Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 01:56 PM

1,247 posts, read 929,086 times

Advertisements

No, you give credit to the baby boomers for discoveries made under the watch of the WWII generation. The baby boomers have been in power for 15 years, not 50.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:13 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,288,314 times
I'm sorry, I'm a baby boomer and damned proud of it. Our generation did not create all the problems of the earth and, I'm sorry, but I don't see any generation stepping up and solving them. My husband and I have worked hard for many years and, yes, we are retiring at 55 and 52 respectively. I'm sorry if that ruffles your feathers.

Oh, and tell Bill Gates that he's not a baby boomer and he has not contributed to things that are good with the world.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:32 PM

177 posts, read 685,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
No, you give credit to the baby boomers for discoveries made under the watch of the WWII generation. The baby boomers have been in power for 15 years, not 50.
I didn't credit them with the discoveries but I do credit their generation with many of the advances that we have seen in recent years. Computer technology was nowhere near as powerful and affordable 20 years ago. Their have been many advances in medicine and drugs to help victims of many illnesses in the last few years. Cancer is not always a death sentence anymore.
I could go on but I don't think anything that I say will change your mind.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:40 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,288,314 times
You're right, Watson. When someone has a prejudice against a group of people, there's no reasoning with them. I don't know why I added to it, other than I was just so steamed.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:55 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,146,517 times
I wonder how old you are?

I also wonder if you are young enough, if you're parents might be what you define as "baby boomers?"

And thirdly, and most importantly, you should take a good long look in the mirror and watch those angry creases form around your mouth.

Quote:
It's certainly complicated. And I would not have gone off topic to this extent, if it were not requested by other posters.

From my perspective, everything baby boomers touch is defiled. They ruin everything.

Old 02-05-2007, 03:10 PM

17,569 posts, read 39,232,915 times
Those little red frownie-faces make me laugh!

Oh, and I am a proud BOOMER!!!!

Old 02-05-2007, 03:54 PM

1,247 posts, read 929,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I wonder how old you are?

I also wonder if you are young enough, if you're parents might be what you define as "baby boomers?"

And thirdly, and most importantly, you should take a good long look in the mirror and watch those angry creases form around your mouth.
Young enough that yes, my parents are baby boomers, too.

gypsychic, are you proud of the world that your generation is leaving your children? I wouldn't be, if I were you.

Old 02-05-2007, 04:07 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,071,943 times
Quote:
Young enough that yes, my parents are baby boomers, too.

gypsychic, are you proud of the world that your generation is leaving your children? I wouldn't be, if I were you.
Leaving
We were left with an interesting world ourselves. Each generation has its challenges.
We had the Cold War, then Vietnam, civil rights/segregation issues.

The way of life the females in your generation take for granted is courtesy of the Boomers.
Do you know what Title IX is?

Did you have to kiss your a** goodbye in nuclear war drills all through elementary school? I sure did.
It will be interesting to see what your generation does. I've got a 23 year old in grad school and he sure isn't complaining about his lot in life. He's ready to rumble and will do whatever he can to make it.
This is really getting completely off topic, and I apologize to the mods and ask that it be moved. I am sorry, I don't mean to be a problem!

Old 02-05-2007, 06:11 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,377,168 times
Born in 1961, I was always at the tail end of the boomer generation. It meant that they bought up everything in front of me. I always got to the window and the woman pulled down the shade and it said, "Closed."

Just found out it happened, again.

I'm so tired of it.

I thought I was finally ahead of the curve but I wasn't. Where is there left to go?

Sorry to be so maudlin, guys. Having a very bad day.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:25 PM

944 posts, read 3,852,482 times
A baby boomer - to me - is one who demands a a full refund at a store for a partially used product. They then get mad at "Ted" when they call customer service because "Ted" has a thick Indian accent. And lastly, the boomer does not understand why his/her offspring had to move to get a job. The Boomers do not see the connectedness of it all. And lastly, lastly, sorry, everyone gets old and it sucks. Those psychedelic retirement fund ads make me laugh: yes, you ARE redefining retirement... by denying that you have a hard time with the stairs.

To Boomers, from Muggy, with love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies