Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 03:52 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwine View Post
I don't agree. I think people who are most racist living in places with most diversity. States that has 95% white usually love diversity but white people who lives in areas like Detroit where whites are a minority can't wait to leave.
I live in Taylor, just south of Detroit. I never met a black Detroiter who couldn't wait to get out of Detroit and move to Southfield, Westland, Redford, etc. I'm not sure racism is the driving factor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
As long as you believe that, it shall be so. The chains of slavery that dangle in the mind constrict far more than the ones on the wrist. If it's all set up for their advancement, why so many Black/Asian/Latino professionals? Why poor white people?
In Michigan, the state government will assist entrepreneurs with loans to start a business. Three applications are used, one for blacks only, one for females only(not black) and one for "OTHERS". A white male can be fired or not hired for any reason or no reason at all. Blacks and females may sue! If a conflict arises at work with a black or female, I am automatically to blame because I can't sue, everyone else may. I'm a second class citizen who is told constantly that I have been born into privilege. Some people actually wonder why white males are angry.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remedy a4 View Post
over the course of human history, there is no more disperate form of racism than slavery of BLACK PEOPLE by WHITE PEOPLE over the last 400 years

let me repeat that, over the course of human history- there is no more disperate form of racism than slavery of BLACKS by WHITES over the last 400 years

there is NOTHING that a black person could possibly do or SAY to you to even come close to matching what WHITE PEOPLE did to them for 400 years, and then continued to do once slavery abolished by Lincoln, proceed to treat them like 2nd and 3rd class citizens for 150 years up to the present day

if one day you woke up, with a white man beating you with or whip, or one day you woke up and couldn't shop at a store or eat in an establishment or go to a certain school because you were white, then potentially you would understand, but sadly, ignorant, elitist white people will always say, "there's nothing we can do now to make up for that" which is total crap
When has any of this happened to you? And don't say 100 yrs ago because my ancestors were still in Europe!

Old 10-08-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Most people don't think that. It's ridiculous.

While it's true that it comes from all people and is wrong from all people(with absolutely no exceptions) it would be intellectual dishonest however, to claim that it has equal ramifications coming to and fro different groups. Obviously, a Black/Native/Latino person being denied a job by a white manager has much worse implications than a white person being called out of their name or having ignorant comments said to them by a black person. It doesn't matter particularly who the groups are who are involved or the history, it's just that for the foreseeable future whites happen to hold a much larger share of the wealth and control a much larger share of the business and institutions than anyone else.
Being called a name and being denied employment are different things. So if some whites are rich, it's ok to be a racist, Right?

Old 10-08-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ministers View Post
I still find it amusing how some whites stare at me like I am from another planet. Sometimes I am like, I wonder why they are staring at me. I am a light skinned african american, I wonder if they are trying to figure out what race I am. I don't have problems with people, people are people. There are good and bad in every race. For all those who are racist, Hell was not just created for blacks, it will look like a melting pot, you can count on it.
Here's the point you missed. If your white it doesn't matter if your good or evil, YOU'RE STILL WRONG BECAUSE YOU'RE WHITE!

Old 10-08-2008, 06:41 PM

420 posts, read 1,236,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Here's the point you missed. If your white it doesn't matter if your good or evil, YOU'RE STILL WRONG BECAUSE YOU'RE WHITE!

That is crazy, most people don't think all whites are bad. That is simply not true. I love all people, if I did not like white people, I would not like myself because I have white in me.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:03 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Why would you think that I am a racist? Because I disagree with you? Because I am not writhing in liberal white guilt?

And yes, of course there are white people in Africa. But what I was referring to was the genocide perpetrated between the hutus and tsusees (sp?) tribes. Violence and slavery has been going on in Africa without the white mans influence, during the white mans influence and no doubt will always continue. To blame that on Europeans 400 years ago is naeive. To excuse all violence perpetrated by black africans against each other is disgusting and extremely hypocritical. If I am to be held responsible for all slave holding whites (though my own family never owned slaves), then are you not responsible for tribal violence going on to this very day?
You are not responsible for what whites who held slaves did. You do, however, benefit from the inherent advantage that whites have in this society. As an African descendant, I still feel the effects of being descended from slaves (and others). Since I have no connection with Rwanda, no, I do not have responsibility for that genocide, just as you as a descendant of white Europeans have no connection with the Holocaust (white on mostly white crime), or the massacres of Bosnians and Croats by the Serbs. Or am I wrong?

Old 10-08-2008, 07:08 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
read all the posts. i feel shame i feel covered in shame. oozing swimming in it up to my eye balls. which is pretty strange bek im not white.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:21 PM

167 posts, read 473,864 times
face it people, god is a black man

Old 10-08-2008, 07:27 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
seriously....

I have faced more racism from blacks and hispanics than I have from white people.

So why is it that when we here of a racist comment being made we assume the person is a white man?
1.hispanic isnt a race, there are black, meztizo, mullato, zambo white, asian, arab, native american hispanics

2. for the most part its the tone and how the post sound and pr the history of the post fromthe poster, i 90% of the time can tell whenim engaging in a reply or quote to a white person..

words used, names, views etc etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies