Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2008, 11:26 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepthefaith View Post
Wings: His mother passed away. She didn't "dump" him. But, I can read by your post that you are just baiting now, and not necessarily race baiting for conversation's sake. Especially the last sentence.

Wings: Would you ever vote for a minority candidate?

But she DID dump him, on Granny, she didn't die until he was an adult in his 30's.

Would I vote for a minority? Well, since I voted for this guy TWICE does that answer your question?
YouTube - Michael Steele outlines conservative ideas in Civitas speech
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 11:27 PM

382 posts, read 589,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
The president can do whatever he wants. He has more power than you think. It takes LEADERSHIP to get a package like that to sail through Congress like it did. He's the one who should get the credit for its passage - whether or not it turns out to be a good policy - only time will tell. At least it was ACTION.

I am a minority. How obtuse of you... But you did highlight my point.... You assumed I was white because I don't overwhelmingly support Obama or thet Democrats.

Razorback_06 ~ You have turned this forum too hostile. I haven't heard the word "uppity negro" for a long time, and I wish never to hear it again. It is one of the most divisive terms in this country, and you should be ashamed of what you said! I am calling you out! I hope this thread is terminated! It has been hijacked by ill spirited race baiters - Razorback!
Sorry to say I am no where near a racist. I just point out the facts. I LOVE WHITE PEOPLE TO DEATH JUST LIKE I LOVE BLACK PEOPLE. I have the same amount of white friends as black friends. Some of my best friends are white. I have been called "UPPITY" from both blacks and whites. I have been called bogey from both whites and blacks. Why? BECAUSE I DON'T PLAY IN THE STEREOTYPICAL IMAGE SOCIETY HAS PAINTED AA MEN. I empower myself to achieve for the best and not settle for less. Ok. Yesterday I was sick to my stomach when I saw the survey that clearly said "some white people would not for vote Obama because of his race." Are you serious? He is just as white as he is black. He was raised by his white side. Obama as president will be an amazing image to a lot of AA men that buy into the dumb stereotypes. And to sum up the stereotype of AA men in one sentence. Basically, they are all irresponsible childbearing low class thugs who would either end up in jail and the only way they can make is by either being durn good at a sport. Guess what? I fit none of that. Now, if you want me to send you the link of that report from yesterday of Obama race being the issue I will. I sugar code nothing. I "KEEP IT REAL."

Last edited by razorback_06; 09-21-2008 at 11:44 PM..

Old 09-21-2008, 11:28 PM
NWS

720 posts, read 1,645,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
No, I'm straight, honest. Race post???? What's the name of THIS thread and any other? How many racial threads have I started?
I never said you start them. You just find them and add your venom.
Like asking African Americans what part of Africa they are from, ect

Old 09-21-2008, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
I never said you start them. You just find them and add your venom.
Like asking African Americans what part of Africa they are from, ect

Again, the DIVISIVE hyphenated BS, I don't play that game and call it for what it is. Sorry bout that Chief, I'm an American first and foremost.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:32 PM

382 posts, read 589,666 times
Quote:
Sorry to disappoint you but I don't play the silly divisive hyphenated American name game, I'm an American that happens to be whatever........I was not born in Europe or Africa so I am NOT a European or African American like those who actually were.

As far as Dumbo goes, he is what he is. Half black and half white genetically and he happened to grow up white for the most part. His father and later his mother both dumped him, matter of history. I'm sure that has much to do with his flawed persona.
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King...

Old 09-21-2008, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorback_06 View Post
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King...
So you used his quote for your autobiography? How cunning!

Old 09-21-2008, 11:34 PM
NWS

720 posts, read 1,645,321 times
Quote:
Again, the DIVISIVE hyphenated BS, I don't play that game and call it for what it is. Sorry bout that Chief, I'm an American first and foremost.
Isn't it great we have freedom in America to identify ourselves as we please.
You don't need to believe it but you should respect it.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:34 PM

795 posts, read 2,297,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
When you ask a person who claims to be African American what part of Africa they are from
If they be wee folk they be Hott-En-Tots, If big and tall they be Zulu..:coo

http://www.drbilllong.com/CurrentEventsX/Hottentot.html

http://www.uiowa.edu/~africart/toc/people/Zulu.html

Old 09-21-2008, 11:35 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,107,710 times
I just hope and pray that my beloved black grandson NEVER meets some of the people on this forum or anyone like them. But, for myself, there are some folks here I'd LOVE to meet in person where I could be free to tell them my opinion of them with no holds barred. If people think that THEY are a big, bad, angry bear, then they have never seen an angry grandmother in defense of her grandchild.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:36 PM

261 posts, read 621,538 times
I agree with NWS.

Wings: So, what did Steele do to get your vote?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies