Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 07:51 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,592,847 times

Advertisements

- End abortion exculding cases of rape and incest.

- States can define marriage by taxpayer vote ONLY.

- Make concealed weapon carrying legal in every state.

i agree with all except the above, and even those i could live with. you got my vote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 08:11 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,667,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Most likely i would run as a libertarian

My views on issues:

- Tell any company that wants a bailout, "Sorry, you made your bed sleep in it."

- Stop ovespending our tax dollars on stupid stuff and end earmarks period.

- Give a 2 year time limit on ESL education for anyone and make English the offical language of EVRYTHING, no drivers tests, govt info, etc. in other languages.

- Build our border fence, hire more security for our borders and ports, pardon Ramos and Compean within my first 90 MINUTES in office.

- NO AMNESTY and step up immigration enforcement.

- End free education and healthcare for illegal aliens, no birthright citizenship, no funding and massive fines for sanctuary cities.

- Bring out troops home and only use in cases of true national defense. Simpler words, butt out of conflict between other countries.

- Better tax breaks for companies who limit or eliminate outsourcing and create new jobs in the US.

- Drill offshore for oil WHILE funding research for new types of energy.

- Go after celebrites and CEOs. People who do the least amount of work for the most amount of $$$$$.

- Raise the salaries/benefits of troops and teachers.

With all of that may i have your vote?

You have my vote agree with 99%.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:14 PM

26,687 posts, read 41,588,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
You have my vote agree with 99%.
JW what is that 1% you dont agree with?

Old 09-22-2008, 07:31 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,798,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Most likely i would run as a libertarian

My views on issues:

- Tell any company that wants a bailout, "Sorry, you made your bed sleep in it."

- Stop ovespending our tax dollars on stupid stuff and end earmarks period.

- Give a 2 year time limit on ESL education for anyone and make English the offical language of EVRYTHING, no drivers tests, govt info, etc. in other languages.

- Build our border fence, hire more security for our borders and ports, pardon Ramos and Compean within my first 90 MINUTES in office.

- NO AMNESTY and step up immigration enforcement.

- End free education and healthcare for illegal aliens, no birthright citizenship, no funding and massive fines for sanctuary cities.

- Bring out troops home and only use in cases of true national defense. Simpler words, butt out of conflict between other countries.

- Better tax breaks for companies who limit or eliminate outsourcing and create new jobs in the US.

- Drill offshore for oil WHILE funding research for new types of energy.

- Go after celebrites and CEOs. People who do the least amount of work for the most amount of $$$$$.

- Raise the salaries/benefits of troops and teachers.

With all of that may i have your vote?
Yes, you would certainly get my vote. I don't agree with everything, but a heck of a lot more than the two choices we have now. I'm curious, I thought libertarian was for open borders and immigration. Do you differ on that, or am I mistaken in what I assumed they stood for on that issue?

Old 09-22-2008, 07:41 PM

42,579 posts, read 86,694,851 times
I have a queation about your abortion policy. Why do you approve of murdering absolutely innocent babies merely because their father is a rapist or related to the mother? You are in favor of murdering a baby if the mother is under 18 and unmarried, which automaticlly makes the father guilty of statuatory rape. Please explain.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I have a queation about your abortion policy. Why do you approve of murdering absolutely innocent babies merely because their father is a rapist or related to the mother? You are in favor of murdering a baby if the mother is under 18 and unmarried, which automaticlly makes the father guilty of statuatory rape. Please explain.
Alright. In cases of rape or incest, the mother was impreganted by force. I can understand if a woman does not want to keep a baby in that case. Even then i would give the woman resources to favor adoption over an abortion.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:55 PM

24,483 posts, read 33,188,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
>- NO AMNESTY and step up immigration enforcement.

Fine with me. How are you going to get vegetables picked?
Who was picking them before the 1970s, when there were not millions of illegal aliens in the country?

Old 09-22-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaT2 View Post
Yes, you would certainly get my vote. I don't agree with everything, but a heck of a lot more than the two choices we have now. I'm curious, I thought libertarian was for open borders and immigration. Do you differ on that, or am I mistaken in what I assumed they stood for on that issue?
Kinda both. The libertarian party platform does support illegal immigration but i DONT. Also, the libertarian presidential candidate Bob Barr has a voting record against illegal immigration.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:48 AM

16,951 posts, read 12,511,466 times
>Who was picking them before the 1970s, when there were not millions of illegal aliens in the country?<

Mexicans

You have to go back to the depression to find regular Americans being the dominant migrant farm workers. WWII seems to have started it all.

Fine: Poof they are all gone.

Again who is gonna pick the vegetables? Even the least educated American thinks they are too good for that work. BTW they make over 9 bucks an hour in FL when I was there in 2006 so its not purely pay. I saw that on the news and it floored me.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:58 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,200,671 times
You have my vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies