Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 03:02 AM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittle View Post
Please post some comments within the last decade?? Can you find any? Or is this just a posting of what YOU find offensive and what you feel makes Rush look bad so you feel better about bashing him?
Geez... a bit over-defensive, considering who you're defending! I just grabbed some random quotes off the first decent source, and didn't even notice the dates. If you'd like, I'm happy to locate recent quotations, which will be equally as ridiculous. But does it really matter when he said them?? They were still his words, and just as inaccurate in the 1990s... nice attempt at diverting attention from the subject, though.

Last edited by gizmo980; 02-08-2007 at 03:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2007, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilson20 View Post
You listen to Al Franken, need you say more?
I bet you also listen to Al Gore, Howard Dean and John Kerry. Oh lets not forget your hero Nacy Poleski. Do you have drinks with Ted Kennedy also?
Nope... I don't listen to (or necessarily support) any of the above, but nice try. Nancy Peloski?? I didn't even know who the hell she was until last year! Once again, that was just a quotation I got off the internet, and in fact I've only heard snippets of Al Franken. Fyi, the only political comedians I listen to/watch regularly are Bill Maher, Jon Stewart, and occasionally Steven Colbert. I think you need to go find your sense of humor!

Quote:
I bet most of the people that post somehting bad about Rush, Probably listen to him more then republicans do.
I've only heard him a few times, and that was more than enough...

Old 02-08-2007, 03:14 AM

172 posts, read 309,355 times
Larry the Cable Guy - Rock on dudes!!!

Old 02-08-2007, 03:29 AM

Okay, just to prove my point, here are some RECENT Rush quotes...

"I mean, why didn't these morons leave New Orleans before the hurricane? I'll tell you why: because they wanted to rape and loot! That's just the way some people are! And if they're black--if the rapists and looters are black--it's not George Bush's fault! We've had these problems ever since the Emancipation Proclamation. Once the whites leave town, all you've got is overwhelming lawlessness. That's not racism, Mr. Snerdley; it's a proven, demonstrable fact. Have you even seen a ghetto in Greenwich, Connecticut? I rest my case." [12 September 2005]

"They oughtta change Black History Month to Black Progress Month and start measuring it." [27 February 2006]

"I'm going to tell you, what's good for al-Qaeda is good for the Democratic Party in this country today. That's how you boil this down. And it doesn't have to be al-Qaeda. What's good for terrorists is good for John Kerry. All you got to do is check the way they react." [15 March 2004]

"We're not sexists, we're chauvinists -- we're male chauvinist pigs, and we're happy to be because we think that's what men were destined to be. We think that's what women want." [15 April 2004]

"Liberal talk radio is nothing more than a pimple on the rear end of a pig." [19 May 2006]

"On the Democrats: "In their hearts and minds and their crotches, they don't have any problem with what Foley did. They've defended it over the -- over the years." Limbaugh Radio Oct 2, 2006

"I don't care if they're Republican liberals or Democrat liberals, they're still liberals. They're not "moderates." Don't hit me with that. There's no such thing as a moderate. A moderate is just a liberal disguise, and they are doing everything they can to derail the conservative agenda, and they've been frustrated, they haven't been able to do anything about it because conservatism has been so strong. This propaganda attack on the president has weakened him." [11 November 2005]

"Hugo, Cesar--whatever. A Chavez is a Chavez. We've always had problems with them." [26 March 2004]

And here are some audio quotes, if you want to hear it straight from the horse's mouth - http://mediamatters.org/issues_topics/people/rushlimbaugh (broken link)

Enough for you??

Old 02-08-2007, 04:44 AM

1,697 posts, read 3,481,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I'm convinced Ann Coulter is a best selling author ONLY because she figured out how to write down to the third grade level (versus the 8th grade level they teach you to write down to in journalism school).

The handful of smart Republicans out there are in the White House and other political offices. The rest of them (the Republicans) are really "not so smart." In the words of Dick Cheney "Who cares what they know? They're too dumb to do anything with it." (Or maybe Karl Rove said that...)
I wouldn't give so much credit to these White House guys. I think they're more cunning than smart.

And the secret to Ann Coulter's success is her Adam's apple. Shhhhhh

Old 02-08-2007, 04:46 AM

702 posts, read 2,525,476 times
I want proof that these quotes are valid!! Date, time, place, name of recipient of His wisdom, list of others present, mother's maiden name, number of pets, and at least one valid credit card number w/ expiration date.

Oh, and any medication Mr. Rush was under the influence of that day...with proof of prescription...

Okay that's enough sarcasm...but really gizmo980, why did you make up all these quotes? I really do wonder why someone would suspect you of making them up and try to ask you for proof...anyway, I believe in their validity mainly because it sounds so much like him. And of course I wouldn't question your integrity gizmo...

Old 02-08-2007, 04:49 AM

1,697 posts, read 3,481,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Okay, just to prove my point, here are some RECENT Rush quotes...

"I mean, why didn't these morons leave New Orleans before the hurricane? I'll tell you why: because they wanted to rape and loot! That's just the way some people are! And if they're black--if the rapists and looters are black--it's not George Bush's fault! We've had these problems ever since the Emancipation Proclamation. Once the whites leave town, all you've got is overwhelming lawlessness. That's not racism, Mr. Snerdley; it's a proven, demonstrable fact. Have you even seen a ghetto in Greenwich, Connecticut? I rest my case." [12 September 2005]

"They oughtta change Black History Month to Black Progress Month and start measuring it." [27 February 2006]

"I'm going to tell you, what's good for al-Qaeda is good for the Democratic Party in this country today. That's how you boil this down. And it doesn't have to be al-Qaeda. What's good for terrorists is good for John Kerry. All you got to do is check the way they react." [15 March 2004]

"We're not sexists, we're chauvinists -- we're male chauvinist pigs, and we're happy to be because we think that's what men were destined to be. We think that's what women want." [15 April 2004]

"Liberal talk radio is nothing more than a pimple on the rear end of a pig." [19 May 2006]

"On the Democrats: "In their hearts and minds and their crotches, they don't have any problem with what Foley did. They've defended it over the -- over the years." Limbaugh Radio Oct 2, 2006

"I don't care if they're Republican liberals or Democrat liberals, they're still liberals. They're not "moderates." Don't hit me with that. There's no such thing as a moderate. A moderate is just a liberal disguise, and they are doing everything they can to derail the conservative agenda, and they've been frustrated, they haven't been able to do anything about it because conservatism has been so strong. This propaganda attack on the president has weakened him." [11 November 2005]

"Hugo, Cesar--whatever. A Chavez is a Chavez. We've always had problems with them." [26 March 2004]

And here are some audio quotes, if you want to hear it straight from the horse's mouth - http://mediamatters.org/issues_topics/people/rushlimbaugh (broken link)

Enough for you??
Most of those quotes are at least a year old. Can't you find anything more recent than that?

Old 02-08-2007, 04:53 AM

702 posts, read 2,525,476 times
Freeze! It's the quote police!

Old 02-08-2007, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsluvr8 View Post
I want proof that these quotes are valid!! Date, time, place, name of recipient of His wisdom, list of others present, mother's maiden name, number of pets, and at least one valid credit card number w/ expiration date.

Oh, and any medication Mr. Rush was under the influence of that day...with proof of prescription...

Okay that's enough sarcasm...but really gizmo980, why did you make up all these quotes? I really do wonder why someone would suspect you of making them up and try to ask you for proof...anyway, I believe in their validity mainly because it sounds so much like him. And of course I wouldn't question your integrity gizmo...
LOL... wish I was that creative, to come up with all of those on my own! You know why they questioned it? Either they even have trouble believing that crap, or they're just trying to shift attention from the real issues. Typical.

Old 02-08-2007, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
Most of those quotes are at least a year old. Can't you find anything more recent than that?
LOL... btw, did you notice I even included video & audio clips?? I'd like to see them try & discredit those too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies