Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 06:35 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the laugh, Muggy.

The Dennis Hopper commercials kill me.

My mother-in-law chases guys around that are her son's age. Maybe that is where all this tacky, mindless consumption comes from. They are still trying to prove that they are hip?

Old 02-05-2007, 06:36 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Or maybe it is just "bad acid from Woodstock" flashbacks?

Old 02-05-2007, 08:05 PM

1,307 posts, read 5,504,271 times
You're wasting your time, folks -- LeavingFlorida05 has publicly admitted in another thread that he makes disruptive posts just to amuse himself -- the perfect definition of an internet troll. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and treated him as a responsible poster, and he shoved it in my face. I will no longer be feeding that troll.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:39 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,294,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
Did you have to kiss your a** goodbye in nuclear war drills all through elementary school? I sure did.
Nah, we just have to live in an every day reality that at any moment the bus we are on may detonate, or the mall we are shopping in might explode... We don't understand fear these days...

Old 02-05-2007, 09:04 PM

17 posts, read 23,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
Each day they are fewer of them. So that's a plus. I just don't want the baby boomers causing any more problems for my children (their grandchildren). They've caused enough already.
My my leavingflorida you seem to be a bit bitter. I am of the same generation as you.. As I see it OUR generation has done nothing to help this planet. I see twenty somethings and thirty somethings driving the big SUV's, expecially the Hummer, I see litter, low voter turnout, more violence in our kids, I see us doing NOTHING to help the economy, the energy crisis or the world.. We are a generation of apathy, at least our parents did something about problems. They didnt wish the death of the previous generation. We need to clean up this planet and do something about our problems..What have you done to improve your space?

Old 02-06-2007, 02:07 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
Well said mntborn.

Muggy
I do see the connectedness of it all yet feel that I can santimoniously pat myself on the back because like PSLOldtimer, we have our occasional splurges, but we don't live large--never have. But I hear what you're saying. What with globalization and corporate ethics (or the lack thereof), the information age, etc--many are more worried about foreign business competitors than foreign terrorists. I do think that in the long run, it will shake out okay. Kind of like our situation: we've been given a few lemons and we're trying to make lemonade these days.

This tangent that the thread has gone on has actually been very enlightening.

Last edited by BlueWillowPlate; 02-06-2007 at 02:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies