, trillions of dollars wasted and millions of lives needlessly ruined because of a failed war effort, an attempt to pull the wool over people's eyes by a "surge", and an attempt to repackage a representative of this sad party in the form of McCain and Palin. You do not fight ideologies with guns. Stupid Republican/Conservative concept that obviously hasn't worked.

Frankly, Republicans should sit this election out. They have disqualified themselves having demonstrated that they don't have a clue and don't know what the hell they're doing in running this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies