U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 03:42 PM

7,474 posts, read 21,108,397 times

Advertisements

[quote=unseengundam;5239859] Having sex without being married to someone is immoral. Doing out of marriage for money even makes it more immoral.QUOTE]
Check your calendar and join us in this century and, in the real world.
if you are so hung up on morality, after it's legalized, don't go near one.....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 03:44 PM

11,878 posts, read 19,296,335 times
The truth is anything moral is best proposed by persuasion,not by laws.If your reasons are vaild enough people will accept your view by choice not by being forced to.

Morals are only really expanded by your own household.You can proclaim morals but you can't force others to accept them even if you brand them illegal.

Now when a person interferes on another's rights like rape and murder or friving drunk then yes laws are appropiate.But other than that what a person does that doesn't effect you should be none of your business.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:54 PM

7,780 posts, read 13,889,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
And you think you're confused? I asked the poster if I had interpreted the post correctly, and you wnt to know . . what?
Sorry to be so confusing.

I'm wanting to know how you know what a pimp's cut is.

How do you know they take 90%?

Last edited by Alpha8207; 09-12-2008 at 04:09 PM..

Old 09-12-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
There would be no market for an illegal prostitute. It's called competition. No one is going to build their own car if they can buy one....
Right and no one buys illegal cigarettes carried up north from down south either right?

Good grief!

HELLO!!!

Old 09-12-2008, 04:01 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,286,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Right and no one buys illegal cigarettes carried up north from down south either right?

Good grief!

HELLO!!!
What are you talking about?

Old 09-12-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KantLockeMeIn View Post
What are you talking about?
Um, I'm talking about legal vs. illegal prostitution.

That there will still be 'illegal' prostitution even if it's legalized.

Just like there are illegal versions of legal things now.

It might help to go back a few posts and read forward.

The poster said no one would build a car when they can buy one.

Yet cigarettes are legal in every state and illegal cigarettes is a major crime. I've seen truckloads of these things being shipped north.

In fact, there was a whole terrorists ring sending money to the Middle East from Charlotte just a few years ago based on this trafficking.

Ah, never mind. If you think legalizing prostitution will mean that young girls aren't still gonna be exploited (whether willingly or not), I can't help ya.

Tell me, just how many women are there out there that you think actually aspire to sell their bodies for money?

Old 09-12-2008, 04:35 PM

7,916 posts, read 17,369,114 times
Alpha wrote:
Quote:
Ah, never mind. If you think legalizing prostitution will mean that young girls aren't still gonna be exploited (whether willingly or not), I can't help ya.

Tell me, just how many women are there out there that you think actually aspire to sell their bodies for money?
There really is a serious problem of young girls being exploited into prostitution, particularly in places like Thailand. That of course is immoral and criminal behavior and I don't support anything like that at all.
As far as your other question regarding the number of women who would sell their bodies for money I know that there's enough to keep this illegal and dangerous business operating and I think there would be alot more if the environment wasn't so dangerous. When we're talking about the activities of two consenting adults I don't think the government has any business meddling in people's lives. I'll be the first to admit that I think it's wrong for married men to engage in this behavior but my primary reasons for supporting legal prostitution is to create a safe environment for the women to operate their business, reduce crime associated with prostitution and enforce strict health codes to prevent the spread of STD's. I don't think there would be much of a demand for a prostitute who could likely have AIDS, who's not operating legally and just walking the streets if there were safe and legal brothels.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Um, I'm talking about legal vs. illegal prostitution.

That there will still be 'illegal' prostitution even if it's legalized.
Why? I don't follow your logic. If the actions of two consenting adults are no business of anyone else, and their actions are legal, then how will there be illegal prostituion?

You're not referring to having sex with an underage individual are you? That's not prostitution, that's statutory rape and child abuse.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Yet cigarettes are legal in every state and illegal cigarettes is a major crime. I've seen truckloads of these things being shipped north.
What's illegal about the cigarettes? The cigarettes themselves aren't illegal... the sale of the cigarettes without collecting sales tax and other excise taxes and sending that to the state tax office is what is illegal.

I think you are confusing what specifically is illegal and what potentially would be illegal.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Alpha wrote:

There really is a serious problem of young girls being exploited into prostitution, particularly in places like Thailand. That of course is immoral and criminal behavior and I don't support anything like that at all.
As far as your other question regarding the number of women who would sell their bodies for money I know that there's enough to keep this illegal and dangerous business operating and I think there would be alot more if the environment wasn't so dangerous. When we're talking about the activities of two consenting adults I don't think the government has any business meddling in people's lives. I'll be the first to admit that I think it's wrong for married men to engage in this behavior but my primary reasons for supporting legal prostitution is to create a safe environment for the women to operate their business, reduce crime associated with prostitution and enforce strict health codes to prevent the spread of STD's. I don't think there would be much of a demand for a prostitute who could likely have AIDS, who's not operating legally and just walking the streets if there were safe and legal brothels.
There may very well be a market for prostitutes with HIV or AIDS, selling their services to other individuals who are infected and don't wish to spread the disease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies