Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 10:31 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsluvr8 View Post
If it looks like a duck, sounds like duck, smells like a duck...it's probably racism. Denial is a pleasant place to live, but it doesn't change reality. Attempting to insult me as professional won't change reality either. I can't even take your insult seriously since you don't know anything about me other than that one posting.
You just called me a racist in denial and I'm insulting YOU?

rotflmao

....and I think you live on a duck farm. I've seen you point the finger at just about everyone who doesn't agree with the racism that positively affects blacks. Keep the finger extended, but stand in front of the mirror. Just because one is black, that doesn't absolve them from being a racist.

-TT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2007, 04:23 AM

196 posts, read 768,084 times
Of course there is racism and I've said that on another thread. Look at it this way in fifty more years color won't make the difference. The world is changing and with millions of Hispanics coming into the country there will be a definite change in fifty more years so relax. It's called change and the USA IS changing. Just live your daily life and stop worrying about what others think and feel about you. Be there,Be kind and Be gone. Also don't expect people from other cultures and races to be accepting of you. The world is a beautiful place to be. Find your own happiness and stop whinning about 400 years ago.

Old 02-24-2007, 05:39 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,344,593 times
As he said we all live here and share this place as our home. As Americans. Our kids are becoming color blind. its no more my right or my home than any other American.(I like to mess around about my state sometimes, but its just to see what someone will say).

My thoughts are they're doing better and finding more acceptance and relocating out of the inner cities. Thats great and I hope the barriers come down altogether. I thought about it a lot and it bothered me many, many times. We still have a lot of other people and cultures. We have the illegals here now in massive numbers. We could end up with a similiar problem if they isolate themselves and dont get an education or good paying jobs.

Old 02-24-2007, 06:20 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,746,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmann101 View Post

I'm not asking you all to go out and celebrate Black History Month, but atleast respect it and not make it out to be a ploy of some type of racism toward whites.
Why not? If there were a white history month designated I'd bet money it would be turned into a ploy of some type of racism toward blacks. There would be an uproar and it would be done away with.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:41 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,169,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Why not? If there were a white history month designated I'd bet money it would be turned into a ploy of some type of racism toward blacks. There would be an uproar and it would be done away with.
As I said in another thread (or was it this one ), in theory, I'm all for Italian History Month, Irish History Month, etc. I think the parades and festivals held to show pride for various European ethnicities are a cool thing. As a black person, I'd love to be able to enjoy a Senegalese Pride Parade, a Sudanese Pride Parade, etc... except that, unlike the majority of Europeans, the ability for me to trace back my history is severely hampered by the primarily involuntary circumstances under which my ancestors arrived. So the next best thing is Black History Month.

Old 02-24-2007, 07:50 PM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post
As I said in another thread (or was it this one ), in theory, I'm all for Italian History Month, Irish History Month, etc. I think the parades and festivals held to show pride for various European ethnicities are a cool thing. As a black person, I'd love to be able to enjoy a Senegalese Pride Parade, a Sudanese Pride Parade, etc... except that, unlike the majority of Europeans, the ability for me to trace back my history is severely hampered by the primarily involuntary circumstances under which my ancestors arrived. So the next best thing is Black History Month.
Well stated, sir. I agree with you 100%.

Tragically, most African Americans cannot trace their ancestry back beyond the 1800s (for obvious reasons). Their heritage is very much as African Americans, and that's why Black History Month is a good thing. It reminds all of us of the great contributions the African American people have made to this country.

Old 02-24-2007, 07:53 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,169,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Well stated, sir. I agree with you 100%.

Tragically, most African Americans cannot trace their ancestry back beyond the 1800s (for obvious reasons). Their heritage is very much as African Americans, and that's why Black History Month is a good thing. It reminds all of us of the great contributions the African American people have made to this country.
Thank you Mark!

Old 02-24-2007, 10:43 PM

702 posts, read 2,525,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
That's an argument that is commonly voiced by Skinhead and White Supremist groups. I would be very proud of my convictions matching up with hate groups.

Old 02-24-2007, 10:59 PM

5 posts, read 9,815 times
Default fact of life

Quote:
Obivously their is some closeted predjudice people on this board, because for the past few weeks their has been quite a few posts talking about how blacks bring negative things to our communities. I just don't understand all the negativity on this board lately! Yes, I know "SOME" blacks happen to have a bad reputation and do negative things, but to pretty much critcize our culture and style is wrong! I do believe we deserve a Black History much because all the things our ancestors and people have suffered back than, but it is not only celebrating our heritage but also honoring the people and heros who risked their lives and lost their lives to try and change the worlds view on African Americans (that includes white people as well who helped make a difference). I've notice people sit and say how much they hate "racism", but you keep giving the word more power when you criticize onces culture and way of life.

I'm not asking you all to go out and celebrate Black History Month, but atleast respect it and not make it out to be a ploy of some type of racism toward whites.
It does sadden us all when that statement is made , but theren is still some valididty to it . fix that and you wont here he pulled the race card on a job any more. think about it history is history there is no white history. so why profile people? be the first to end the hanging curve!

Old 02-24-2007, 11:15 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,333,584 times
Quote:
So can whites so don't try to start blaming all of your problems on blacks.
Lol. You don't like it when vile and ignorant statements are thrown around about blacks, right? Think about that when you speak about Hispanics (illegals) (I've seen your posts, "Hispanic Teachers", etc...)

For a young black kid, you seem awfully obessed with illegals.

Concentrate in school buddy.

The worst thing one can do is be a part of an oppressed group and help oppress another.

Know your role, kid.

Last edited by PrettyHateMachine; 02-24-2007 at 11:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies