Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 03:53 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times

Advertisements

With this crisis it shouldn't matter what party just that they really want to make a big change for the American people.

Last edited by geeoro; 09-23-2008 at 05:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 04:10 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
I have written to all my elected representatives telling them that THEY are the ones elected to do the people's business...NOT MR. PAULSON and that if they turn over the keys to the treasury and the power to use them to Paulson then we obviously don't need them. I will do my best to campaign against every representative that votes for this boondoogle. I suggest everyone write to your reps and let them know know that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! AND, I don't care WHAT party the belong to.....anyone who votes for this is NOT representing our best interest and can go.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:16 PM

LML..... You are one of the few people who seem to get it. No good electing a Govt. if it doesn;t do what it was voted in to do...... It's best for America and ALL American Citizens, not just the rich and CEO's. It's not Wrong to expect your hard earned tax dollars to be spent on you.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:21 PM
LML

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
LML..... You are one of the few people who seem to get it. No good electing a Govt. if it doesn;t do what it was voted in to do...... It's best for America and ALL American Citizens, not just the rich and CEO's. It's not Wrong to expect your hard earned tax dollars to be spent on you.

I just sort of took that "Of the people, by the people, for the people" seriously. I wish our government did.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:28 PM

seems that the "good of all" got lost somewhere.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:19 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
The Fed. WON'T PAY for reconstructing Galveston and other hurricame hit areas.
Good. I'm tired of wasting my money to subsidize people's fantasy life-styles of living near ocean beach fronts.

Quote:
WON'T PAY for a first class health service for every American Citizen.
Good. I can't afford to subsidize people's life-styles, and the 14th Amendment would force me subsidize care for illegal aliens.

Quote:
WON'T PAY for rebuilding the crumbling infrastructure of America.
Why should it? That's the state's responsibility.

Quote:
WON'T PAY for new refineries and open new drilling areas.
We don't need new refineries. We'll be swimming in gasoline in about 16 months when the E85 Ethanol Fuel Standard kicks in and refineries will be shutting down or re-tooling their cracking stills to handle heavy oils.

New drilling won't help with gasoline prices since those fields are mostly heavy sour and intermediate sour.

Quote:
WON'T PAY for a top class Education system for every American child.
That isn't the former-federal-turned-national government's responsibility. Per the US Constitution only the states have authority over education.

Money is not the issue in education. Other countries education their children at 1/10th the cost and produce better educated people.

Quote:
WON'T PAY for effective equipment for the military.
The military's equipment works fine.

Quote:
BUT they WILL PAY for incompetent CEO'S and Fat Cats who have crippled the economy.
CEOs exist because you worship corporations.

Quote:
WILL PAY for corrupt dealings with special interest groups.
Because you don't understand the that there are two ways to amend the US Constitution, and one of the two methods has never been attempted.

Why don't you turn off the tele for a few seconds and look into it.

Quote:
WILL PAY billions to overseas oil companies.
Your life and life-style requires it.

If you don't like it, you can step back into a 1960s life-style any time you want, you just have to want to do that.

Quote:
WILL PAY to rebuild other countries. WILL PAY overseas disasters.
Again, you need that for your life-style. You can give it up any time you want.

Quote:
Isn't it now time that the American People say "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH".
No, wait about 6 or 7 years when about 50 Million are permanently unemployed.

Quote:
I hear so much rubbish from elitists who are sooo proud of the "American way".
That would include you.

Quote:
Their American way is the greed way. What happened to the "for the good of all" way.
You gave it up for prurient interests.

Quote:
Americans are the hardest working people in the world but the profits go upwards to the "chosen few", not to the people who actually are the life blood of America.
That's your choice, as you choose to worship corporate CEOs, and no, Americans are not the hardest working.

Quote:
It's not a crime to make sure that every American has the same quality of life that we would want for ourself.
That's a matter of opinion. Other people do view it as a crime. The US uses a disproportionate amount of resources and 50% of US resource use is wasteful.

If you can justify how Chlorox Kitchen Wipes makes US standard of living and quality of life superior to any other country, I'll look forward to being amused.

I hope you're ready to kill those who will start depriving you of your life-style and quality of life in about 10 years.

After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:20 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
With this crisis it shouldn't matter what party just that they really want to make a big change for the American people.
Look at the Kucinich thread and see how many conservative posters have expressed some admiration and respect for him, because he goes straight for the jugular of troublesome issues, without wearing partisan blinders. He looks for a solution to problems, and when he gets an idea, he tells it like it is. If Kucinich ran as an independent, I believe he would get a lot of conservative voters over to his side, as well as most liberals.

Now, in the light of the present economic crisis, McCain and Obama look like the worst possible candidates. And our current president, when he deigns to give us a photo op, is proving beyond any doubt that he is absolutely the stupidest and most inarticulate human being to ever have been elected to any major public office.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:31 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,803,289 times
Our Congress is thinking for the good of us, otherwise they would have just zipped this bill right on through the day it was introduced. And this Bail Out Bill isn't just a bail out, it's an investment plan. Do any of you opposing this not understand the consequences of this, if it does not go through? Virtually every single one of you, no matter how financially secure you think you are, will be out on the streets begging for food. Yoi! Double Yoi! Infact, I say buy, buy stock, buy bonds, but buy smartly and diversely. This is when personal fortunes are made. And these companies are not going to get off scott free, the FBI is investigating the major players, and including other companies totalling 26 all together. Yeah, it's not fair, but have you ever heard the expression life's not fair.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:33 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,803,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Now, in the light of the present economic crisis, McCain and Obama look like the worst possible candidates. And our current president, when he deigns to give us a photo op, is proving beyond any doubt that he is absolutely the stupidest and most inarticulate human being to ever have been elected to any major public office.
Indeed. No leadership has been shown what-so-ever

Old 09-23-2008, 10:42 PM
LML

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugdogmaster View Post
Our Congress is thinking for the good of us, otherwise they would have just zipped this bill right on through the day it was introduced. And this Bail Out Bill isn't just a bail out, it's an investment plan. Do any of you opposing this not understand the consequences of this, if it does not go through? Virtually every single one of you, no matter how financially secure you think you are, will be out on the streets begging for food. Yoi! Double Yoi! Infact, I say buy, buy stock, buy bonds, but buy smartly and diversely. This is when personal fortunes are made. And these companies are not going to get off scott free, the FBI is investigating the major players, and including other companies totalling 26 all together. Yeah, it's not fair, but have you ever heard the expression life's not fair.

This is just another lie brought to us by the same people who lied us into the Iraq war. It is their "final solution" that has been well planned to bum rush our "representatives" into turning over the keys to the treasury AND the unlimited power to use them to an unelected official so that, no matter WHO is elected, they will continue to be able to loot our country without any fear of retribution. If our elected "representatives" are so blind and so foolish (or so corrupt) that they fall for this then it is time for the people to rise up and take our country back. I don't know why we stand by like sheep while they strip us of our constitutional rights, kill our sons and daughters, take away our jobs, and loot our treasury without comment. Our forefathers wouldn't even pay the tax on tea...or rum....and we are expected to pay for their yachts and jets. ENOUGH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies