Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is discrminated most
Asian Men 2 3.51%
Black Men 9 15.79%
Hispanic Men 1 1.75%
Native American Men 0 0%
White Men 13 22.81%
Asian Women 0 0%
Black Women 3 5.26%
Hispanic Women 1 1.75%
Native American Women 1 1.75%
White Women 1 1.75%
Asians in general 1 1.75%
Blacks in general 6 10.53%
Hispanics in general 1 1.75%
Native Americans in general 8 14.04%
Whites in general 10 17.54%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 05:05 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
Okay... playing off Mimzy's post... who has it worst? We've all heard the stories from all sides: women with the glass ceiling, blacks with racism, hispanics with unfair views because of immigration, Native Americans because of their social standings, Asians because of their education/lifestyle/wealth stereotypes, whites because they can't say what they want without offending any of the above.

This isn't about you, specifically... but taking an objective look... who is discriminated against most, and why do you believe that? The poll is set up for men or women, or a specific group.
These days I think you missed one important group. Middle Eastern men. Many Americans are terrified by them. They are seen as the scourge of mankind right now and are probably the most strenuously discriminated against.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 06:24 PM

769 posts, read 2,231,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
These days I think you missed one important group. Middle Eastern men. Many Americans are terrified by them. They are seen as the scourge of mankind right now and are probably the most strenuously discriminated against.
Since when are most Americans "terrified" of Middle Eastern men?

Anyway, Native Americans are the most discriminated against.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:38 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,763,666 times
Black women are never discriminated against! They are the babies or poster children of Affirmative Action, they have this country by the balls!

Old 09-09-2008, 06:55 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
"I cannot believe that the whites are winning this poll. If you are born white, there is a much better chance that you will have a large edge over, say, hispanics or blacks"
I'm sure it's the bra thumpers that voted for that, of course they are the most discriminated against.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:56 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
Gays, because they don't have equal rights to any of the groups listed.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:32 PM

472 posts, read 1,544,038 times
If we're speaking currently & of race/heritage only, then:

I vote for people Middle Eastern descent period, man or woman. I saw "some of" the worst social treatment of my lifetime after 9-11 of Middle Eastern people. I was in a Subway, and the manager told a woman who wore traditional coverings to take off her veil in his store so that he could get a good look at her face, in case an airplane got flown into his store. He refused to serve her and said that her "terrorist money" was no good in his store. The entire line of people, save one jerk, walked out by the way.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:34 PM

14 posts, read 20,878 times
As we can see from the vote it is Whites in general. Absolute truth. We do not have access to any social welfare or programs because of assumed entitlement which is overgeneralizing. Affirmative action is the most discriminating and racist legality in existence.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:44 PM

271 posts, read 582,995 times
Right, so where is my affirmative action to help me get into college? Or my welfare check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuvopolis View Post
I cannot believe that the whites are winning this poll. If you are born white, there is a much better chance that you will have a large edge over, say, hispanics or blacks. Blacks cannot break into many neighborhoods. Black schools in general are crappy compared to white ones. You could argue that the blacks make it like that, but it is really about the specter of past discrimination.

Of course, a problem with this poll is the grammar (along with too many choices). The way it reads, "who's discriminated most", does it mean who discriminates the most, or who was discriminated the most? It is ambigous.

I think Native Americans were historically treated the worst because I feel genocide is worse than slavery. Not to belittle the black situation; slavery was horrible.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:03 AM

107 posts, read 358,774 times
Default Welfare

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingOfSouthDakota View Post
Right, so where is my affirmative action to help me get into college? Or my welfare check?
Are whites not entitled to welfare? Are you saying that in theory, all races get welfare, but in practice, whites are denied welfare? Granted, I am not familiar with how it works in practice. Also, did Clinton not highly reduce welfare for everyone?

Old 09-10-2008, 09:09 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,389,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingOfSouthDakota View Post

Native Americans - HUD
FinAid | Other Types of Aid | Native American Students
Small Business Administration (http://www.sba.gov/aboutsba/sbaprograms/naa/index.html - broken link)
CDFI Fund - U.S. Treasury - Native American Initiatives Program
Native American Rights Fund, National Indian Law Library, Resources About Scholarships, Grants, and Financial Aid for College

A site that compares Blacks and Native Americans on goverment assistance.

Welfare and Native Americans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies