Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 04:36 AM

16,955 posts, read 12,515,761 times

Advertisements

I find irony in the fact Hillary Clinton was a "best friend" of the blacks (remember bill as the first "black president)... until Obama shows up and is completely abandoned by her black "friends". I rather doubt it was a policy difference.

Oh no, race didnt have ANY effect there <--sarcasm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 02:22 PM

167 posts, read 472,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
seriously....

I have faced more racism from blacks and hispanics than I have from white people.

So why is it that when we here of a racist comment being made we assume the person is a white man?

over the course of human history, there is no more disperate form of racism than slavery of BLACK PEOPLE by WHITE PEOPLE over the last 400 years

let me repeat that, over the course of human history- there is no more disperate form of racism than slavery of BLACKS by WHITES over the last 400 years

there is NOTHING that a black person could possibly do or SAY to you to even come close to matching what WHITE PEOPLE did to them for 400 years, and then continued to do once slavery abolished by Lincoln, proceed to treat them like 2nd and 3rd class citizens for 150 years up to the present day

if one day you woke up, with a white man beating you with or whip, or one day you woke up and couldn't shop at a store or eat in an establishment or go to a certain school because you were white, then potentially you would understand, but sadly, ignorant, elitist white people will always say, "there's nothing we can do now to make up for that" which is total crap

Old 10-08-2008, 02:25 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,611,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remedy a4 View Post
over the course of human history, there is no more disperate form of racism than slavery of BLACKS by WHITES over the last 400 years

let me repeat that, over the course of human history- there is no more disperate form of racism than slavery of BLACKS by WHITE over the last 400 years

there is NOTHING that a black person could possibly do to you to even come close to matching what you did to them for 400 years, and then once slavery abolished by Lincoln, proceed to treat them like 2nd and 3rd class citizens for 150 years up to the present day
Well, if we are going to look through the scope of history -- what about african vs african? Hell, there is some evil genocidal **** going on right now, and not a white person in sight either.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:27 PM

167 posts, read 472,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Well, if we are going to look through the scope of history -- what about african vs african? Hell, there is some evil genocidal **** going on right now, and not a white person in sight either.
LOL @ you trying to justfiy your racism against black people

have you been to Africa>? I have and let me tell you- Africa, like the Caribbean has white people as well- you act like everyone over there is black when Africa is a continent of many races and creeds

Old 10-08-2008, 02:44 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,524,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I think what they're trying to tell you, Camping, is that you're comparing apples with oranges. Of COURSE mayhem, genocide, torture, and chopping off the arms of your enemies are bad things....no doubt about it. Disemboweling pregnant women? NOBODY likes that. Mass rape, burning of villages, destruction of your neighbor's crops? Human sacrifice? Having a pile of human skulls lying around? The Rape of Nanking? The Holocaust?.....Stalin's "purges"?.....The Spanish Inquisition?....AWFUL stuff, by all means....and NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY, no matter WHERE he lives, wants to end up in his neighbor's stew pot.....but these things aren't racism. Racism is different.

At least, that's what I THINK they're telling you.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:52 PM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,583,540 times
Quote:
over the course of human history, there is no more disperate form of racism than slavery of BLACK PEOPLE by WHITE PEOPLE over the last 400 years

let me repeat that, over the course of human history- there is no more disperate form of racism than slavery of BLACKS by WHITES over the last 400 years

there is NOTHING that a black person could possibly do or SAY to you to even come close to matching what WHITE PEOPLE did to them for 400 years, and then continued to do once slavery abolished by Lincoln, proceed to treat them like 2nd and 3rd class citizens for 150 years up to the present day

if one day you woke up, with a white man beating you with or whip, or one day you woke up and couldn't shop at a store or eat in an establishment or go to a certain school because you were white, then potentially you would understand, but sadly, ignorant, elitist white people will always say, "there's nothing we can do now to make up for that" which is total crap
I'm sure this happened to you last week, right? Or in your lifetime, right?
If not, how is it that you personally suffered?
I'm not talking about your ancestors.

But if you want to go there, we can.
I don't see pissed off American Indians claiming racism because we stole their land many moons ago.

White people were idiots then. It has ended. Get over it.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
LOL @ you trying to justfiy your racism against black people

have you been to Africa>? I have and let me tell you- Africa, like the Caribbean has white people as well- you act like everyone over there is black when Africa is a continent of many races and creeds
Why would you think that I am a racist? Because I disagree with you? Because I am not writhing in liberal white guilt?

And yes, of course there are white people in Africa. But what I was referring to was the genocide perpetrated between the hutus and tsusees (sp?) tribes. Violence and slavery has been going on in Africa without the white mans influence, during the white mans influence and no doubt will always continue. To blame that on Europeans 400 years ago is naeive. To excuse all violence perpetrated by black africans against each other is disgusting and extremely hypocritical. If I am to be held responsible for all slave holding whites (though my own family never owned slaves), then are you not responsible for tribal violence going on to this very day?

Old 10-08-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I think what they're trying to tell you, Camping, is that you're comparing apples with oranges. Of COURSE mayhem, genocide, torture, and chopping off the arms of your enemies are bad things....no doubt about it. Disemboweling pregnant women? NOBODY likes that. Mass rape, burning of villages, destruction of your neighbor's crops? Human sacrifice? Having a pile of human skulls lying around? The Rape of Nanking? The Holocaust?.....Stalin's "purges"?.....The Spanish Inquisition?....AWFUL stuff, by all means....and NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY, no matter WHERE he lives, wants to end up in his neighbor's stew pot.....but these things aren't racism. Racism is different.

At least, that's what I THINK they're telling you.
Ah, its clear as mud thanks

Old 10-08-2008, 03:15 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,188,645 times
Most people don't think that. It's ridiculous.

While it's true that it comes from all people and is wrong from all people(with absolutely no exceptions) it would be intellectual dishonest however, to claim that it has equal ramifications coming to and fro different groups. Obviously, a Black/Native/Latino person being denied a job by a white manager has much worse implications than a white person being called out of their name or having ignorant comments said to them by a black person. It doesn't matter particularly who the groups are who are involved or the history, it's just that for the foreseeable future whites happen to hold a much larger share of the wealth and control a much larger share of the business and institutions than anyone else.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Most people don't think that. It's ridiculous.

While it's true that it comes from all people and is wrong from all people(with absolutely no exceptions) it would be intellectual dishonest however, to claim that it has equal ramifications coming to and fro different groups. Obviously, a Black/Native/Latino person being denied a job by a white manager has much worse implications than a white person being called out of their name or having ignorant comments said to them by a black person. It doesn't matter particularly who the groups are who are involved or the history, it's just that for the foreseeable future whites happen to hold a much larger share of the wealth and control a much larger share of the business and institutions than anyone else.
And that is an explanation that makes sense, and one that I agree with. What I cannot agree with is some sort of residual guilt I am supposed to feel for the crimes done by long dead people that I have no relation to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies