Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 03:54 PM

37,462 posts, read 61,388,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Sorry to be so confusing.

I'm wanting to know how you know what a pimp's cut is.

How do you know they take 90%?
Movies.

The movies never lie.

Legal brothels take a much smaller cut [taken from conversations with legal prostitutes].
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 03:58 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
As far as your other question regarding the number of women who would sell their bodies for money I know that there's enough to keep this illegal and dangerous business operating and I think there would be alot more if the environment wasn't so dangerous.
And I agree.

Which is one of the reasons I'd oppose legal prostitution.

What exactly are these girls going to do once out of their 'prime'?

Surely we can teach women (as we should be doing now) about how to stay out of this line of work, other alternatives, education, etc to keep them from being a prostitute.

Seriously Montana, people are not a commodity.

What if you had a daughter who told her classmates she wanted to be a prostitute on career day?

Legal or not, I am against any form of paying someone for sexual gratification.

This includes strip clubs too.

Let's look at that industry and see where legalization has gotten it.

Anyone care to provide suicide statistics, health statistics, drug use statistics......I doubt it. Because you know exactly what they'll show.

That legalized exploitation is just as bad (or worse) than exploitation. And prostitution is exploitation.<---that's a period.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:02 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
Quote:
Sorry to be so confusing.

I'm wanting to know how you know what a pimp's cut is.

How do you know they take 90%?
I see it in movies all the time. 90 was just a guess, but I'll guarantee you that a hooker gives more of her take to a pimp than she would ever give to a licenseing authority, the IRS, the fee for medical checkups, and even a display ad in the yellow pages.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I see it in movies all the time. 90 was just a guess, but I'll guarantee you that a hooker gives more of her take to a pimp than she would ever give to a licenseing authority, the IRS, the fee for medical checkups, and even a display ad in the yellow pages.
Unless you're a pimp or a hooker, you can't guarantee a single thing you listed there.

You can assume, and that's the best you can do.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Right and no one buys illegal cigarettes carried up north from down south either right?

Good grief!

HELLO!!!
You might wish to consider whether we are talking about licensed/regulated prostitution, or prostitution that is taxed double or triple its pre-tax price.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:06 PM

Regarding a home for retired prostitutes:

Quote:
"It's taken me a long time to get this place opened," she says. "We had to convince the local government and the police it was needed. But when I saw elderly women lying in the streets with nowhere to go, I knew I had to act."
BBC NEWS | Americas | Mexican ex-prostitutes find home

Old 09-12-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Unless you're a pimp or a hooker, you can't guarantee a single thing you listed there.

You can assume, and that's the best you can do.
But you don't know if I'm a hooker or a pimp, and I'm not going to say. Tell me what your profession is, so I can automatically dismiss out of hand every statement you ever make that is not in an area of your expertise.

If you force prostitutes to conduct their business in an illegal underground, you are going to wind up with people just like the rest of the criminal underground. Why do you think it is to the advantage of the American public to have a criminal underground, instead of putting their activity up front where it is visible to the public?

Do you realize that the number of women who died from illlegal abortions was cut to nearly zero when we took that activity off the kitchen tables? Or do you not care, because you just don't like those people, so you have no moral responsibility for caring about them.

Nothing enrages and inflames this board and brings out insults and ridicule, more than a posting that reflects a bit of kindness and decency toward people who are not among the favored members of our society.

Last edited by jtur88; 09-12-2008 at 04:17 PM..

Old 09-12-2008, 04:09 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Oh Montana you really do come up with some doozies Should Prostitution Be Legalized? I think you know my answer is no.
I was looking for a nice way to say it and you said it very well. Legalizing any vice is not the answer. Things that are sinful and wrong for people to do will always cost more for the government than their taxes benefit. That also includes drugs and alcohol and tobacco products. When I was in school we had a very wise teacher show us the statistics about this.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
You might wish to consider whether we are talking about licensed/regulated prostitution, or prostitution that is taxed double or triple its pre-tax price.
You talk like these women's bodies are as much of a purchase as a loaf of bread.

You're doing exactly what it is that keeps me so vehemently opposed to prostitution.

Women and their genitalia are objects, rather than people.

Tell me, I'm assuming the pretty women will bring a higher price than the less attractive, right?

Ugh.

It hurts me that their are people out there that would call themselves men and yet agree to legally exploiting women.

That might be 'male', but it ain't no man.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
But you don't know if I'm a hooker or a pimp, and I'm not going to say. Tell me what your profession is, so I can automatically dismiss out of hand every statement you ever make that is not in an area of your expertise.
I'm in Real Estate.

And the only thing I dismiss is your assertion that you know how much a pimp takes from a hooker.

If you aren't a pimp or a hooker, you don't know.

So, if it's 90%, stop charging your girls so much (if you're a pimp) or find a new pimp (if you're a hooker). If you're neither, then you don't know and your comments are...well.....speculation at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies