Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 08:44 PM

329 posts, read 473,084 times

Advertisements

I was coming back from the Redwoods on my bike and stopped at a gas station in Santa Ana. There was a closed up strip mall behind it with no electricity. One of the stores had the door open and there was a hand painted sign in front that said “MEAT”. Inside, there were people selling meat on unrefridgerated racks with flies everywhere and people were going in there and buying it. The area looks like some of the slimiest areas of the middle east, I did four tours in the middle east and I’ve seen some real crapholes. This was part of LA and it looked as bad as Pakistan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 08:48 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,779,849 times
... and that means that the whole state of California is a cesspool?

I agree that California has its problems, but you know that you are condemning a whole state and all democrats in the whole state by giving an example of a strip mall you rode by on a bike, right?

Old 01-17-2009, 08:54 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,609,698 times
This is the same poster who stated the following:

"Americans are very forgiving. Christians, at least. George W. Bush is going to go down in history as one of our greatest President." duh!

Old 01-17-2009, 08:57 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,374,458 times
Yea, not right to judge a whole state but there are sites out there calling California the first third-world state.

As the web article says
Quote:
In 1994 Pete Wilson was re-elected Governor of California on the wave of popularity of Proposition 187, the measure aimed at cutting off state funding for illegal aliens. Left wing radicals fought back and, with the help of a cowardly Republican Party, they were able to stop 187 and keep the public trough open to anyone who wanted to partake. Seventeen years ago we said we were importing poverty and that the state would eventually face bankruptcy. That has now happened. 200812092916 | California: The First Third World State | / | Editorial (http://www.rightsidenews.com/200812092916/editorial/california-the-first-third-world-state.html - broken link)
Seems like there have been some threads on here about this - but not sure.

Last edited by vec101; 01-17-2009 at 09:33 PM..

Old 01-17-2009, 09:04 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the point View Post
I was coming back from the Redwoods on my bike and stopped at a gas station in Santa Ana. There was a closed up strip mall behind it with no electricity. One of the stores had the door open and there was a hand painted sign in front that said “MEAT”. Inside, there were people selling meat on unrefridgerated racks with flies everywhere and people were going in there and buying it. The area looks like some of the slimiest areas of the middle east, I did four tours in the middle east and I’ve seen some real crapholes. This was part of LA and it looked as bad as Pakistan.
Guess you never visited the inner-city before. Welcome to America.

But just wondering, what does that have to do with democrats?
NOTHING.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:13 PM

329 posts, read 473,084 times
Default They run the local

state and county governments!

E=plannine;7047097]Guess you never visited the inner-city before. Welcome to America.

But just wondering, what does that have to do with democrats?
NOTHING.

[/quote]

Old 01-18-2009, 08:04 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,783 times
Yep, I have family who live in northern California and that part of the state is much much removed from the Hollywierd section that seem to dominate the news reports. Wine, ranching, agriculture, Mining, Oil.........vastly different that the extreme southern end, at least so I am told.

I base my comments strictly on reports from my Okie family in California, as I havent been there since 68..................If I am wrong on the above please forgive me

Old 01-18-2009, 09:21 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the point View Post

Do republicans live in that state also? What party is the governor of CA? Where the people selling and buying the meat all democrats? Did you stop in to survey them about this? Just wondering.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:29 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,618 times
Quote:
Democrats have turned california into a cesspool
They had help from the Repubs and illegals, but mostly you are correct.
Social welfare is it's own misery.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:30 PM

1,457 posts, read 6,031,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Do republicans live in that state also? What party is the governor of CA? Where the people selling and buying the meat all democrats? Did you stop in to survey them about this? Just wondering.

Try an easy one - what party had the most amount of goverment positions there in the past 5 to 10 years, throughout the whole state as an average?

I don't know the answer myself - never really paid attention to CA.

Was it Democrats or Republicans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies