Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 12:00 AM

11 posts, read 15,401 times

Advertisements

I was having a little fun with my previos posting. I have friends in WY/MT who guide for elk hunts. I'm going to check in on this. I'll take your word for it. The other guy had no idea, so like I said I had a little fun. Regardless of the wolf issue, this lady is whacked!

Why do hunters assume that we want to take that away... (non-republicans).

Most of what you hear is propoganda to scare you into voting for candidates like George WB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 12:09 AM

11 posts, read 15,401 times
In all honesty, shooting wolves from helicopters never really goes over too well with the general population. I think Palin is going to take a hit on this one. I grew up in a city and I love the outdoors. I don't hunt, but I don't judge it. ****, I'd probably help you pull your elk out of the woods if you promised me some sausage and a couple of flank steaks. I like elk jerky more than I like sex. Well, almost! I hate to sound petty, but I hope the wolf helicopter story gets exploited non-stop. This is the kind of thing that Rep. do best! We are going to have to play the same dirty games. Four more years of Republicans will truly kill us all. We'll have the GDP of Bangladesh and we'll all be too skinny and malnourished to might off the Iranians. And by the way doesn't John McCain seem just a little too interested in staying in Iraq for 100 more years? And don't you think he's licking his fingers over the chance to get back at those dirty Iranians for what they did back in the 70's. If none of this makes any sense I'll end with something that nobody can argue with...gay wolves don't deserve to live! Kill them all!

Old 09-24-2008, 12:11 AM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franman66 View Post
In all honesty, shooting wolves from helicopters never really goes over too well with the general population. I think Palin is going to take a hit on this one. I grew up in a city and I love the outdoors. I don't hunt, but I don't judge it. ****, I'd probably help you pull your elk out of the woods if you promised me some sausage and a couple of flank steaks. I like elk jerky more than I like sex. Well, almost! I hate to sound petty, but I hope the wolf helicopter story gets exploited non-stop. This is the kind of thing that Rep. do best! We are going to have to play the same dirty games. Four more years of Republicans will truly kill us all. We'll have the GDP of Bangladesh and we'll all be too skinny and malnourished to might off the Iranians. And by the way doesn't John McCain seem just a little too interested in staying in Iraq for 100 more years? And don't you think he's licking his fingers over the chance to get back at those dirty Iranians for what they did back in the 70's. If none of this makes any sense I'll end with something that nobody can argue with...gay wolves don't deserve to live! Kill them all!
Shooting wolves form helicopters?

Old 09-24-2008, 12:14 AM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
This is what I said:

You asked for links and I provided them. The links discuss the bounty program that the governor tried to implement.

I don't know where you got this quote from:

but the proposed bounty was $150, not $125.
That's fine, but i still don't see anywhere where she offered a bounty for wolf paws (look at the original post).

Old 09-24-2008, 12:16 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franman66 View Post
LOL Lots of democrats hunt where I live. PA is a democrat state. I don't sweat most democrats, just the ones who favor gun control. The idea of punishing law abiding citizens v.s criminals is a bit odd to me. I am a former reb now a Libertarian I guess or indep. I like your posts I laughed about the gold fish.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:18 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
BFD. They shoot wild hogs from helicopters here in TX. If any of the libs would like to come down and throw themselves in front of the hogs, go for it.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:23 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
That's fine, but i still don't see anywhere where she offered a bounty for wolf paws (look at the original post).
I don't know what you mean. This is a quote from the article in the ADN:

Quote:
The 180 volunteer pilots and aerial gunners who are the backbone of the program can get $150 in cash for turning in legs of freshly killed wolves, Gov. Sarah Palin's office announced Tuesday.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:27 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,514,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
It's very simple, but I can only deduct that you have no idea relating to what rules any governor must follow. For example, and I will repeat it: the Wolf Control Program has been used as a predator management tool by Alaska F&G. This program was implemented before she became governor, and it continues to this day. As a governor, she must follow the Alaska Constitution. As a Governor she can only request instituting such a program from the legislature. If the legislature agrees with her, then the program is implemented. Both the legislature and the Governor represent the people of Alaska. Both the governor and legislature are asked by F&G in matters relating to the management of fish and game, but all must follow the Constitution of Alaska.

Wolves are predators, correct. They are meat eaters. That is not abnormal. That is how it is supposed to be. You don't kill off animals because they are predators.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:34 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Wolves are predators, correct. They are meat eaters. That is not abnormal. That is how it is supposed to be. You don't kill off animals because they are predators.
You do when they are over populated and are killing of species that breed much slower.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:42 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,170,731 times
It's called animal control. Here in northeast Ohio there is deer herd control. Above and beyond the regular deer hunting season.
The over population causes sickness, disease, and a declining quality of natural life for future generations of the herd, or pack, in Alaska's case, when the population gets larger than the resources needed to sustain the herd, pack, in a healthy manner.
No one person can make this decision. No one person can be responsible for it. It takes a majority vote from all of the people involved in the decision process to implement an action.
It is Sarah Palins choice whether or not to be personally involved in carrying out an action that her peers have deemed to be necesssary.
It is my personal choice whether or not to be involved in the deer herd reduction.
I am an advocate of cruelty prevention and animal rights.
But sometimes you have to look at the big picture and what is best in the long run for the good of the animal population in general.
As far a bringing in a paw or whatever, if a bounty is set, what is to prevent someone from saying they thinned 25 members of the herd. Showing proof is a good way of not letting people lie and collect money.
Of course it would have to be a specific item. You can't bring in all four paws from one wolf and say you got four wolves.
The wolf would not feel the taking of a sample. There is no way you take a sample, say a right ear or left rear paw, from a live wolf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies