Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 06:26 AM

495 posts, read 747,845 times

Advertisements

Decades of overspending and borrowing has put the United States on the threshold of a financial collapse. In the video below, Rep. Ron Paul of Texas speaks on the House floor and predicts that Americans will lose their liberty as a result of this meltdown — if quick action is not taken, and taken now!

Video
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 07:12 AM

2,667 posts, read 6,777,279 times
Ron Paul is awesome.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:22 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
but we will retain our liberty to starve in any hovel of our choice. PR is a fool.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:55 PM

564 posts, read 892,319 times
700 bases in 130 countries! This is ridiculous, reckless and 100 other words I am not going to type. 1 Trillion dollars for military and foreign aid! Giving Billions to countries (I can think of one in particular) to kill and maim their neighbor while the media never reports the truth, but sways public opinion to back these monsters.

Does everyone comprehend what is going on? We are _____. Royally. Do you understand that? While your debating two idiots, you let one of the greatest men leave the race. Why? A politician (and a doctor I might ad) who actually supports freedom and the constitution. I'm convinced majority of Americans are either drunks or insane.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:59 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
No, they just want change to come easy and in a pretty package. Nobody wants to hear about personal responsibility, nobody wants to make the tough choices needed to implement real change. Insane or drunks? Nope. But they do resemble children who expect Santa to deliver on Christmas even if they have been very naughty throughout the year.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:04 PM

654 posts, read 1,210,341 times
Too many Americans today want the government to take care of them and their every want and desire. This is why Paul didn't win the primaries. He has been speaking the truth all along. The problem isn't that most Americans are stupid, it is that they are greedy and short sighted and want the government to take care of them and give them handouts (other people's money) when they make mistakes. People knew exactly what he was saying yet didn't want to give up their little piece of the government, tax payer funded pie.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:23 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,411,052 times
Thats the ONLY man who should be considered for the Presidency.
Shame on our Republican party for choosing McCain over Paul.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:34 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fp1978 View Post
Too many Americans today want the government to take care of them and their every want and desire. This is why Paul didn't win the primaries. He has been speaking the truth all along. The problem isn't that most Americans are stupid, it is that they are greedy and short sighted and want the government to take care of them and give them handouts (other people's money) when they make mistakes. People knew exactly what he was saying yet didn't want to give up their little piece of the government, tax payer funded pie.
I couldn't agree more. Ron Paul was the answer to my prayers and the answer to fixing all that is wrong in America. I want it on record that I did not vote for any of the sheeple's selections and will write Ron Paul in on election day.

It infuriates me that the American people have learned absolutely zero since the selection of Senor Boosh.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:27 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Too bad for American. Ron Paul "might" have been able to do something.

I'm writing in Ron Paul as well.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:34 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,714,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Too bad for American. Ron Paul "might" have been able to do something.

I'm writing in Ron Paul as well.
Unfortunately here in Texas that means it won't count. You had to apply to be accepted on the write-in, and that deadline has passed.

I would suggest finding a third party candidate that best matches your values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies