Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 10:36 AM

690 posts, read 1,015,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Well PEW is obviously biased...FOX news is by far the most widely watched news network. Why do you suppose that is? Because they are biased? I dont think so...because they are what they say..."Fair and balanced"

No because Fox is ENTERTAINING!!! (Gatta love all that "extra stuff" )
Plus hard core dems like to look at what the other side is talking about. The hard core cons don't like to see the other side. Hence higher ratings for FOX.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 10:46 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,424 times
Quote:
Well PEW is obviously biased...FOX news is by far the most widely watched news network. Why do you suppose that is? Because they are biased? I dont think so...because they are what they say..."Fair and balanced"
Saying fair and balanced regarding FOX is like saying
CNN isn't left leaning. That it is the most widely watched network disturbs the beejesus out of me but it does explain a lot about why the American people are misinformed on many issues.

In March of this year at the Human Rights Council in Geneva there was an amendment proposed by Cuba with respect to journalism which urged journalists to report in a "fair and balanced manner". What do you think they meant by that? Really fair and balanced or fair and balanced in regards to what they say is fair and balanced? One could argue that they learned a lot from Bush and co.

On a side note there was another admendment by Pakistan on behalf of the Organization of the Islamic Conference examining abuses by individuals of freedom of expression that turned freedom of speech on its head which passed (as did the other). We could have stopped said amendment had we been more involved in the HRC instead of deciding to take our ball and go home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
All news services should have a disclaimer. They are all biased. If they are biased in the same way you are, you don't mind and call them fair. If they are biased in a way you don't like you call them "faux".
No, we call them faux news because there have been many times over the last 8 years where we turned the channel on and they were reporting stories that were patently false. There have also been occasions where the WH would give them some statement or another which they would then report as the absolute truth even though there were numerous reports and evidence that contradicted whatever the WH had said.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:49 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,703,829 times
I watched this morning, Fox really should get out of the closet.
What I watched was a news channel that is blatantly republican.
I did have a good laugh though watching that slack jawed idiot from Wasilla telling greta how ready palin was to be the VP.
I don't care who wins. but fox is about as fair and balanced as the Idiot Sean Hannity.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:51 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,626,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
I think CNN tends to be somewhat unbiased.

CNN is teh most trusted name in news according to a PEW research poll, Fox is in last(9th place)
Ha, Ha! You can't be the most trusted and the least watched, you buffoon.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:52 AM

454 posts, read 748,711 times
I think the whole media should have a disclaimer.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:53 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,626,526 times
Fox News is one of the few news organizations in the country that actually let both sides speak to an issue.

The only reason you don't like Fox is it lends an ear to both sides, and you are irritated at hearing both sides, since you are intolerant.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:54 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
I think CNN tends to be somewhat unbiased. They have democrats who give political commentary, and Jack Cafferty is an obvious Dem, but otherwise, Wolf Blitzer and the like seem unphased by one party or another.

CNN is teh most trusted name in news according to a PEW research poll, Fox is in last(9th place)
CNN is to the liberal side as Fox is to the conservative side. Unbiased my arse...

BBC is probably your best source.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:57 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
No, the reason Faux is the most watched is because they appeal to the lowest common denominator among us... ignorant rednecks. The same folks who put Bush in office twice and still believe Iraq had something to do with 9/11. They are a stain upon our country.
Let me guess.....you must be a hollywood loving, America hating, liberal...am I right?

Old 09-20-2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Ha, Ha! You can't be the most trusted and the least watched, you buffoon.

Read that again...your post makes no sense!
You can be a trusted network and not get a lot of viewers! Do you really think people watch the news for the NEWS or for some of the entertainment factor?

I think you may be the "buffoon"...

Old 09-20-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Let me guess.....you must be a hollywood loving, America hating, liberal...am I right?
Can I ask a question totally off topic?

Why can't a liberal not love his country? (I certainly do!)
Why must a liberal love Hollywood? (I am not a movie watcher...I prefer motor sports myself)

And I am a liberal by most standards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies