Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 10:38 PM

2 posts, read 3,013 times

Advertisements

Incredible... in this day and age and the crisis this country is facing people are still playing the race card. Black, White, Dem,Rep. We are all effected to some degree by this mess. The world is watching and waiting for us to return to our place of prominence. Don't be distracted by nonsense that's only designed to divide us!

Last edited by breh-3; 09-21-2008 at 10:39 PM.. Reason: grammar...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 10:38 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,764,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
Don't you get tired of your racist rants?
I never said I was "worried" you race baiter. You said that.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:44 PM

261 posts, read 621,676 times
Big Bear,

Congress HAD to approve that package. The President doesn't have the authority to do that on his own. So, for better or for worse, the Dems played a part.

Big Bear, you do seem to have a racist slant to your dialogue. Do you dislike minorities?

Old 09-21-2008, 10:46 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
These are new times. I'm going to wait to see what happens over the next few months before I decide to call the AIG/Baer Sterns bailouts 'entitlements'. I don't think they fit the definition of entitlement, more likely it wil fit under the definition of government subsidy - something that I'm not especially proud of. I'm not saying whatever Bush did was right, but at least it was ACTION. The Democrat controlled Congress was INACTIVE and took no ACTION whatsoever, and they showed NO LEADERSHIP when confronted by this financial crisis. O-Bomb-A was notably silent through all this....
Congress cannot do anything until there is a president in office that won't veto everything they propose. I think it is unfair to blame the democratic congress for anything related.. seeing as how this issue's roots go WAY beyond 2006. In fact the beginning of this whole economic slump happened before the Dems even got into congress...
It is a matter of failed policies.. and I don't think anyone one person or group is to blame.. . the system is corrupt and I hate to say it.. it has been caused by deregulation which has been a big part of the GOP over the past 20-30 years. Capitalism unchecked.. is greed unchecked. Big players in any market, without regulation get to make all the shots, with total disregard for how it effects everyone else. Whether we like to admit it or not goverment does and always has played an important role in keeping private enterprise in check for the greater good of the market, economy, and society.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:48 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,424,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers115 View Post
Same as whites....rich ones are for republicans, and hard working middle class ones are for democrats.

Yes some blacks collect a welfare check and vote democrat...but i have seen lazy whites who sit on welfare and vote republican...
Freedom of speech, sometimes not true but free...

Old 09-21-2008, 10:49 PM

382 posts, read 589,863 times
Quote:
I'll tell you! Blacks vote lock step with democrats because of the prospect of getting more money in the form of a welfare or some other form of "help me, I'm black" check. Any other reason why 93% of blacks vote democrat is along ideological lines, which means that blacks think that democrats undertand their supposed "plight".

Today, I helped a black couple cast off from Bayside marina in Miami (FL) today. They are undoubtedly Republicans - they own their own boat (34' Sea Ray) and they were going for a sunet cruise. They had two pounds of stone crab and a bottle of sparkling wine! How fun!!! Black yachtsmen!!! I love it!!! They were so nice! They are part of the 7% blacks who vote Republican... Hint, hint...... (Vote Republican if you are successful or you are a business owner, only *haters* vote Democrat because they are jealous because they don't have as much money as you...) GO BLACK REPUBLICANS!!!!
This is a bunch of BS. I'm a highly educated AA who makes somewhere between $110,00 to $125,00 a year. Most upper black folks (who look like Obama) vote Democratic. Why? Because of equality. That's why. These blacks are the first ones who can attest to seeing inequality in the corporate work place. We have to work 50 times harder than our white counterparts to even come close to getting any recognition. It's funny how the Republican's want to paint Obama as being "uppity" but lie about the "uppity" Negros supporting them. In yor dreams. We are not dumb or ignorant. This brings me to my favorite quote. "A white man's qreatest threat is an educated black man."

Old 09-21-2008, 10:49 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,764,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepthefaith View Post
Big Bear,

Congress HAD to approve that package. The President doesn't have the authority to do that on his own. So, for better or for worse, the Dems played a part.

Big Bear, you do seem to have a racist slant to your dialogue. Do you dislike minorities?
The president can do whatever he wants. He has more power than you think. It takes LEADERSHIP to get a package like that to sail through Congress like it did. He's the one who should get the credit for its passage - whether or not it turns out to be a good policy - only time will tell. At least it was ACTION.

I am a minority. How obtuse of you... But you did highlight my point.... You assumed I was white because I don't overwhelmingly support Obama or thet Democrats.

Razorback_06 ~ You have turned this forum too hostile. I haven't heard the word "uppity negro" for a long time, and I wish never to hear it again. It is one of the most divisive terms in this country, and you should be ashamed of what you said! I am calling you out! I hope this thread is terminated! It has been hijacked by ill spirited race baiters - Razorback!

Last edited by big mean bear; 09-21-2008 at 11:00 PM..

Old 09-21-2008, 10:53 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorback_06 View Post
This is a bunch of BS. I'm a highly educated AA who makes somewhere between $110,00 to $125,00 a year. Most upper black folks (who look like Obama) vote Democratic. Why? Because of equality. That's why. These blacks are the first ones who can attest to seeing inequality in the corporate work place. We have to work 50 times harder than our white counterparts to even come close to getting any recognition. It's funny how the Republican's want to paint Obama as being "uppity" but lie about the "uppity" Negros supporting them. In yor dreams. We are not dumb or ignorant. This brings me to my favorite quote. "A white man's qreatest threat is an educated black man."

Out of curiosity, where in Africa were you born? Who has mentioned uppity OTHER then black folk?

Old 09-21-2008, 10:56 PM
NWS

720 posts, read 1,645,912 times
Quote:
The president can do whatever he wants. He has more power than you think. It takes LEADERSHIP to get a package like that to sail through Congress like it did. He's the one who should get the credit for its passage - whether or not it turns out to be a good policy - only time will tell. At least it was ACTION.

I am a minority. How obtuse of you... But you did highlight my point.... You assumed I was white because I don't overwhelmingly support Obama or thet Democrats.
Well you have issues with Blacks and some Hispanics so who knows why race keeps coming out in so many of your posts

Old 09-21-2008, 10:59 PM
NWS

720 posts, read 1,645,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
Out of curiosity, where in Africa were you born? Who has mentioned uppity OTHER then black folk?
I think you can smell a racist thread a mile away "OG"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies