Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 09:17 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,609,037 times

Advertisements

When is Arizona going to do something about Colorado City? How is it that the police there enforce the laws of the FLDS rather than the laws of the State?

"A man who found a kitten encased in concrete at his home fears it was sent as a threat from a polygamist Mormon sect. The tiny cat was discovered alive but audibly in pain, inside a tube in the back yard of Isaac Wyler, a former member of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Andrew Chatwin, who has also abandoned the FLDS, claimed it was intended as a warning to Mr Wyler to stop speaking out against the church."

"When he reported the apparent abuse to a Colorado City sheriff who is allegedly a member of the FLDS, he received little help. 'He kind of chuckled and laughed a little bit and then he said that if it was up to him, he'd just throw dirt on it,' Mr Chatwin told Right This Minute."

If this is the way that animals can be treated, I can only imagine the tormented lives of some of those living within this cult.

WARNING: Upsetting pictures of the kitten are included in the link below.

Read more: Man who abandoned polygamist Mormon cult finds kitten encased in concrete in back yard 'as threat from sect leaders' | Mail Online

"Arizona lawmakers have rejected a revived proposal to allow Mohave County officials to abolish the police department in a northern Arizona community with a polygamist enclave. "Attorney General Tom Horne had championed the bill.He said Colorado City officers, who are members of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, flout the law and, whenever one is removed, he is simply replaced by other followers of imprisoned FLDS leader Warren Jeffs."

Colorado City police bill again fails in Arizona House | The Salt Lake Tribune
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 12:08 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,608,410 times

Colorado City, Arizona - YouTube

Old 07-10-2012, 12:20 PM

477 posts, read 365,349 times
How about we just leave them the hell alone? Sounds good to me. There are idiots in every group of people including that one as well. I believe 100% in polygamy. I would never do it myself but I believe in people's right to choose for themselves.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:26 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponDad View Post
How about we just leave them the hell alone? Sounds good to me. There are idiots in every group of people including that one as well. I believe 100% in polygamy. I would never do it myself but I believe in people's right to choose for themselves.
So, abusing animals is just fine in your book?
Sad.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:34 PM

477 posts, read 365,349 times
Nope. Like I said there are idiots in every book. Would I send in an army of feds over it? No.But I seriously doubt the cops in the town are going to try real hard to find the criminal(s) who did it.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:39 PM

593 posts, read 1,411,966 times
I saw the video, it's shocking. I hope it goes viral. But I think it might not. People who abuse animals do not care about life, it is a symptom of a larger problem in their society that inferior species (animals, women...) are just tools for them to use in their life like a hammer or a screwdriver. Actually, I bet they take better care of their hammer or screwdriver and put it away so it doesn't rust or get lost. They are just loonies and that's why they get a town out in the middle of nowhere to practice their craziness.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:51 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,608,410 times
The video was interesting, yes, but "shocking"? Nah.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:52 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Quote:
Nope. Like I said there are idiots in every book. Would I send in an army of feds over it? No.But I seriously doubt the cops in the town are going to try real hard to find the criminal(s) who did it.
Considering that the sheriff is one of those people, I rather doubt it, too.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:58 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,609,037 times
Quote:
Does this sound like everyone in Colorado City has the right to choose for themselves?

"Police in Colorado City, Arizona, ignore laws and remain loyal to convicted pedophile and polygamist prophet Warren Jeffs. Called “The most corrupt police agency in America”, these cops carry out Jeffs orders which include taking away wives and children from members kicked out of the FLDS church by Jeffs. The Arizona Legislature took up a bill to dissolve the police department and end corruption. The Senate passed the bill but it failed to pass in the House for being unconstitutional and unfair since situation is changing in the FLDS community."

AC360: @GaryTuchmanCNN: FLDS cops still run Warren Jeffs' old town – CNN Press Room - CNN.com Blogs

Old 07-10-2012, 01:07 PM

593 posts, read 1,411,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
The video was interesting, yes, but "shocking"? Nah.

I watched the video where they are purposely and steadily working to free the kitten, chipping away at the concrete with a hammer as it's mewing in pain and it is shocking. If you don't think so, I worry for humanity.

Saddest Cat Rescue 2012 - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies