Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 12:46 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,305,149 times

Advertisements

Most forget and don't know Micheal Steel...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 01:03 AM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers115 View Post
Same as whites....rich ones are for republicans, and hard working middle class ones are for democrats.

Yes some blacks collect a welfare check and vote democrat...but i have seen lazy whites who sit on welfare and vote republican...
I don't think so. Just look at Bill gates, and also the most wealthy investors in the nation, and you will realize that most are Democrat. But I do agree with you about the second paragraph.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:05 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,305,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
I don't think so. Just look at Bill gates, and also the most wealthy investors in the nation, and you will realize that most are Democrat. But I do agree with you about the second paragraph.
As it looks now, if you are a DEM you are a Muslim!

Old 06-08-2009, 04:16 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
I'll tell you! Blacks vote lock step with democrats because of the prospect of getting more money in the form of a welfare or some other form of "help me, I'm black" check. Any other reason why 93% of blacks vote democrat is along ideological lines, which means that blacks think that democrats undertand their supposed "plight".

Today, I helped a black couple cast off from Bayside marina in Miami (FL) today. They are undoubtedly Republicans - they own their own boat (34' Sea Ray) and they were going for a sunet cruise. They had two pounds of stone crab and a bottle of sparkling wine! How fun!!! Black yachtsmen!!! I love it!!! They were so nice! They are part of the 7% blacks who vote Republican... Hint, hint...... (Vote Republican if you are successful or you are a business owner, only *haters* vote Democrat because they are jealous because they don't have as much money as you...) GO BLACK REPUBLICANS!!!!
More poor Blacks are Democrats for the same reason that more poor Whites are democrats. The Republican party is the party of "I'm on board. Pull up the ladder". They are the 'haves' and they want to keep what they have.

Democrats are the party of, "Hey, lets spread some of that wealth around. I want some". The are the 'not haves' and they want some of what the 'haves' have.

Pretty simple really.

- Reel

Old 06-08-2009, 04:29 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
More poor Blacks are Democrats for the same reason that more poor Whites are democrats. The Republican party is the party of "I'm on board. Pull up the ladder". They are the 'haves' and they want to keep what they have.

Democrats are the party of, "Hey, lets spread some of that wealth around. I want some". The are the 'not haves' and they want some of what the 'haves' have.

Pretty simple really.

- Reel
I don't know if it's that simple, Reel. My understanding is that the Democratic Party now can claim the best-educated voters. I'm not entirely sure about income, but I do know that according to the CNN Exit Polls, Obama won voters making over $200,000/year.

Local Exit Polls - Election Center 2008 - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

Old 06-08-2009, 04:42 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I don't know if it's that simple, Reel. My understanding is that the Democratic Party now can claim the best-educated voters. I'm not entirely sure about income, but I do know that according to the CNN Exit Polls, Obama won voters making over $200,000/year.

Local Exit Polls - Election Center 2008 - Elections & Politics from CNN.com
You may be right. I have another theory that the more educated you are the more liberal your thinking.

- Reel

Old 06-08-2009, 04:57 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
You may be right. I have another theory that the more educated you are the more liberal your thinking.
Yes. I do know that the better-educated a person is, the less likely he is to be afraid of the "other" (immigrants, gays, ethnic minorities, etc.).

Old 03-10-2012, 04:29 PM

160 posts, read 198,215 times
Most people on welfare are white.

Also, I have known far too many wealthy Democrats to buy for an instant the notion that Democrats vote Democrat because they want rich people's money themselves. (These are people who have earned their wealth themselves.)

The worst you can accuse them of is wanting some of rich people's money to be spent on the common good and not on luxuries for themselves. (Generally foreign made.)

I have some unusual advantages in coming from a working-class family on one side and a formerly *extremely* wealthy family on the other (the money was lost in a war). The latter votes Democrat. They are from a culture that still has a concept of noblesse oblige. And my grandfather was a self-made man who remembers his roots. I myself am a Democrat. I am a Democrat because, while I have never been in want myself, and likely never will be, and even if I were would work my way out of it (a luxury I have by virtue of a superb education), I do not want to live in a society that is the world's wealthiest and lets citizens die on the streets. That is shameful. There is no other word for it.
I also know that it is the working class that is the best of us. They are the ones who send their sons and daughters to fight our wars; they give a much higher proportion of their income to charity than the rich; and they work. By contrast I have never met more entitled, selfish, arrogant people than trust-fund kids. There are exceptions of course. But they really do think they are better than the rest of us because they were born to rich parents born to rich parents. That is not virtue, character, or integrity; that is the antithesis of democracy.
I am a Democrat because I understand that taxes are the price of civilization; there is no such thing as a free lunch. I do not mind paying the cost of civilization. And I have no love or respect for the rich who think their fifth Mercedes is more important than a child's hope for a decent education, because the Mercedes is theirs and the child is not. (I except self-made people. They are different.) THAT is greed.
Put another way, I am a Democrat because I am a Christian.
I am a patriot, I am descended from soldiers, I will never be on public assistance unless a refrigerator falls on my head; I also do not wish to live in a country that leaves its widows and orphans to die. God forbad it; and whatever else one may challenge in the Bible, that is sound.

Last edited by sywi; 03-10-2012 at 04:52 PM..

Old 03-10-2012, 04:35 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
I'll tell you! Blacks vote lock step with democrats because of the prospect of getting more money in the form of a welfare or some other form of "help me, I'm black" check. Any other reason why 93% of blacks vote democrat is along ideological lines, which means that blacks think that democrats undertand their supposed "plight".

Today, I helped a black couple cast off from Bayside marina in Miami (FL) today. They are undoubtedly Republicans - they own their own boat (34' Sea Ray) and they were going for a sunet cruise. They had two pounds of stone crab and a bottle of sparkling wine! How fun!!! Black yachtsmen!!! I love it!!! They were so nice! They are part of the 7% blacks who vote Republican... Hint, hint...... (Vote Republican if you are successful or you are a business owner, only *haters* vote Democrat because they are jealous because they don't have as much money as you...) GO BLACK REPUBLICANS!!!!

The funniest thing to observe is, telling the brainwashed race baiting Democrat, that Martin Luther King was a staunch Republican, as was his father. They will not believe you and then they call you filthy names.

Old 03-10-2012, 04:38 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,027,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The funniest thing to observe is, telling the brainwashed race baiting Democrat, that Martin Luther King was a staunch Republican, as was his father. They will not believe you and then they call you filthy names.
The funniest thing to observe is people bumping four year old worthless threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies