Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 01:02 PM

345 posts, read 466,682 times

Advertisements

Our young children will read in history books about the corrosive climate of the Bush II years. The theory that a country's leaders set the tone for the nation seems to have panned out as accurate again. Elect fools, expect to live with the outcomes. "Daddy, did you and mommy vote for that Bush fellow back in the old days?" The sound of dead silence, followed by daddy thinking, "Yeah, we voted for those incompetent fools twice." Guess that graduate degree did not make you any wiser, huh dad? To the 51% who hastened our downfall - thanks idiots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 01:06 PM

973 posts, read 2,228,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria Rhodes View Post
Our young children will read in history books about the corrosive climate of the Bush II years. The theory that a country's leaders set the tone for the nation seems to have panned out as accurate again. Elect fools, expect to live with the outcomes. "Daddy, did you and mommy vote for that Bush fellow back in the old days?" The sound of dead silence, followed by daddy thinking, "Yeah, we voted for those incompetent fools twice." Guess that graduate degree did not make you any wiser, huh dad? To the 51% who hastened our downfall - thanks idiots.
And we can thank the 53% idiots that voted for Clinton both times as well. Ignorance is bliss. As soon as you come to grips that both parties have brought America to where we are today, you'll understand how bad they both are.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:10 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times
Quote:
It's sad your outlook is so sour. Your children will read about GWB doing some thinks that didn't turn out so good, and a lot of things he did that were very good.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:11 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
You have a lot of faith in our children. At the rate we're going, I doubt many of them will develop critical thinking skills. We will be lucky if they refuse to fall for fear mongering.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:25 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
Hahahaha.... Bush was a bad choice but you are arrogant to say that you have NEVER made a mistake before... Republicans will pick Republicans and you will have good candidates as well as bad candidates... Democrats will pick Democrats and you will have good candidates as well as bad candidates... or are you too myopic to see that? If we didn't pick Bush we would have Gore? I rather have Bush even after I knew how bad he was because Gore would of been WORSE.... If I had to pick between Kerry and Bush... duh, look at how creepy Edwards was, that dirtbag... I rather have Bush... so yeah, when you put two losers on the stage... I pick the lesser of the loser... just like we have two losers on the stage on, Obama and McCain... what a choice... even though I "like" Obama more, I am voting for McCain now for my own reasons...

Old 09-16-2008, 01:25 PM

193 posts, read 407,855 times
Quote:

You would be miserable no matter who is the president. Remember who the other candidate was? Bush II was/is still a better option.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:27 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times
I can't imagine a kid calling anyone an idiot. not with our educational system.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:33 PM

23,854 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
I'm glad to see that you're doing your part to help bridge the political divide we have in this country. It's refreshing to see someone that's so willing to accept that there can be differences of opinion, but at the end of the day, we're all still Americans.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:37 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfjtm View Post
As soon as you come to grips that both parties have brought America to where we are today, you'll understand how bad they both are.
For whom 99% voted. But not me. I abstain.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:39 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
Have you ever noticed if you get into a conversation with your grandparents a lot of the time you will learn things extremely contradictory of what you learned in school. Or after you grew up and got out of school you may have read some books outside of the school library which clued you in to some deeper truths of history. I think our children learn exactly what the government, which essentially runs our educational system, wants them to learn regardless of its true validity. We won't have kids reading about the wrongs of the Bush administration, they will read how we were attacked and the great President Bush waged war against terrorists. It will be portrayed as a great American fight against tyranny and your kids will probably even argue with you about the very history you experienced! Whether or not you think this was a just war, it was truly fought for the wrong reasons with support solely based on fictitious statements and evidence. Iraq was not about terrorism. But the history books your kids read in US History or Civics will not bear that story. They will have to learn some of the harder facts from their elders and from books independent of government approval. And when they do, I am sure they will feel much like we have probably all felt at one time or another when it came to dealing with sugar coated history lessons. Betrayed.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 10-21-2008 at 12:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies