Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 08:59 PM

702 posts, read 2,524,970 times

Advertisements

Man, we were having a little teary moment with the quote, then hate came bursting back into the room. It was nice while it lasted...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2007, 09:04 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,332,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsluvr8 View Post
Man, we were having a little teary moment with the quote, then hate came bursting back into the room. It was nice while it lasted...
There is nothing hateful in my post. They are legitimate questions.

Did you actually see hate?

Old 02-08-2007, 09:10 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
You know, "getting to know" some of you all has made me wish we lived closer together- how much nicer it would be to live among so many like-minded people. But, in reality, it's good that we are scattered, as that way we can do more to influence that peace and equality thing!
I think a lot of us feel the same way. Maybe we'll only unite across the internet -- but the more of us there are -- the stronger the net is going to be!

Gizmo and I (two white chicks in California) have already said that we feel everyone should be treated equally. We don't believe that you can't have white and blacks in the same commercials, that white and blacks don't eat dinner together, that little whilte girls don't have sleepovers with little black girls. We believe that all the races mix together and do things. This is how it is where we live.

I feel really bad that some areas of the country are so small-mnded that they can't accept anything but whites with whites and blacks with blacks and who knows what they do with the rest?!?!?!

Maybe we should form our own little diversification group? People who like people?

In reality, it would be nicer if we were all closer together because we could, perhaps, enact some change. On the other hand -- we don't have that luxury -- but it's nice to know others feel like you do.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
There is nothing hateful in my post. They are legitimate questions.

Did you actually see hate?
Not you...it's not about you this time, let someone else have the spotlight.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:24 PM

I wanna be in the club!!!!

Old 02-08-2007, 09:25 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I think a lot of us feel the same way. Maybe we'll only unite across the internet -- but the more of us there are -- the stronger the net is going to be!

Gizmo and I (two white chicks in California) have already said that we feel everyone should be treated equally. We don't believe that you can't have white and blacks in the same commercials, that white and blacks don't eat dinner together, that little whilte girls don't have sleepovers with little black girls. We believe that all the races mix together and do things. This is how it is where we live.

I feel really bad that some areas of the country are so small-mnded that they can't accept anything but whites with whites and blacks with blacks and who knows what they do with the rest?!?!?!

Maybe we should form our own little diversification group? People who like people?

In reality, it would be nicer if we were all closer together because we could, perhaps, enact some change. On the other hand -- we don't have that luxury -- but it's nice to know others feel like you do.

In an effort to find more like me where I live, I put together a multicultural meetup group on the meetup site and sent e-mails to people I know here asking them to forward them to their friends. I also posted it on this site in the Jacksonville forum. The only reply was a woman in NY who is moving here.

I interviewed a Mulsim woman to watch my kids after school and as she was leaving, she told me that she was Muslim. I asked her if it would be a problem for her that I had liquor in the house. 'Oh no", she said, "I just wanted you to know because some people don't like that." I literally cried when I closed the door.

Incidents like this, and there have been several since moving to Jacksonville, make me rage inside and ask "Where is my America?" My 75 year old mother was spat upon while holding a Kerry sign on the side of the road! I mean, what is going on?

That's why connecting with the outer world of folks - I just found this site a month ago- is like a lifeline in many ways.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:28 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,366,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Well, Muslims don't believe in the same god for sure. They believe in Allah who was a moon god, one of many gods in the Arabian pantheon in ancient times. Allah was never the name for "God", Allah was always the name of the pagan moon god. Muhammad simply had a Joseph Smith moment and suddenly declared all other gods dead and exalted the moon god Allah and declared that his vision was that Allah was the supreme god... nice little promotion. It's just been accepted as a general term for "God", but they are not the same. Allah is not Jehovah.
Allah isn't a Triune god. Muslims consider the Christian concept of God blasphemous. They also do not believe Jesus is God.
Since Christians believe that God is a Triune God, but one God who is everlasting and always was and always will be and is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, (and God Himself tells us in the Bible who He is), then Allah cannot be Jehovah. It's pretty obvious.
Wow, where did you get all this false information? Muslims believe Allah is the same God as Christians and Jews but that the Muhammed was the final prophet. Yes, they don’t view Jesus as the “son” of god but as another prophet. However not sure where you got any of that information, Jerry Falwell or Pat Robertson? It’s just riddled with false statements that you would hear from those evangalist that of course try to discredit any other religion without looking deeply into their own.

So actualy yes, same God, different message which follows a different set of beliefs. I recommend that anyone who reads your statement, or mine for that matter, look up the information on their own to see who is more right.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:34 PM

Thumbs up Does anyone here see the irony...

that Ted Haggard has brought us all together in what ultimately reinforces our resolve to change the world?

And to that, may we all say................ amen!

Old 02-08-2007, 09:34 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,332,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsluvr8 View Post
Not you...it's not about you this time, let someone else have the spotlight.
My bad sprtsluvr8. I need to stop smoking this stuff. It's true what they say...it does get you paranoid.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
My bad sprtsluvr8. I need to stop smoking this stuff. It's true what they say...it does get you paranoid.
Yet another reason that I wish we were living closer together- LOL!

THAT'S A JOKE FOR THOSE WAITING TO POUNCE......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies