Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 03:14 PM

38 posts, read 114,860 times

Advertisements

This is the same Sam Danner that was at the Pentagon. Someone wrote to my E-mail address from here at this forum. I have yet to find it. I am so disapointed in our Goverment. I watched on Fox Cable news Network today of all of the 9/11 memorial services. Yes indeed, I was very sad by all of this. But after 7 years I still stand by my report. People will believe in Blind trust all that our Goverment saids to them. Europe does not buy the story. A 19 Foot hole is a 19 Foot hole in the Pentagon wall.
To be told to my face by the FBI that the fire at the Pentagon was so intensed that it cremated all of the bodies and the 100 ton aircraft is beyond my thinking. Two ten ton Titanium fan jet engines just melted down?
And yet Christopher Bolynn of the American Free press showed me luggage bought at Wal-Mart by the United States Goverment as the Passengers!
Yet this day regardless, I pray for the famlies of the whole 9/11 event. I guess We may never know, or will we?
SamDanner September 11th, 2008

[mod cut] Mr Danner, I have changed the title of your thread because you did not cite a source for the perentage number that you used. If you can provide a credible source I will be happy to re-title the topic.[/mod cut]

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 09-11-2008 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: Changed title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 04:36 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,627,331 times
We do already know, extensive reports have been done. The only answer I can give you to the European percentage of 9/11 conspiracy believers is that either that percenatage comes from faulty data, or that Europeans are not very bright.

All of the conspiracy theories have been thoroughly debunked, over and over and over and over and over. The only people who don't get it are people who don't want to and find it comforting somehow to think that our government did this.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:37 PM

239 posts, read 701,708 times
here is my question how did the people on flight 93 call thier loved ones from a plane to tell them they were gonna attack the hijackers when you cannot get cell service on a plane that high?

Old 09-11-2008, 06:49 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
What did you see? I thought you had recanted your story, but then I heard you recanted b/c you were threatened.

So were you really there, at the Pentagon? And what (if anything) did you see?

Old 09-11-2008, 07:12 PM

645 posts, read 909,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmeltdown View Post
here is my question how did the people on flight 93 call thier loved ones from a plane to tell them they were gonna attack the hijackers when you cannot get cell service on a plane that high?
I thought they called from the seat back phones using credit cards.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post
I thought they called from the seat back phones using credit cards.
makes sense to me .....so they called home right in front of hijackers? this is a point that always bothered me....

Old 09-11-2008, 07:19 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,057,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
We do already know, extensive reports have been done. The only answer I can give you to the European percentage of 9/11 conspiracy believers is that either that percenatage comes from faulty data, or that Europeans are not very bright.
I feel I should point out that by entering into the Great Debate forum you have ageed to abide by the rules of being super-polite (to paraphrase the mods at //www.city-data.com/forum/great...forum-all.html) - so questioning the intelligence of entire continents might be seen as "charged language".

Also, polls conducted have said many things; at one point it seemed two-thirds of Americans thought the Bush Administration were not to be enitrely believed....

April 2004: CBS poll
21% said "telling the truth"
66% said they are "mostly telling the truth but hiding something"
10% said they are "mostly lying"
4% not sure.

Oct 2006 responses:
16% said "telling the truth"
53% said they are "mostly telling the truth but hiding something"
28% said they are "mostly lying"
3% not sure.

9/11 opinion polls - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So in 2006, just 16% of Americans trust their own President, and over 80% were still unsure what to believe.....? It's little wonder the Europeans are suspicious.

I might go with your judgement on the faulty data - and risk the wrath of the mods by quoting Twain/Disraeli;
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.'"

Old 09-11-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
I feel I should point out that by entering into the Great Debate forum you have ageed to abide by the rules of being super-polite (to paraphrase the mods at //www.city-data.com/forum/great...forum-all.html) - so questioning the intelligence of entire continents might be seen as "charged language".

Also, polls conducted have said many things; at one point it seemed two-thirds of Americans thought the Bush Administration were not to be enitrely believed....

April 2004: CBS poll
21% said "telling the truth"
66% said they are "mostly telling the truth but hiding something"
10% said they are "mostly lying"
4% not sure.

Oct 2006 responses:
16% said "telling the truth"
53% said they are "mostly telling the truth but hiding something"
28% said they are "mostly lying"
3% not sure.

9/11 opinion polls - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So in 2006, just 16% of Americans trust their own President, and over 80% were still unsure what to believe.....? It's little wonder the Europeans are suspicious.

I might go with your judgement on the faulty data - and risk the wrath of the mods by quoting Twain/Disraeli;
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.'"
Hot Air » Blog Archive » Poll: Majorities in only nine of 17 countries surveyed believe Al Qaeda was responsible for 9/11

Old 09-11-2008, 07:39 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,057,755 times
I'm not sure that posting a link is entering into the spirit of debate - but never mind...

I think this is the link you intended - the origin of the polls (rather than a blog):
International Poll: No Consensus On Who Was Behind 9/11 - World Public Opinion (broken link)

My point in my last post was that statistics are not always reliable nor useful as a single source of information.

Poll results are published to the media; regurgitated into 'news' stories, which in turn have a direct effect on the next polls. They can be utterly meaningless, but interesting nonetheless.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:41 PM

kind of what i was getting at even al jeeza had a poll but i didn't link it ....but i do believe we'll never get the whole story...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies