Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 11:37 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,611,786 times

Advertisements

Interesting article on what the nation has endured under a Republican administration. Pretty dismal

Conservative Failures | OurFuture.org
1. The Iraq War Money Pit
2. Hurricane Katrina Blows Away FEMA
3. Housing Market Crashes
4. Bush Administration Tortures Human Rights
5. Trade Deficit Devastates American Jobs
6. Big Oil Empties Consumers’ Pockets
7. Health Care Costs and Uninsurance Rates Skyrocket
8. The Middle Class Falls Further Behind
9. Conservatives Embrace Scandal
10. Bush-Appointed Labor Board Attacks Labor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 11:53 PM

1,020 posts, read 2,755,182 times
I think the key thing here is to separate 'conservative' from 'Republican'.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:59 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k View Post
Any Republican who is not a Conservative if now asked to stand up and raise his hand and announce himself. Otherwise, he will be painted with the conservative brush.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:07 AM

1,020 posts, read 2,755,182 times
Okay, if all Republicans are conservative, does that mean all conservatives are Republicans? No. To you, what's the dirty word here, Republican or conservative?

Old 09-10-2008, 12:45 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,611,786 times
Quote:
Okay, if all Republicans are conservative, does that mean all conservatives are Republicans? No. To you, what's the dirty word here, Republican or conservative?
Definitely "Republican" since the GOP is willing to voice conservative principles but then distort & alter them [ie use of scare tactics\mislead for political gain]. Bush is the prime example & one of the reasons he is so strongly disliked by so many Americans both Democratic & conservative voters. It doesn't matter what Republicans think of Bush since they allowed all the crimes to continue [co-dependency with disastrous consequences for America

Old 09-10-2008, 05:57 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Why would anyone dislike our "Great Decider" the wannabe King George the first of America.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:36 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
The eleventh failure might be neglecting to apologize to the rest of us for any of the first ten. I find it simply laughable that all these newborn libertarians and conservative-not-Republican, it-wasn't-me, types are making such a mad dash away from all that they were haughtily hawking and touting through at least 2005, and most times even longer. It seems that these collectively lack the Accountability® and Personal Responsibility® that would be necessary to acknowledge and express some regret over the Poor Decisionmaking® that was so evidently a part of their recent past. Face it, right-wingers...if you voted for Bush any times at all, then this eight-year decline (well, tailspin actually) in American fortunes was at your behest and is on your record. You have been wrong about almost everything. In spite of the evidence, you were hornswoggled by a bunch of political manipulators and were proud of it. It does little to restore your reputations for you now to slink away into the bushes and pretend that you had nothing to do with it at all...

Old 09-10-2008, 06:51 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Why would anyone dislike our "Great Decider" the wannabe King George the first of America.

Ya got a coupla days to listen?

Old 09-10-2008, 06:53 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:

I don't think that applies any longer, popular culture has decided it's strictly a battle between Democrats and Republicans, both parties are too firmly in control to allow room for any others.

Last edited by burdell; 09-10-2008 at 07:10 AM..

Old 09-10-2008, 07:05 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,139 times
Well republican her, life long, and I am stunned at what my party allowed to occur at the national level.

I did complain to my elected leaders, I did write them and make personal calls.
because I felt the beltway was not listening to we the common people ON BOTH SIDES.

Truth be told the vast majority of us Americans regardless of party would agree and settle the dividing issues but the extremes of either party dont want that............why?

Personally I think that the great middle America could come together and form a third party, the Party of Kick your ass........perhaps.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies