Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 06:15 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,164,635 times

Advertisements

Yes or No and why...

People following the Libby trial should know why I'm asking this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2007, 07:08 PM

I'll have to go first.

YES!!!!! Dick Cheney should be impeached. Congress should have started the effort YESTERDAY! He's so obviously guilty of exposing an undercover CIA agent that it's not funny! I don't care that he thinks he had the ability to declassify her name and job. He's an IDIOT! He deserves to be taken down!!!!!!

Write your senators and congressmen!!

Old 02-08-2007, 09:32 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,366,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
He's so obviously guilty of exposing an undercover CIA agent that it's not funny!
Remember though, the Congress of our generation will only start the impeachment process if you expose yourself, not another person.

Old 02-08-2007, 10:12 PM

922 posts, read 1,908,114 times
Since when are libs so worried about the CIA? impeach? NO. get agrip folks. Is this your big issue? was she killed or harmed in any way, dont give me the she could have been. Welcome to politics, are you that niaeve?

Old 02-09-2007, 04:57 AM

1,697 posts, read 3,480,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
Since when are libs so worried about the CIA? impeach? NO. get agrip folks. Is this your big issue? was she killed or harmed in any way, dont give me the she could have been. Welcome to politics, are you that niaeve?
So there you go- if someone, especially someone like the VPOTUS acts recklessly potentially putting someone's life in danger, as long as nothing actually DOES happen, then no one did anything wrong

Just FYI, that's considered treason. But, since she didn't actually get KILLED, it's no big deal, right?

Old 02-09-2007, 06:25 AM

986 posts, read 2,807,448 times
From what I hear she was not undercover...she was working in an office for the last 5 years....she was never in danger... Is that true or not?

Old 02-09-2007, 07:20 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,875,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I'll have to go first.

YES!!!!! Dick Cheney should be impeached. Congress should have started the effort YESTERDAY! He's so obviously guilty of exposing an undercover CIA agent that it's not funny! I don't care that he thinks he had the ability to declassify her name and job. He's an IDIOT! He deserves to be taken down!!!!!!

Write your senators and congressmen!!
Well then, if it's so obvious, then it's strange that after 6 months of investigation and millions of dollars that no one has been charged with exposing an undercover agent. NO ONE.

Waiting for you to fall into the "but, but, Libby was charged..." trap.

Well you can't impeach a person for inciting your hate, that's not an impeachable offense, yet. Milliebft - yes, I have yet to read one document indicating Ms Plane was even an "undercover" CIA officer. She was an analyst working behind a desk, not exactly James Bond.

Old 02-09-2007, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
Actually, the CIA has refused to write a report on this as of yet -- so we don't know what happened. I believe something serious must have happened for Fitz to follow up on this and take Libby to trial.

If nothing happened, why the trial?

Old 02-09-2007, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
She was an analyst working behind a desk, not exactly James Bond.
She wasn't an analyst. She was covert.

Old 02-09-2007, 04:32 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,480,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Well then, if it's so obvious, then it's strange that after 6 months of investigation and millions of dollars that no one has been charged with exposing an undercover agent. NO ONE.

Waiting for you to fall into the "but, but, Libby was charged..." trap.

Well you can't impeach a person for inciting your hate, that's not an impeachable offense, yet. Milliebft - yes, I have yet to read one document indicating Ms Plane was even an "undercover" CIA officer. She was an analyst working behind a desk, not exactly James Bond.
Wow, you need to learn how to set better traps. The one you set above was about as effective as those ACME traps that Wile E. Coyote used to set for Road Runner

The reason why no one has been charged with outing Plame is because the government alleges that Scooter Libby lied to Fitzgerald, making it unnecessarily difficult for Fitzgerald to get to the root of the outing. That's why Libby is on trial right now. It's called obstruction of justice. I'm sure that once this trial is over, the larger investigation will continue.

And as far as Plame's covert status- keep digging. It won't be that hard, because it's common knowledge that Plame was undercover. I haven't heard of anyone on either side of the issue questioning this.

Last edited by mb919; 02-09-2007 at 04:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies