Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 10:48 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times

Advertisements

On the ADN last year, Ray.

adn.com | wildlife : State puts a bounty on wolves (http://dwb.adn.com/news/alaska/wildlife/story/8726730p-8628810c.html - broken link)

A judge stopped it, though.

Judge orders state to stop wolf bounties (3/31/2007): Wolves | adn.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 10:50 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
She did advocate the aerial shooting of wolves. You all know, we can't have animals taking up our space, now can we?
I hope she feels like a big tough guy when she shoots animals for the fun of it.
It's very simple, but I can only deduct that you have no idea relating to what rules any governor must follow. For example, and I will repeat it: the Wolf Control Program has been used as a predator management tool by Alaska F&G. This program was implemented before she became governor, and it continues to this day. As a governor, she must follow the Alaska Constitution. As a Governor she can only request instituting such a program from the legislature. If the legislature agrees with her, then the program is implemented. Both the legislature and the Governor represent the people of Alaska. Both the governor and legislature are asked by F&G in matters relating to the management of fish and game, but all must follow the Constitution of Alaska.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:52 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
Sarah Palin, predator control, shooting wolves | Salon

Ahh. Sarah Palin. What a wonderful loving women she is in how she is justifying the killing of wolves. Her "moose" excuse is a lie which was proven by a guest from the Rachael Maddow show and this article is a must read for all who want to know where Sarah Palin's heart is. It clearly belongs in the snow of Alaska . Below is a little clip of the article on what length she will go to get these wolves killed. You decide.....

Palin offered the $150 bounty for wolf paws in 2007 after efforts to kill wolves from airplanes that season were, in her view, coming up short. State officials had hoped that 382 to 664 wolves would be killed during that predator-control season. State officials were disappointed when only 115 wolves were killed from the air.
fraulein sarah she was not referring to our furry friends, we was referring to democratics that stand up to the GOP/DOD war machine.
obama 08

Old 09-23-2008, 10:55 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
On the ADN last year, Ray.

adn.com | wildlife : State puts a bounty on wolves (http://dwb.adn.com/news/alaska/wildlife/story/8726730p-8628810c.html - broken link)

A judge stopped it, though.

Judge orders state to stop wolf bounties (3/31/2007): Wolves | adn.com
I don't see anywhere in the article Palin offering "$125.00 per wolf paws."

Old 09-23-2008, 11:00 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
This is what I said:

Quote:
Ray, it's true that she tried to implement a bounty program. It's a matter of public record.
You asked for links and I provided them. The links discuss the bounty program that the governor tried to implement.

I don't know where you got this quote from:

Quote:
"$125.00 per wolf paws."
but the proposed bounty was $150, not $125.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:02 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Over population of wolves has destroyed the elk and mule deer herds in Wyoming and Montana.
It was the right thing to do.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:54 PM

11 posts, read 15,401 times
SMD

Why not address the topic people are talking about? I am a democrat, and I support hunting and hunters. Shooting wolves from helicopters for a bounty? That's not hunting. Do you think that's hunting? If so, you can come over my house and shoot the goldfish I have swimming around in the tank. I'll give you a $5 bounty if come and shoot my goldfish, but you have to cut one of eyes out for proof. And what's the obsession with gays? This lifestyle must really intrigue you because we were talking about hunting wolves. Make a logical case for it if you want to, like tell us that all the wolves that she wants shot are actually gay wolves, or perhaps bisexual wolves. If that is, in fact the case, then yes, of course they should be shot, and all of their paws should be cut off. A study at Liberty University showed that gay wolves tend to raise little gay wolves. And for the record, no I do not think that two gay wolves should be able to marry. Gay wolf marraige is not in GOD's plan for us! I think its totally sick. Gay wolves deserve to die! Vote McCain/Palin 08!!

Old 09-23-2008, 11:56 PM

11 posts, read 15,401 times
Are the elk and mule deer populations in Montana and Wyoming really destroyed?

Old 09-23-2008, 11:59 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,234 times
I hope all of you Liberals in here are vegetarian, because, believe it or not, the meat you eat is killed BY HUMANS! But I guess when Sarah Palin kills an animal, its just sinful, when its killed so you can eat it, its ok.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:59 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franman66 View Post
SMD

Why not address the topic people are talking about? I am a democrat, and I support hunting and hunters. Shooting wolves from helicopters for a bounty? That's not hunting. Do you think that's hunting? If so, you can come over my house and shoot the goldfish I have swimming around in the tank. I'll give you a $5 bounty if come and shoot my goldfish, but you have to cut one of eyes out for proof. And what's the obsession with gays? This lifestyle must really intrigue you because we were talking about hunting wolves. Make a logical case for it if you want to, like tell us that all the wolves that she wants shot are actually gay wolves, or perhaps bisexual wolves. If that is, in fact the case, then yes, of course they should be shot, and all of their paws should be cut off. A study at Liberty University showed that gay wolves tend to raise little gay wolves. And for the record, no I do not think that two gay wolves should be able to marry. Gay wolf marraige is not in GOD's plan for us! I think its totally sick. Gay wolves deserve to die! Vote McCain/Palin 08!!
ROFL loved your post. I disagree with the hunting part. The killing of the wolves isn't about hunting its about controling over populaion of a predator. In other words its not about the sport.
I wouldn't mind a bounty on ferrel cats... I live in the country and it would seem every city dweller believes we want their unwanted kittens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies