Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 12:39 AM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times

Advertisements

In Alaska, the pelt is salvaged, and so the skull. The hide is "sealed" by F&G, and a tooth is extracted for collecting data about the animals age, etc. Bringing in a set of wolf paws can land a trapper in jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 06:57 AM

267 posts, read 722,042 times
i read about it.. and she sys she's pro life please

Old 10-02-2008, 07:17 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,082,651 times
I refuse to weigh in on the issues of rural animal population control, etc. because I simply know too little about that. But I do know that because of human encroachment and killing of natural predators, it is necessary unless we are okay with disease and starvation amongst the animal population.

To bring it home so something I can relate to a bit more, if someone proposed a bounty on pigeons and rats, I would not oppose that in any way whatsoever, in fact, I would applaud that person. I would love it if Chicago instituted a pigeon bounty system, I hate those little buggers. I only imagine that people who live out in the country have similar feelings toward animals I don't see that often and therefore don't consider a nuisance.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:30 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Anyone remember we used to hunt humans from helicopers in 'Nam. I guess we still do in Iraq.

That is not hunting. It is pest control. According to palin and others, gay wolves are pests that attack hetro elk so the wolves must be destroyed. I can only wonder when Palin and her bunch will put constitutionalist and liberal humans on her pests to be controlled list.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:51 AM

177 posts, read 261,321 times
Forgive me if I am wrong. But, didn't I hear about Palin in a airplane shooting a dozen Elk? This info might be wrong. It is hard to tell what is the truth anymore. Every bit of information we hear is taken out of context or bloated with mistruths.

I don't know too much about Palin. What little information I do know, she is not qualified for VP, much less President. But, who knows??? We have had Bush in the White House for 8 long, exhausting years, and according to the people of the US who voted for him, he was qualified.

I find it ironic that Palin is not for abortion under any circumstances and she is for hunting and killing animals. Personally, I love wolves and I have met dogs that were half wolf and what beautiful dogs they were. Very loyal.

I find Palin very dangerous. She thinks too quickly and doesn't want to sway on any view or opinion. She gives me the creeps. Ambitious, "YES". Is she right for this country? "NO" but what the heck do I know, as I did not vote for GW in the last two Presidential elections.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:55 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,511,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Over population of wolves has destroyed the elk and mule deer herds in Wyoming and Montana.
It was the right thing to do.
No, animals don't overpopulate. Man moves in. And you don't like the wolves hunting your sport animals. Well, the wolves are just doing what they have been doing for thousands of years.

The only animal that upsets biology is man.

So, by your reasoning, we should kill off large populations of animals near any places man lives...or hunts.

There is no reason to hunt. You can buy food, you can buy synthetics to keep you as warm as fur. No reason to strike down an animal and kill it. I find it very sad there is no remorse in doing so.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:56 AM

Default Against the bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwoodsman View Post
i read about it.. and she sys she's pro life please

And doesn't her bible say, "Thou shalt not kill" ???
It doesn't specify man.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:57 AM

Default Gives me creeps too

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieSherry View Post
Forgive me if I am wrong. But, didn't I hear about Palin in a airplane shooting a dozen Elk? This info might be wrong. It is hard to tell what is the truth anymore. Every bit of information we hear is taken out of context or bloated with mistruths.

I don't know too much about Palin. What little information I do know, she is not qualified for VP, much less President. But, who knows??? We have had Bush in the White House for 8 long, exhausting years, and according to the people of the US who voted for him, he was qualified.

I find it ironic that Palin is not for abortion under any circumstances and she is for hunting and killing animals. Personally, I love wolves and I have met dogs that were half wolf and what beautiful dogs they were. Very loyal.

I find Palin very dangerous. She thinks too quickly and doesn't want to sway on any view or opinion. She gives me the creeps. Ambitious, "YES". Is she right for this country? "NO" but what the heck do I know, as I did not vote for GW in the last two Presidential elections.

I found the same information on her. She bends the rules to support what she wants. Abstinence for all teens, except hers.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:09 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,120,290 times
Ok let's stop the stupidity right now.

A bounty on predators is a good thing.

Wolves kill livestock, (that's a farmer's livelihood- cattle, sheep, horses, goats and chickens to you city folks that don't know). Alaskan farmers must have livestock to survive. Not only for their own food but to sell.

Now, how will the hunters prove that they have killed a wolf predator? In WY where thousands of cattle are killed by wolves, hunters must bring in the wolf's tail to collect a bounty. Alaska's legislature decided that 4 paws must be brought in.

Gov. Palin signed the bill after it passed by a huge majority in the Alaskan legislature made up of both Democrats and Republicans.

The Wolf bounty protects animals from predator wolves

Wolves have also been known to kill humans.

As someone said when men move into animal habitats there is bound to be conflict between the two.

Since the days of the pioneers settlers have protected their homes from predators which present a threat. It may seem inhumane but it is necessary.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:03 AM

267 posts, read 722,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
No, animals don't overpopulate. Man moves in. And you don't like the wolves hunting your sport animals. Well, the wolves are just doing what they have been doing for thousands of years.

The only animal that upsets biology is man.

So, by your reasoning, we should kill off large populations of animals near any places man lives...or hunts.

There is no reason to hunt. You can buy food, you can buy synthetics to keep you as warm as fur. No reason to strike down an animal and kill it. I find it very sad there is no remorse in doing so.
yes animals do... i live in cincinnti

Richardson forest is bow hunting only, if the DNR feel that there to many
deers they call on the bow hunters because thier over populated here in southwest ohio when deer seaon is over with in the summer time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies