Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 03:42 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,846,914 times

Advertisements

CREW (Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington) just released it 4th annual list of most corrupt members of Congress. And in this "poll" the Republicans really are way ahead of the Democrats.

Come on Rs, stick up for your boys and girls. Of course we can already predict the "more left wing media slant" line from PCM, Sanrene and the rest of the Kool-Aid drinkers.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 03:45 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,585,527 times
It's not surprising. Republicans have always been a more corrupt party--in general--than the Democrats.

The only true corrupt Democrats you will find are inner-city, mostly minorities. But cities since time immerorial have always been pools of political corruption, so it's understandable to a degree (though still totally unacceptable).

Old 09-11-2008, 03:55 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Big deal....... Believe me, we are way less corrupt then any other country on the planet. How do you think anything gets done? On a handshake?????? ppllleeaaassseeee. The squeky wheel gets the grease thats what makes the world turn.....What a bunch of utopians...........

Old 09-11-2008, 03:56 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
It's not surprising. Republicans have always been a more corrupt party--in general--than the Democrats.

The only true corrupt Democrats you will find are inner-city, mostly minorities. But cities since time immerorial have always been pools of political corruption, so it's understandable to a degree (though still totally unacceptable).
Regarding big city corruption, its always there. In may be minority now, but for a long time is was Irish or Italian politicians (like Nancy Pelosi's roots in Baltimore to a famous line of Italian mayors).

One of the knocks the GOP made against Franklin D. Roosevelt was that he was in bed with "big city SOB's" and FDR's reply was "they may be big city SOB's, but they're OUR SOB's."

Link to the story is at: CREW RELEASES FOURTH ANNUAL MOST CORRUPT MEMBERS OF CONGRESS REPORT | Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington

Thank you GolfGod for the notice.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 09-11-2008 at 04:04 PM..

Old 09-11-2008, 04:03 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times
Quote:
Republicans have always been a more corrupt party
I disagree. I think it's pretty even.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:24 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,846,914 times
My 54ford wrote;
Quote:
Believe me, we are way less corrupt then any other country on the planet.
Yep, that's what I want up on my monuments in Washington, right next to "Government of the People, etc", "We hold these truths to be self evident" and all the other stirring words.

"Hey, we're not as bad as the other guys"

xavier, whoa dude, please check your prejudices at the door.

I've never seen any evidence that "non-white", or inner city pols are any more corrupt. Heck I lived in TX for 30 years, take a look around; Delay, Bush, Bush.

golfgod

Old 09-11-2008, 04:37 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
Ummm... corruption doesn't care whether you are a Republican or Democrat.. if there are more Republicans caught, it could mean that Democrats protect each other more or hide it better...

Old 09-11-2008, 10:59 PM

862 posts, read 1,050,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Big deal....... Believe me, we are way less corrupt then any other country on the planet. How do you think anything gets done? On a handshake?????? ppllleeaaassseeee. The squeky wheel gets the grease thats what makes the world turn.....What a bunch of utopians...........
SUPER SILLY !cf
Iceland
Sweden
Finland
Canada
Poland
Slovenia
France
Germany
Australia
New zeal
Slovakia
Spain
Portugal
Luxembourg
Switzerland and about 20 others
Norway
Denmark

Old 09-12-2008, 05:23 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Dach View Post
SUPER SILLY !cf
Iceland
Sweden
Finland
Canada
Poland
Slovenia
France
Germany
Australia
New zeal
Slovakia
Spain
Portugal
Luxembourg
Switzerland and about 20 others
Norway
Denmark
So whats that mean? You don't think theres graft there?!?!?!?!

Old 09-12-2008, 07:58 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,228,724 times
Quote:
CREW (Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington) just released it 4th annual list of most corrupt members of Congress.
Congress... 535 reasons to support term limits. NEVER vote for an incumbent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies